Pete needs to go Fly a Fish already

Can both sides of this issue be right at the same time....having watched these podcasts for years, there are times when issues can get the dead horse treatment, and feedback about that should be given and accepted......AND at the same time, there is a large portion of people that dont mind that coverage, or pop in and out....so I will say, i dont mind the OP's thoughts, but i also disagree...cant wait to eat at the FF!!

Being on budget is important for families which kids. Lets not forget about the children.

If you are traveling with children and on a budget, the signature restaurants are not likely to be your best fit. As has been mentioned, the team has also reviewed food courts, counter service, and more moderate table service restaurants. And as someone who travels with other adults, it's really nice to find some upscale adult-oriented restaurants where overtired screaming children running between the tables is not the norm. I love children, but Chef Mickey's makes me twitchy...

Flying Fish may not fit YOUR interests and wallet, but I see no need for you to complain about the review for those of us who may travel in a way where this interests us. I've been looking forward to this rehab for a while, so I was very happy with the discussions. Can't wait to try it!

If you're not interested, just fast forward!

Aside from Corey none of these guys have kids. I didn't catch Kathy's comments but I would like to reinforce how important it is to get more females/moms on this show.

Why?

You have Corey, Julie and Teresa with children. Pete has toured with his small niece. There is representation from the traveling-with-kids point of view.

If you're looking for a more kid-centric show, I'll bet you can find one. But the constant jabs and complaints about the DIS Unplugged are growing pretty tiresome.

Kathy mentioned they had a kids menu on the podcast and in response to a question said they saw lots of kids there
Thanx, Max - I just finished the show a few hours ago, and thought I remembered Kathy specifically saying that - you saved me from rewinding the show to make sure.

OP-Have you ever considered doing your own podcast?

YES!! THIS!!!

Can both sides of this issue be right at the same time....having watched these podcasts for years, there are times when issues can get the dead horse treatment, and feedback about that should be given and accepted......AND at the same time, there is a large portion of people that dont mind that coverage, or pop in and out....so I will say, i dont mind the OP's thoughts, but i also disagree...cant wait to eat at the FF!!

I can understand this and I welcome differing opinions, it's what I have liked about this site. However, it seems like the OP posts negative things just for the coverage they are getting so I can also understand why his posts are rubbing people the wrong way.

Aside from Corey none of these guys have kids. I didn't catch Kathy's comments but I would like to reinforce how important it is to get more females/moms on this show.
What does that have to do with a restuarant review? Kathy and Corey were present at the meal. Both have kids. It's a restaurant review not a show about eating with your kids.

First, you complained of too much coverage,

Then you complained that there wasn't enough coverage (we didn't discuss kids)

And now, there seems to be an issue with there not being enough females.

It seems you are enjoying complaining and then watching people react to your complaints.

This seems to be a pattern.

Moving forward, i think you should complain all you like.

I just won't get involved again.

Just curious, what appetizer/meal did everyone seem the most interested in? I've never had it before, but the pork belly aka #meatbutter has me curious. The peanut butter drink is right up my alley too. Yum! :drinking1

And now, there seems to be an issue with there not being enough females.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but his issue with not enough females seems to tie in with his grievance that there wasn't enough coverage from a parent's POV. Don't get me started on how sexist THAT is!!

Signed:
A strong, independent female who was raised with her 2 sisters BY HER DAD ALONE.

Just curious, what appetizer/meal did everyone seem the most interested in? I've never had it before, but the pork belly aka #meatbutter has me curious. The peanut butter drink is right up my alley too. Yum! :drinking1
You've never had pork belly before?!?!
Oh Nikki!! You're missing out girlfriend! It's a glorious thing when done well. Oh my! Please promise me that next time you see pork belly on a menu, you'll order it and report back?!

You've never had pork belly before?!?!
Oh Nikki!! You're missing out girlfriend! It's a glorious thing when done well. Oh my! Please promise me that next time you see pork belly on a menu, you'll order it and report back?!

Nope. I'm a picky eater (have gotten better) but the name creeps me out. I know it's not literally the stomach of a pig but...

Nope. I'm a picky eater (have gotten better) but the name creeps me out. I know it's not literally the stomach of a pig but...
It's a succulent piece of meat with about 3/4 inch of belly fat, and as Corey mentioned, it's usually got a crispy skin, like a roast pork crackle.
It's so delicious, you won't regret it!!

It's a succulent piece of meat with about 3/4 inch of belly fat, and as Corey mentioned, it's usually got a crispy skin, like a roast pork crackle.
It's so delicious, you won't regret it!!

Ewwww I don't know.

Wouldn't that be mushy/slimy with that much fat?

:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter