Petition to Replace the Main Street Bakery at the Magic Kingdom with Starbucks

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by floaton, Nov 12, 2012.

1. floaton

floaton You shouldn't take life to seriously. You'll never

I found this petition that was started to reverse the decision by the the Walt Disney Company to replace The Main Street Bakery with a Starbucks.

If you are interested in attempting to sway the decision then please sign this petition and write Disney directly with your comments and concerns about this decision.

http://www.change.org/petitions/wal...ery-at-the-magic-kingdom-with-starbucks#share

Thank you all, maybe we can prevent losing such an iconic location through shear volume and public tenacity.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BionicEar

BionicEar Planning a WDW trip is my Prozac!

4. AndyPok1

AndyPok1 Back in MCO!

Personally I say we bring back tickets. This pay one price and get access to the entire park is not the way Walt wanted it!

5. Halloweenqueen

Halloweenqueen Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

They used to have McDonalds at the park too. I actually welcome Starbucks! I know Disney did a good job incorporating at Disneyland.

6. k5jmh

k5jmh When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba...

...or Future corp

or the Disney Inn

or the Wave Generator for the Poly

or River Country

or the Tronorail

Or more pay phones

or Han shooting first. (Hey, Disney owns Star Wars now).

7. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

Like I said last time someone posted a link to an online petition if Disney didn't care about the one to keep the adventures club open why would they care bout this one. Also the main problem with an online petition is that anyone can add a name to it and it doesn't have to be there's. There were like five Indiana Jones on the one for the Adventures Club one

8. AndyPok1

AndyPok1 Back in MCO!

I'd hate to have to change the dictionary. Iconic is one of the most Iconic 'Ic'-words. Icicle just doesn't compare!

9. jcb

jcb always emerging from hibernation

10. WaltD4Me

WaltD4Me <font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate

Blame it on the Kardashians....they'll tell you...practically everything they do is iconic.

11. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

12. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

This thread has steered way off topic.

Please keep your comments to those relating to this petition which, I can imagine, some feel very strongly about including those who are relatively new to our forum.

13. jpeka65844

jpeka65844 DIS Veteran

YES! I'd forgotten about that restaurant. We ate there on their closing night in 2008 and it was sublime. The wait staff was excellent and the steak was to die for!!!

14. Halloweenqueen

Halloweenqueen Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

I really am surprised by the general reaction to this change. DL fans were sad to lose their version, but I never saw this level if complaint! The new bakery, the Jolly Holiday, is fantastic!

15. jcb

I can certainly understand not liking some of the changes WDW has made over the years. I miss the old Sky Way and don't get me started on Lights of Winter (as to which I am seriously contemplating dropping off a box of LED Christmas lights to guest services in EPCOT).

But no online petition is going to get Disney to breach its contract with Starbucks. While I've not seen the contract, Starbucks achieved its current success by putting its coffee houses in optimal locations, so I expect the Main Street location is mandated by Starbucks' contract with Disney. And odds are this is a long term contract (several years) with options. In short, the location isn't going to change because 500 or even 5000 people sign online petitions.

If you don't like the fact that the addition of Starbucks means you won't get favorite MSB pastry, then go to guest services and tell them exactly what you miss. A thoughtful letter or note makes much more of an impact than an online petition, though, of course, Disney is under no obligation to agree.

16. k5jmh

The information contained in this post is provided to you “AS IS”, does not constitute legal advice, Jack is not acting as your attorney. He make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this post and its posts.

The law changes very rapidly and, accordingly, Jack does not guarantee that any information on this web site or affiliated posts is accurate and up to date. Additionally, the law differs from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and is subject to interpretation of courts located in each county....blah, blah, blah

17. jcb

In even finer print. And remember, "blah, blah, blah" is a well-understood legal term.

18. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

The purpose of this thread is to discuss a petition regarding the bakery, not discuss the use of "iconic." Please keep all comments to the topic at hand.

19. k5jmh

I am glad that I keep that snip-it in a notes file on my macbook. :rotfl2:

20. k5jmh

That petition is a an iconic waste of effort as Disney will not use it. The Icon that was the MSB was not really an Icon. I do not think of MSB when I think on the Magic Kingdom. I think of my brother running naked down Main Street. That was ICONIC!!

New word, Haughty! :rotfl2:

21. mdvlprof

mdvlprof DIS Veteran

Usually, I get my coffee from a local place. Starbucks is a decent second, tho. Frappacino..yum.. The pastries aren't bad.
    The plain coffee, however, I think is gack. But there are folks hooked on the stuff. WDW made a very shrewd business decision.