Personal Alchol on board!

BlakeandMaddysMomma

Mouseketeer
Okay, we are doing our first DCL cruise on the fantasy and January and are all super excited. My first question is, how much alcohol are you aloud to take on board with you? Also, will we get away with taking a fan on board with us if it is still in the box, and if so, will there be a proper outlet in the room to plug it in?? Thanks for all of your answers!

Okay, we are doing our first DCL cruise on the fantasy and January and are all super excited. My first question is, how much alcohol are you aloud to take on board with you? Also, will we get away with taking a fan on board with us if it is still in the box, and if so, will there be a proper outlet in the room to plug it in?? Thanks for all of your answers!

As long as the alcohol fits in your carryon, you should be good to go. We always take a fan with us. The outlets are standard 110.

One thing I will tell you, if its anything other than beer or wine buy it on board..the tax free/duty free shop has MUCH better prices on the ship than you can get on land(or at least for me) a small bottle of liquor I bought and brought with me was the same price as a huge bottle at the Duty free shop on board..so if your looking for rum/cokes just bring the coke buy the rum on the ship!

One thing I will tell you, if its anything other than beer or wine buy it on board..the tax free/duty free shop has MUCH better prices on the ship than you can get on land(or at least for me) a small bottle of liquor I bought and brought with me was the same price as a huge bottle at the Duty free shop on board..so if your looking for rum/cokes just bring the coke buy the rum on the ship!

The only problem with this is they will not give you the alcohol until the last night. They hold it and it will be delivered to your room that last night. If you buy anything in port you can bring it back to your room and consume on the ship if you want.

If you buy the rum/alcohol on the ship from Duty Free, you will not get it until the last night of your cruise.

I just want to bring about 6 beers and 6 coolers, all can be cans, as long as you can get the Palm Bay coolers in cans in the US.

I just want to bring about 6 beers and 6 coolers, all can be cans, as long as you can get the Palm Bay coolers in cans in the US.

Don't know what a palm bay cooler is....we were able to fit a twelve pack of cans easily in our small roller bag with room to pack other stuff as well.

You can bring a LOT. As stated, it has to fit in a carry on... but you can bring on as many carry ons as possible. The reason I know that you can bring a LOT is because my husband and I toted both our own and our in-laws alcohol through the scanners. It was way more than we needed and I would have been soooo embarrassed if they made us get rid of it (for ppl to see how much and think it was just for us). I think we had 3-4 carry ons with us (because we had theirs as well) and they had 2 huge boxes of wine (like the kind that are 4 bottles each) plus a bottle of vodka.

We had a decent amount for us as well. So don't worry about volume! :rotfl2:

mammacaryn said:
Don't know what a palm bay cooler is....we were able to fit a twelve pack of cans easily in our small roller bag with room to pack other stuff as well.

Lol, maybe you can't get them in the US, I'm sure I can find an alternative!!! Lol!!

Ah! I guess I didn't know they wouldn't give it to you until the last night! No clue! I bought some the night before our cruise ended and they did deliver it but didn't know that was the stipulation...guess that makes sense so disregard my post! but they do have some good stuff on board for good prices!

We were on the 10/14 sailing of the Dream and walked on with a full case of wine, plus corkscrew. No one opened the case besides security to make sure the corkscrew was legal.
The only downside was hauling a case of wine to Cabanas and keeping it with us until our room was ready, but we had 3 families traveling together so we took turns.

Jerry

My last trip I had a case of beer and a bottle of captain morgan in my luggage and put a case of beer in my back pack to carry on.Pack yourself something because you will go broke putting charges on your room card.I tipped my room hostess to fill one of the sinks with ice and beer so when I returned back to the room it was filled all the time.
have a great trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter