Petals & Pixie Dust Planning Journal 11/30/2009/2010

Awww, get you pretty girl! You look absolutely stunning, and your dress looks fantastic.

MORE PLEASE, RIGHT NOW!! :goodvibes

ps. Hope you're feeling better.

:bride::groom: First, I love the sneak peeks. Some of my favorites are towards the end through the windows and with the shadows. The GF makes for such beautiful backdrops for shots. Don't worry, I think every bride is critical of faces they are making in some shots and no one else usually sees what we see.

I totally understand the emotions surrounding Disney. Yea :yay: for the extra pixie dust for the GF room. Isn't it so nice to stay in the concierge? We were upgraded during our wedding stay too. How touching that you were able to get the band to play the song on tape, I am sure that was a nice surprise for your aunt.

GF was amazing! At one point BIL asked what we were doing the day after the wedding and I said "Enjoying the room that they gave us!" -Looking back that could have been taken a couple of ways but we didn't leave until we absolutely positively HAD to. I doubt we will ever get a chance to stay there again...or for that matter in that room...But what an experience!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only bride that is critical of her self :rolleyes1...We got to view our pictures online and there were some that I was floored by and others that I had to ask myself "What am I doing in this shot! I know better than to--------- (insert anything from tilt my head that way to stand that way...blah blah blah" I guess it doesnt help that I worked as a photographer for about a year...maybe I look for more...who knows...but our pictures are amazing! (can't wait to get the DVD and post!)

Awww, get you pretty girl! You look absolutely stunning, and your dress looks fantastic.

MORE PLEASE, RIGHT NOW!! :goodvibes

ps. Hope you're feeling better.

Thanks! More as soon as I get them! :thumbsup2

the sneak peeks are gorgeous. You looked beautiful and don't worry, I think we are all most critical of ourselves. My favorites are the ones with the rose, very beauty and the beast and romantic :goodvibes.

I'm so glad they played that song for you, I'm sure your Aunt will be very touched and what a great way to remember your uncle.

looking forward to hearing more.

I'm sorry that I'm so behind! The teasers are great! You look so beautiful! I love the GF photos and especially the silhouette one! Can't wait to see more! love them.

the sneak peeks are gorgeous. You looked beautiful and don't worry, I think we are all most critical of ourselves. My favorites are the ones with the rose, very beauty and the beast and romantic :goodvibes.

I'm so glad they played that song for you, I'm sure your Aunt will be very touched and what a great way to remember your uncle.

looking forward to hearing more.

Ok well at least I'm not the only one that is critical...when I first saw them I thought "yikes...seriously what was I doing? Who was I kidding?" The more I look at them...I think WOW...we look pretty dang good. :bride:

As for Beauty and the Beast...funny you should mention that...did you read how our wedding got it's "theme?" :thumbsup2

I'm sorry that I'm so behind! The teasers are great! You look so beautiful! I love the GF photos and especially the silhouette one! Can't wait to see more! love them.

Thank you!

No worries...I haven't left...Did a dry run last night to stay up until midnight and then go to bed and get back up...blah blah blah...Have to start training to get body in ready (and slightly sleep deprived) for booking excursions for Alaska! (silly I know...)

Will be back to finish day 3 here shortly...:thumbsup2

Why yes it is!!!
Ok lets back up...We did get a little pixie dust at Chef Mickeys...At this point I was very happy with our room upgrade and really didn't think that I needed a cup cake too...but was very happy to accept it!
IMG_5165.jpg

When DH blew out the candles from his side, the sprinkles went every where...and he said "See there is your pixie dust!" :rotfl:

When we last left off...We were headed to our room for fireworks...And of course..this had to be broken into!

IMG_5174.jpg

Cheers!
IMG_5203.jpg

We also had turn down service
IMG_5173.jpg

Now, I want you to remember what these pictures look like...DH and I watched the fireworks with my mom that night...She was staying with me that night and DH would go back to our room at the POP...

The Castle...Terribly Blurry...Hard to tell in such a small pic
IMG_5182.jpg

And these...augh!
IMG_5217.jpg

Seriously?!?! You would have never known I worked as a photographer at a studio once upon a time...Terrible! :headache:
IMG_5220.jpg

Or maybe you would....
IMG_5205.jpg

AT that point I just put the camera down...and watched the fireworks...Still amazed that I was there...in this room...with my husband who would be my husband again tomorrow...

The fireworks ended and it was time for him to leave :guilty: That sucked....big time...It was just me and my mom...Mom get into bed...I took full advantage of the tub...and got ready for bed...and then it was time to sleep....

Home with the flu.:sick: So, I'll do as much as I can off my laptop...but need my desk top for pics...

Now, if you recall...my mom stayed the night with me. She was at one end of the king size bed...and I was at the other. Now, remind you they all tell you to try to sleep the night before your wedding...I was EXHAUSTED...but apparently...my mother snores-which I did not know prior to making this arrangement...SO I might have been lucky to get 3-4 hours total. I was NOT happy. I tried everything...kicking her...yelling her name...telling her to roll over....nothing worked. I considered sleeping in the tub...but wasn't going to leave my comfortable room...

We finally woke up and what ever time...obviously...at this point it didn't matter to me....I was just tired. We went upstairs to concierge for breakfast...and then played a quick game of checkers (something that my mom wanted to do since we got there) Mom went to the pool and I did some shopping and wandering. Our room was suppose to be cleaned at 9-9:30 so that it was ready by the time Patricia and Misty got there.

CA was there promptly (ok...like 1 minute late and she was mortified...but couldn't find a parking space-so totally forgiven! LOL)
I had gotten lunch from Gaspirillas-Grilled chicken yumminess!!!

