Peter Pan Opening Delayed

Man that sucks. Every time I go Peter Pan is closed for refurb. I was so happy to see it open for my upcoming trip and now this. Not happy :( It's one of my fav rides and the last time I was able to do this was 10 years ago!

I am so bummed! That is one of our favorites and we will be in the parks the 25-27 of June. Luckily we are also going again during Halloween so we won't have to wait TOO long.

Super bummed since I was looking forward to making that my first ride of the day on the 24 hour day. I can't imagine how insane the line will be once it does open since they're reopening the ride at the height of summer vacation.

Man oh man! I haven't been on for over 10 years (it was closed at WDW when I was last there) and I'm going in June...I'll miss it by one week!

Major bummer!

Which ride will get the mad rush in the morning now?

:sad: Oh I am disappointed! We will go at the end of June, and fly back home on July 1!
I just told my husband and he is bummed as well. There is something about that ride we love. Just feel :love: on it.

Wow! Our last day in the parks is July 2. I hope it doesn't get delayed anymore. That ride is just Disney magic to me.
Please post about it when you go! We will live through you

:( Terribly disappointed. That's my absolute favorite, and it was the first on my list.
First on our list too. Now what to do first when the park is open? I feel lost.

I just did an on-line chat on the Disney website, and asked if it is ever possible for a re-furb to open earlier than anticipated. She said it is possible and asked where I got the info for the July 1 date. As I was trying to get to it I think I accidentally cut her off. So, anyway, maybe some hope?
Anyone ever experienced attractions opening earlier than a posted date? How would we know if it were to open earlier?

Oh boo! I was looking forward to that being my girls' first ride of Disneyland :( At least nearly everything else should be open and there will be plenty to do and see, and I guess this just means we'll have to go back!

Ridiculous. 60th Anniversary should have everything ready to go from the onset. This really upsets me. We pay alot of money to travel great distances and for them to error like this shouldn't cost me but cost them. This ride is the headliner for Fantasyland. Unexcusable in my opinion.

This makes me so sad :( It was closed in March and I was so looking forward to it. We are going the end of June, so fingers crossed for a slightly early refurb finish!

It just makes me wonder... what could possibly lead to a 40 day, rather than merely a week (which is what's happening for the Matterhorn) delay? It's a pretty long time...

I went on Peter Pan last December after waiting an hour to get on the ride. I did enjoy but admit the actual ride felt super short to me. I am hoping the refurbishment will make it a little longer. It is one of my favorite rides as well, love flying over the stars. :) I look forward to reading about all of your experiences when it does reopen. I will probably be going back (after I hope next week) in the Fall when heat and crowds have calmed down.

I doubt they'll change the track and make it longer. It's all cosmetic, track changes are too much work. Not sure why the long delay, it's already been pushed back once. The original estimation from news sites was the weekend before Matterhorn and Soarin' were to open. Then it got moved to the week after Matterhorn and Soarin'. And now Soarin' is still on schedule, but Matterhorn was pushed back a week and Peter Pan more than a month. Maybe there were unforeseen structural issues.

Ridiculous. 60th Anniversary should have everything ready to go from the onset. This really upsets me. We pay alot of money to travel great distances and for them to error like this shouldn't cost me but cost them. This ride is the headliner for Fantasyland. Unexcusable in my opinion.

Isn't the 60th on July 17th? So it sounds like it will still be open by then. Just because people book early trips isn't Disney's fault.

As long as Matterhorn remains on schedule...my fiancee has never been to DL and I've raved about it, so if it's closed we will be seriously bummed!

I wonder why...that's a LONG time to add to the refurb. We lucked out that Indiana Jones opened early this past weekend...maybe it will open sooner than they are expecting?

Adding more than a month to the plan seems pretty odd. I kinda wonder if the team figured that a long extension was going to get very ugly. So maybe their idea was if you say you need an extra 40 days but then get it ready in 20 days, you come back to hero status instead of just long-delayed status? Pretty sure that's just wishful thinking on my part though since we're taking the kids for the first time in June and they love the story of Peter Pan.

I know that I am hoping for a miracle so we can enjoy PP on our daughter's graduation trip. I'm certainly not counting on it, but still thinking positively. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter