Penguins?

coinkc

<font color=red>You can find some hot dates at Six
So my daughter is obsessed with penguins. I can't seem to figure out what the penguin exhibit is like at Seaworld...is it just a ride through experience? Or I read something about a "penguin cam"?

Is there a place to actually get to stand and watch the penguins? (like at our zoo they have a viewing area that looks into the penguin habitat).

We did the penguin encounter tour many years ago but there wasn't a penguin "ride" then.

Thanks for any help you can send my way!

There are two basic components to Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin. The first is the ride portion (you can select "mild" or "wild", the latter which involves a harsher, more jerky spinning motion than the smoother mild side) where you sit in a car in two rows that glides on the "ice". The ride portion takes you through the animated life of a little penguin named Puck from his birth to adulthood.

After the ride, you exit into the penguin exhibit where you can see the real live penguins swimming and frolicking about. This area is VERY chilly, but you can spend as long in there as you like. When we were there in August 2014, they had park photographers taking pictures in there, including some magic shots (where you "hold" a penguin).

Thank you for the information! So you have to ride the "ride" to get to the viewing area?

Thank you for the information! So you have to ride the "ride" to get to the viewing area?
Yes, you do. They have two "styles" to choose from. A mild ride and a more active ride. My son was to little to ride the active one so I had to take him on the mild version. It was still worth it. We took jackets and long pants for the kids so they wouldn't be so cold. It was AMAZING!! When you come around the corner and see the live penguins, it gives you goosebumps. Of course, I love penguins so maybe your experience would be different. I definetely recommend you taking the times to see the penguins.

Not necessarily. DS and I went and rode kraken again the morning before we left home. While we were riding, my mom took other DS to see the Penguins because he really liked it. They asked if they could just go in to see the Penguins because they had ridden before.

Ride the ride!!!! If she is obsessed, the reveal will be magical - mild or wild. Totally agree with pp, it is magical and breathtaking. If it wasn't so cold, I could watch them all day!!!

We have visited SW twice in the last year. Both times the Penguin ride has shut down. Long wait times! If she loves penguins....see if you can slip in a back door! The live penguin reveal is the best part of the ride! Let's just say the ride is not up to par with Disney or Universal.....the wild ride....not very! One thing we did at SW this year that we have never done was Turtle Trek. It's a 360 3D move from the turtles point of view. I really liked it.

To say it is very chilly or cold, is an understatement. You really want to stay, but feel like you are getting frostbite after 60 seconds. That is why there are no limits to stay by the penguins...nobody can stand to stay long!!!
No matter how hot you are beforehand, and think it will feel good...that's wrong! It is FREEZING, FREAKING COLD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter