1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Pepper market..

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by newfiegirl, Jun 17, 2013.

1. newfiegirl

newfiegirl Hello Mickey!

A few questions
    1. tipping...is this optional even if you are dining in or required? When do you leave tip, on table at the end of meal?
    2. We only do breakfast on our resort...what do you suggest for yummy food? We are all around non picky eaters.
    3. I usually tip more for dinner meals. If we stay during the dinner hour, can I increase my tip or is it a set fee.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ls3015

ls3015 Mouseketeer

I truly love the CS resort but I truly hate the Pepper Market, it is not owned by Disney, some other ringly company runs it. The food always has way to much spice for me trying to be mexican and they add the tip or gratuity to the bill at a set price, even if you don't fill one should be paid. OH, There are people who will keep your glass full and find you a table to set at, any other food court you can do that yourself. The price of the food offered is higher priced as well. Nope not a fan of the pepper market. :lmao::lmao::scared1:

4. Buddy18

Buddy18 Mouseketeer

The creme brulee french toast is awesome!

5. DisneyRunner2009

DisneyRunner2009 DIS Veteran

I don't like Pepper Market when paying OOP. It can be expensive. On the other hand, when on the dining plan, it's a good option. I agree I can seat myself and get my own drink refill. Some servers are not on top of drink refills. I too am confused on the tipping aspect. I've heard it's 10%.

6. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

We used to ask for our orders "to go" . At entrance they stamp your card to go. Then we get our food in to go containers, bagged and would eat outside by lake or take back to room. That also eliminated the need for a tip.

7. germ539

germ539 Goofy is my favorite

I have heard that it is owned by the same people that own the mexican restaurant in Epcot. I agree, that you shouldn't have to pay the tip if you don't want to but since it isn't owned by Disney, that's out the window.

8. SA mom

SA mom DIS Veteran

We did this, too. We loved the Pepper Market. When we were on the dining plan, we would choose a pastry for dessert and have it for breakfast the next morning. Those pastries were wonderful.

9. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

I must be one of the few that really liked it. The service from the waitstaff was so friendly, it was well worth the tip. We were a large group, and they really took care of us.

Breakfast was good (except I thought the Mickey waffle was a bit dry, but maybe that is how it's supposed to by). Pancakes, French toast, eggs etc. all good.

Dinner was great, I loved the Beef Burrito!!!

It does take some time to get used to, because you get the table, place your drink order, then all head to pick out your meal. My Sister always had to stay back with the little ones (2 toddlers) just to make it easier, so her husband would order, take to table, goback and order another, take to table.

So if you have small kids just check out the menu they give you and pick out what you want the other adult to order for you.

Enjoy

10. Buddy18

Buddy18 Mouseketeer

I'm with you, I love the place.

11. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

We did that a lot too! Not to avoid the tip, but because we liked to take our food back to our room.

I'm not sure why so many people knock the food there, my whole family really likes it! The nachos were very good, as were the chicken quesadillas.

Now I'm hungry.