pet help

LBKB

DIS Veteran
We were going down for 3 days to Disney before heading to Naples but now our son doesnt want to leave our little yorkie home so do I have to give up disney or is there some where we can stay with her I so wish we had our camper back now.

We were going down for 3 days to Disney before heading to Naples but now our son doesnt want to leave our little yorkie home so do I have to give up disney or is there some where we can stay with her I so wish we had our camper back now.

All the Disney hotels are pet free, so you would have to get an off site hotel that allows pets, or use Disney's close by kennel.

I know pets are allowed in camping areas are they also allowed in some cabins if we stayed there?

Tell the kid you make the decisions and you will leave the dog at home. That is, if there is someone there to feed and let him out occasionally.

I'll second the Best Friends Pet Care. It's right near Old Key West if I remember correctly. We brought our Shih Tzu. We visited him every day. He loved it and would pull us around the yard everyday like he owned the place. They offer a AAA discount.

Here is some info about Best Friends Pet care center. Which is located across the street from Port Orleans. My Aunt and Uncle use them ALL the time. They are Disney CM and when they both are scheduled to work the same day and time they need someone to look after their dog so they make an appt at Best Friends.

Sometimes the dog has to spend the night because they both have to work the next day as well. They know their fur baby is in good hands.

I have visited the facility a few times and it is very nice, clean and the staff is very friendly.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/kennels/

http://www.bestfriendspetcare.com/waltdisneyworldresort/

Not sure what arrangements you are making at home for the dog, but one thing to consider, would your dog be happier at home or on a trip and in a kennel.

Some pets can handle travel some love it, some may find it traumatic.

Tell the kid you make the decisions and you will leave the dog at home. That is, if there is someone there to feed and let him out occasionally.

These boards never cease to amaze me!!
Sorry maybe thats how you are but not in our family.
We just lost our oldest son in a horrible car accident Aug 27. I will not be tell "The kid" I make the decisions sorry we are a family and we make decisions Togather.

I am so sorry for your loss. I know what you must be feeling as we have lost three children in the past five years and one we were working toward adopting. Please accept my apology if my curt answer disturbed you. I can understand how you are closer as a family at this time. My answer was based on incomplete information.

We were planing on bringing our yorkie buy all the pet loops were full. We would have had to board him during the day at the facility near Port Orleans. My husband is retired and I was afraid he wouldn't want to be away from our dog. I was kind of frantic when I found out the pet campsites were full but I found a very good local boarding facility. After my husband saw the facility he admitted it would be a much better trip for us without our yorkie. How old is your son?

Unless they have made a really recent enforcement change, WDW will put dogs in any loop that is available. They primarily put them in so-called pet loops first, but you will see them anywhere after that.

I wonder why the CM didn't tell me? I had to cancel my dates because i voildnt get a pet loop find a boarding kennel then make new ressies.

Unless they have made a really recent enforcement change, WDW will put dogs in any loop that is available. They primarily put them in so-called pet loops first, but you will see them anywhere after that.

Do they maybe have a quota of how many sites/loops they can move pets into? :confused3

I would think there has to be some limit.

If you are staying in a tent, you are not allowed to have a pet regardless of the loop. We were told that last year.

Running_Bell said:
If you are staying in a tent, you are not allowed to have a pet regardless of the loop. We were told that last year.

We were going to board ours at the kennel by PO and bring him over for family visits. I should be glad that providence worked out the way it did. I thought I had read everything on pets and FW but I must have missed something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter