Personal Stoller vs. Rented Stroller

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by DisneyAggieMom, Apr 26, 2013.

1. DisneyAggieMom

DisneyAggieMom Earning My Ears

I have a sit and stand stroller that I use to take my boys (ages 1 and 3) around whenever we need a stroller. We are planning to take that stroller to Disney with us. However, after some reading, I am wondering if a rented stroller from Disney is worth the extra money since they look more comfy. (With our sit and stand, neither boy could recline to actually rest unless the other one wasn't in it.) Any thoughts?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Angel Ariel

Angel Ariel DIS Veteran

If you're looking for comfort, I wouldn't rent from Disney. They're hard plastic strollers and I don't believe they fully recline.

If you're interested in comfortable, full reclines, you might want to consider renting a City Mini or City Select double stroller from one of the offsite rental companies. Apple strollers is running a special right now where you only pay for insurance. I've used Kingdom Strollers in the past, and they were great. We're trying Apple in October.

4. kad517

kad517 Earning My Ears

I rented from Orlando Stroller Rentals and they are fantastic!!! Also city mini double and city mini double gt, excellent for my 5 and 6 year old, and they deliver and pick up!!

5. brockash

brockash DIS Veteran

This. Honestly, I think your 1 year old is probably going to be too young/small to even sit decent and comfortably in the rented ones from Disney. I'd look at renting a real double from a place down there, like Orlando strollers, of Kingdom strollers etc.

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc <font color=royalblue>We had a wonderful time, but

Bringing your own stroller means you have it at the airport, on the monorail, and in the resort. Bring you own :)

7. ScotsMinnie

ScotsMinnie DIS Veteran

Disney strollers are not comfy at all. They are hard plastic and don't recline.

8. travelgirl06

travelgirl06 DIS Veteran

This is what I keep going back to in my own stroller debate. I think we "have" to bring our Maclaren for the airport and DCL portion of our trip (DD will be 2, so a way to keep her 'contained' is important), but I'm still debating renting for the WDW portion....decisions, decisions

9. Sarah Millar01

Sarah Millar01 Mouseketeer

Yeah, definitely bring your own so you have it on hand all the time. Disney strollers are made of hard plastic n not very comfy!

10. Betty Rohrer

Betty Rohrer DIS Veteran

if flying one thing to remember is strollers have been damaged in the hold under the plane both gate checked and at the counter. can you afford to have a rental and then buy a new stroller for home when you get home. if you decide to rent I would look at offsite you you have to get back and forth from resort.

11. donnaf516

donnaf516 DIS Veteran

Our stroller was pretty much ruined by the airline. We rent from an off site rental company now. So convenient!

12. Julie711

Julie711 DIS Veteran

We have a sit n stand we use all the time at home and just used at DW in November. My kids at age of visit were 12 months & 5 yrs and it worked out fine. Oldest dd is out of napping stage so she would just sit and relax and ds would nap in the stroller with us reclining the seat back.
    We have been 4x with oldest and never had any issues with our stroller being damaged. It's nice to have your own for the airport and for the comfort of knowing its yours and clean! ( just my opinion)

13. Coconuts

Coconuts DIS Veteran

As others have said:

Disney strollers are plastic, uncomfortable, unreclinable?, and not for a 1yo.

Bringing your own means you have it at the airport, which helps when you are lugging carryons or backpacks or diaper bags, etc.

The Citi Mini rental from Orlando Stroller is a good option but you wouldn't have it at the airport.

We always brought our own.