Pending but can't go now..

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by mhuggy, Apr 11, 2011.

1. mhuggy

mhuggy Earning My Ears

I'm currently pending for Fall Advantage '11. However someone in my family has recently taken seriously ill and I'm now not sure leaving here within the next couple months is such a good idea. Should I contact the program now and let them know I can't do it this season or should I just wait to see if I even get in in the first place?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyLuver02391

DisneyLuver02391 Earning My Ears

That's a tough situation. I'm so sorry that you are going through this trying time and I hope everything works out for everyone.

But when it comes to the CP, if you are pending, I would say wait it out and when you hear back, make the call then. If things aren't getting better within the next few months, you can always decline later. I did that last time I was offered a role and was accepted almost immediately the second time around due to a similar situation.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck and you and your family will be in my thoughts. If you need to talk or have any questions, feel free to PM me.

4. ladypage

ladypage <font color=royalblue>And that's how the story abo

I think you should withdraw personally. If you know you won't be going, and they decide to keep you pended until the very last day possible, but end up accepting you, you'll essentially be taking a spot they could have offered to someone else. Obviously if you're not certain you won't go, I would wait it out, but if you know for sure, it seems the right thing to do. :confused3

5. mhuggy

mhuggy Earning My Ears

Thanks for your help and kind words guys. :)

6. hotblooded

hotblooded Mouseketeer

I'm sorry someone in your family is ill. The same thing happened with me for Spring '11. As others have said before me, there's no harm in withdrawing your application now if you're sure you won't be able to go. Good luck!