Personalizing waterbottles...

Discussion in 'Arts and Crafts' started by amydeich, Mar 8, 2013.

1. amydeich

amydeich Mouseketeer

I am hoping to get some DISigns done on the Creative DISigns forum, and want to somehow apply them to water bottles (like sturdy reusable ones, not clear plastic disposable). Any thoughts on what to print the images onto that I can then transfer onto the bottles? I don't know much about Cricut machines or something similar, but can they print out any image or just from their specific cartridges? I do have a friend who uses one and seems to print out or cut out images with some adhesive plastic and apply that to products to personalize them (similar things I've seen on Etsy and other websites). Any suggestions or input on this?? Am I even making sense?! Thanks for any input!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mssong85

mssong85 Mouseketeer

I can cut any stencil like image. Cricuts don't print. Vinyl is what I use. Sorry if I am not answering right.

4. amydeich

amydeich Mouseketeer

Ok, so if I email my friend the design I want she should be able to cut the vinyl with her cricut? Just want to have my facts straight before I ask her! Thanks :)

5. mssong85

mssong85 Mouseketeer

If your friends has sure cuts a lot then probably. :0)

6. amydeich

amydeich Mouseketeer

Ok, thanks... I'll email her and find out if she can do it. Saw a few I liked on etsy, but was hoping to avoid paying shipping, higher prices, etc if someone local could do it for me!

7. mssong85

mssong85 Mouseketeer

Totally get it. If all else fails I might be able to help you.

8. amydeich

amydeich Mouseketeer

Thanks!! I'll be in touch if needed... still waiting on the DISigner over on the other forum to complete my request and make the rest of my designs.

9. pharmama

pharmama DIS Veteran

I made these with a Cricut, adhesive vinyl and the Make the Cut program. You will need some way to cut from a computer rather than cartridges (Sure Cuts Alot or Make the Cut. Not sure about the Cricut/Provo Craft Studio program). Got the metal bottles in bulk online from a promotional materials site (there are tons of them).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

10. mssong85

mssong85 Mouseketeer

Nice!!! The craft studio still limits you to what cartridges you have. Thanks for the tip on make the cut. I only new about sure cuts a lot. I do love sure cuts a lot, but I am glad there is options. I am doing bottles for MNSSHP soon!

11. amydeich

amydeich Mouseketeer

Those are great! My friend confirmed she can do the designs I have from the DISign board, so now I have to get the plain water bottles. Will try to post a pic when they're done!

12. morgansmom2000

morgansmom2000 DIS Veteran

I got these at Dollar Tree last year and we made them for party favors for my DD's 12th birthday party (Hunger Games themed).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used Sure Cuts a Lot and an older Cricut Expression, but now have a Cameo and the software it uses. They sell the adhesive vinyl at Joann's.

13. Mcbruns

Mcbruns DIS Veteran

What a neat idea.

14. pharmama

pharmama DIS Veteran

Thanks! As you might have guessed, I made them as FE gifts :)

15. mommie2angels

mommie2angels <font color=blue>Would you like to be in the pictu

These are WONDERFUL!!! Love them!!!

16. gumbyack454

gumbyack454 Earning My Ears

I like these! Great idea!

17. amydeich

amydeich Mouseketeer

Got my water bottles made!! And they are so cute! Not sure how to post the photo on here though...

18. simonharry1

simonharry1 Earning My Ears

Thanks a lot friends for sharing your useful tips and suggestions it would be very helpful for newbies like me.

19. mssong85

mssong85 Mouseketeer

The only way I know how to post photos is by making a Photobucket or snapfish account.

20. DREAM WAVES

DREAM WAVES Earning My Ears

How did you make the tags? Those are awesome too!