Pending but can't go now..

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by mhuggy, Apr 11, 2011.

  1. mhuggy

    mhuggy Earning My Ears

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2011
    Messages:
    17
    I'm currently pending for Fall Advantage '11. However someone in my family has recently taken seriously ill and I'm now not sure leaving here within the next couple months is such a good idea. Should I contact the program now and let them know I can't do it this season or should I just wait to see if I even get in in the first place?
     
  2. Avatar

    Google AdSense Guest Advertisement


    to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyLuver02391

    DisneyLuver02391 Earning My Ears

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2010
    Messages:
    46
    That's a tough situation. I'm so sorry that you are going through this trying time and I hope everything works out for everyone.

    But when it comes to the CP, if you are pending, I would say wait it out and when you hear back, make the call then. If things aren't getting better within the next few months, you can always decline later. I did that last time I was offered a role and was accepted almost immediately the second time around due to a similar situation.

    Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck and you and your family will be in my thoughts. If you need to talk or have any questions, feel free to PM me.
     
  4. ladypage

    ladypage <font color=royalblue>And that's how the story abo

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2011
    Messages:
    842
    I think you should withdraw personally. If you know you won't be going, and they decide to keep you pended until the very last day possible, but end up accepting you, you'll essentially be taking a spot they could have offered to someone else. Obviously if you're not certain you won't go, I would wait it out, but if you know for sure, it seems the right thing to do. :confused3
     
  5. mhuggy

    mhuggy Earning My Ears

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2011
    Messages:
    17
    Thanks for your help and kind words guys. :)
     
  6. hotblooded

    hotblooded Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2010
    Messages:
    208
    I'm sorry someone in your family is ill. The same thing happened with me for Spring '11. As others have said before me, there's no harm in withdrawing your application now if you're sure you won't be able to go. Good luck!
     

Share This Page