Things at this point it still hadn't really set in yet. I was just doing my thing.

More as soon as I up load some pictures...

Don't you just hate snorers!!! :rotfl: DF is one, usually not a problem but every now and then I have to block his nose until it stops :rolleyes1

Don't you just hate snorers!!! :rotfl: DF is one, usually not a problem but every now and then I have to block his nose until it stops :rolleyes1

AUGH! The worst! I wanted to scream...I was soo tired wedding day b/c of this...I should have stayed alone or with DH...Oh well...Mom slept well...:rotfl:

I'm just joining in here. I love your pictures! You looked beautiful!:goodvibes

Welcome! and thank you!

So, here is my dress after CA steamed it... I had to giggle this woman had no problem finding a place to hang my gown...

IMG_5239.jpg

She did her steaming while I ate my lunch...
IMG_5240.jpg

Word to the wise...the chocolate brownies are gluten free...good if you need that sort of thing...but I didn't and was hoping for chocolate.

At some point between finishing lunch and waiting for Patricia my mom went for a cigarette..and calls the room "Hurry come downstairs and bring your camera!" Um ok...I go downstairs and there is our name on the sign for the days events...:woohoo: (I'm not posting pic just b.c it has our last names...but it was super cool) After taking my picture, I then text messaged the picture to friends at home.. :goodvibes

Patricia was scheduled for 1:30...and promptly arrived at that time. B/c we were in concierge level, I had to go down get her and bring her back up...Which was fine and at one point Nelio had a key to the room...Adelia had a key and my mom did as well. At one point I have no clue where mine was :rotfl:Its all good they all ended up where they needed to be and with whom they needed to be with...

So, as Patricia and I get in the room...my mom is getting ready...All of a sudden she panics and says to Patricia "I don't know maybe I should have you do my hair too." :laughing: I had asked my mom if she wanted her hair and make up done...no no no...she would do it...only to have a last minute melt down. Patricia said, "I'll do what ever you need." Mom gets all worried and doesn't want to take away from me...and walks back into the bathroom. Patricia says to me "If you don't want me to it's ok just tell me and I'll handle it." :goodvibes I told her to do what ever my mom needed b/c she needed to feel beautiful too-after all she is the mother of the bride. Mom eventually calmed down and was fine and did her own hair... Patricia set up and got everything where she needed it-rearranged the room an everything. That is one thing that people don't tell you on these boards. Literally this woman re-arranged my room so that we were in the light of the sliding window and she was working in natural light. She had me sit on the ottoman from the chair and was off. She explained that she would not leave until I felt beautiful. :goodvibes

This is where the giddiness started. This was all really really happening. I was getting married at Disney...All that planning all of the tears, frustration, excitement, all of it...came down to these moments. WOW. Just to think about it brings back the feeling of excitement.

Shortly after set up (or maybe it was just before we got started...or the nano second in between) Adelia called and was waiting downstairs...Mom grabbed her key and went to get her.

This was the one favor I am so glad that I asked for. I was in a panic that my mother was going to destroy my gown trying to lace up the corset...A silly bridezilla type reaction to practicing getting it tied one day...I sent an email to Adelia asking her if in the mist of her own wedding gathering stuff if she could spend the afternoon with me and help me get ready. I didn't have any bridesmaids and I was afraid I was going to loose my patience with my mother. She was more than happy to come and help and I can't thank her enough for that! She kept me sane...and took some photos for me along the way...
Since jewelry making is a hobby of mine I made her a bracelet with her wedding colors to say thank you! As a wonderful surprise, she brought DH and I the Mr. & Mrs. coffee mugs. I was super excited b/c DH wouldn't let me buy them right when we got there!!!

The next little bit is kind of a whirlwind. Patricia was doing my hair, Adelia and I were talking, mom was getting ready and I'm not sure what came first...the champagne from the hotel or Misty and Nelio....and in between all of that they brought in my flowers...So, I will post the photos that Adelia took...Since she was the only one on her game...I got sucked into the whole SWOOOSH of the fairytale...I swear...it was just like what Cinderella felt when her Fairy God Mother transformed her...

The eyes...

IMG_0096-1.jpg

The set up

IMG_0097-1.jpg

More Eyes

IMG_0098-1.jpg

Airbrush

IMG_0099-1.jpg

Seeing flowers for the first time (Love mom's reaction!!! Floral was PERFECT!)

IMG_0100-1.jpg

IMG_0101-1.jpg

2 hidden mickeys one for each grand parent...

IMG_0102-1.jpg

My something old...I had asked Rosie to leave a small loop in the ribbon to put my something old (mom's turtle pin) and they forgot :headache: Adelia came up with this solution and it stayed the entire time!~

IMG_0103-1.jpg

Wine sent up from GF

IMG_0104-1.jpg

Getting into the dress

IMG_0105-1.jpg

IMG_0106-1.jpg

The only thing I wish I had was a picture of just Adelia and me. In the hoopla of it all...I missed the shot :confused3 Oh well...There are always anniversary trips and Dis meets!

Just a couple of asides...When Misty walked in her and Patricia greeted each other like old friends. It was great. They were great. Patricia was able to tell me what Misty would do when she got there and gave good warning that Nelio would take my dress and disappear..."getting ready" photos would be staged so I had a couple, and all the time saying "I'm not leaving until you feel beautiful. Today is all about you." Adelia made sure that I had food and drinks before she left, Mom was squared away, and even took some things to the WP that I forgot to put in the bag of stuff the day before. It was calm, exciting and amazing. I felt the most beautiful I will ever feel. Nothing could compare to the excitement in the room. It was amazing!

Yay another post!! :)

I love your pictures, and your bouquet is beautiful! I love the addition of the turtle pin on the bottom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter