people who bring their dogs in stores with them-RANT!

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by gibsontrio, Apr 11, 2008.

1. gibsontrio

gibsontrio DIS Veteran

I was in target today and this grown woman had her little dog in the baby seat of the cart, not one employee said anything to her!!! I watched her dog lick the handle and the cashier just thought it was the cutest thing. I was to mad to confront manager at that point, nevermind the woman so I went home an called immediately. I mean i'm a dog lover myself, but if I brought my 50lb husky through those doors i'd be kicked out right away. Children sit in those seats, children who could have severe allergies. Am I crazy to think this way. I know its the "cool" thing to do now, but until your dog can pee in a toilet please leave them out of the stores!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. HerdOHuds

HerdOHuds <font color=red>Minnie is really just Mickey, but

:scared1:

Really? A dog in a baby seat? I think I would be so flabbergasted that I wouldn't think to complain for days!

eeeew! I do love dogs as well, but that really seems to cross the line.:eek:

4. Stephres

Stephres Likes Disney and Scrapbooking<br><font color=deepp

My husband works in a drugstore and complains about this all the time. All the sick/allergic people trying to get their medicine and little old ladies bring their dogs into the store. I'm glad you complained, maybe next time they will say something to her: that is ridiculous!

5. _queenie_

_queenie_ Disney: Where dreams become reality, if you have t

I see this way too much! :rolleyes:
    When I was in Ralph Lauren a few months ago someone just had to bring their Bichon Frise in with them on a leash. Of course they couldn't even stand at the door, the guy had to walk around the store and look while his wife was in the dressing room. He was completely oblivious to the disruption the dog was making, at one rack it had to start drooling all over the clothes, I don't know why I didn't say anything. Besides the fact that dogs are known to make a mess, but like you all have said, do these people get that someone may be allergic to them? :confused3

6. gibsontrio

gibsontrio DIS Veteran

It's sad , but I dont think they care :(

7. alloyd1170

alloyd1170 DIS Veteran

Granted, this happened in PetSmart where you can bring in your pets, but still freaked me out a bit. A lady checking out in front of me had several huge bags of dog food in her cart. Nothing unusual. Then I did a double take-sitting on a blanket where a child would sit was a huge iguana! It looked so fake, until it moved and that really freaked me out! I don't mind lizzards, it was just a shock to see such an unsual pet out and about!

8. scrapnmom

scrapnmom Mouseketeer

:scared1: I have never seen a pet dog in a store before! I can't believe someone would actually do this!

9. 5 for WDW

5 for WDW DIS Veteran

I live out here in "The Hamptons". You see dogs in stores everywhere.:sad2: They are a must have accessory here.

I have two dogs that I just adore but, they do not go in stores with me!

10. melancholywings

melancholywings <font color=royalblue>How do you prepare for a ban

I see those toy breeds in stores all the time and it drives me crazy. Unless it's a service animal it doesn't belong in the store.
    When I worked at Denny's we had one woman bring a toy sized terrier in and insist that we allow the dog ON the table because she claimed he was a service dog. She didn't have any paperwork and when asked what the dog did she said he helped keep her clean by licking up the crumbs.:headache:

11. SharpMomOfTwo

SharpMomOfTwo DIS Veteran

My favorite - we were out at a local beach town this past summer, and saw a woman pushing her dog in A BABY CARRAGE!!! I mean, please! I love dogs - I love all animals, but give me a break! The darn thing couldn't walk!??!

12. design_mom

design_mom <font color=royalblue>I am probably more like my d

Strange as it sounds, it might not be against store policy to bring your dog in. (Maybe that's why the manager/cashier didn't say anything.) There was an article in our local paper last summer about all the places that were "dog friendly" and it included almost all the shopping malls and several outdoor restaurants. I was shocked.

Up until that article ran, I'd never seen a dog at the mall (except for service dogs), but I recently saw one there -- and it relieved itself right in the middle of the mall -- and the owners just walked away. Grrrr. I also saw a lady with a huge St. Bernard at the mall, but that dog was the best behaved dog I've ever seen.

I don't mind dogs in stores as long as they are well-behaved and their owners take care of them.

13. wowsmom

wowsmom DIS Veteran

I've had a couple of times I went to do my banking and this man came in with 2 small dogs on leashes...which he promptly let go of as he walked in the door, allowing the dogs to run around the bank.

The first time it happened, my 2 kids were with me and the one of them is terrified of dogs (especially small ones, for some reason) and he was trying to hide behind me (kind of hard since he is bigger than me!).

The next time it happened, I was alone and the dog came over and stuck his nose on my leg. :scared: :sad2:

I see dogs in stores all the time...and I've seen them in restaurants - not service dogs, but toy dogs or lap dogs, or in one case, coat dogs (tucked in the owner's coat).:sad2: I don't like it!

14. juliana_sd

juliana_sd DIS Veteran

I saw one in Trader Joe's the other day! I don't know why people think it's ok. Where I live all the malls are outdoors so I'm not as weirded out by it there, but at the grocery store or Target? um, ok. As long as it matches your bag :laughing:

15. SunKat

SunKat <font color=blue>My Mom made me wear those Wonder

I was in our neighborhood deli the other day when a woman walked in with her dog. It wasn't one of those tiny dogs in a carrier, it was a bit bigger and on a long leash. People were almost tripping over the leash - it was so annoying. Who brings their dog to a deli, where food is being prepared and served? Ewww! What about people who are allergic to dogs? The people who do this think it's cute, I guess. I wonder how cute they'd think it would be if I brought my 130 pound labrador into a store. :lmao:

16. RIDisneyFan

RIDisneyFan Mouseketeer

My DH works at Target and he has told people they can't bring dogs in the store; they've had several people bring in the little "toy" size dogs. And he says the people get all upset when he tells them they have to take the dog out of the store. But his store has a firm policy on this and will make the people take their dogs out.

17. JerseyMamaBear

JerseyMamaBear DIS Veteran

18. Aliceacc

Aliceacc DIS Veteran

I've seen them in Petsmart a number of times; I'm pretty sure that it's allowed there.

Still, they belong on all fours, not in a baby seat. The next tongue to lick that same cart probably belonged to a child. Ick!!!

19. gibsontrio

gibsontrio DIS Veteran

I was super nice when I called the manager and corporate office. I did start off asking what their pet policy was ( somewhat to humor myself) I totally to the manager by surprise, but she did say it was a firm no on the pets. I see people pushing their dogs in those baby carts ALL the time.. sorry , but to me its weird..lol

20. DisneyBrat

DisneyBrat DIS Veteran

My aunt takes the prize with her bringing the dog everywhere UGGGHHH She has a carrying case and took her dog inside of Wendy's!!!! She said that she sat the case under the table while she ate... I was like WOW and no one said anything? A zillion health inspection laws must have been broken and I can't believe my aunt would be so brass to even try it but thats my auntie LOL

21. 1stluvispooh

1stluvispooh <font color=blue>Go straight and never ever stop<b

This by far is my biggest pet peeve. I HATE dog people. I don't mind dogs but I can't stand the people who think that everyone should love and adore there dog like they do so they take it everywhere. PLEASE IT'S A DOG NOT A PERSON!!!!! I had a friend who when she hit the empty nest stage got a Papion and carried it everywhere!! :scared1: She even brought it to my house unannounced when she came to visit for 3 days. Then couldn't understand why I was upset. I haven't mentioned that at the time I had 2 cats and a child with autism. She couldn't understand why my DD with Autism was sooooo wound up? Lets just say we had a long talk about it and then before she came the next time I sent and e-mail. She finally got the idea and hasn't brought the dog again.