Peabody Duck Walk - anyone here been?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by HermanTriplets+1, Dec 14, 2012.

1. HermanTriplets+1

HermanTriplets+1 DIS Veteran

Just found out about this today and it sounds too cute!

http://www.peabodyorlando.com/peabody-ducks/

At the Peabody Hotel on International Drive, the ducks are marched out of their own elevator (from their penthouse) and spend the day in their own fountain. Has anyone seen this? Any comments on this hotel as a place to stay when visiting Orlando (adult only stay)?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. shalom

shalom DIS Veteran

4. meajuly5

meajuly5 DIS Veteran

Seen it in Memphis. Cute!

5. Tinkerboy00

Tinkerboy00 DIS Veteran

Ive seen it. So cute. We booked brunch at one of the hotel restaurants around the ducks coming out so we got to see them before being seated for our reservation.

Its seriously the cutest thing! Especially if there are babies, cause they kind of wander off a little.

6. HermanTriplets+1

HermanTriplets+1 DIS Veteran

It does look SERIOUSLY CUTE! Thanks for the link, "Shalom"!:thumbsup2

7. aubreysmom09

aubreysmom09 Mouseketeer

I've never watched them at the one in Orlando, but when I was stationed in Memphis I would just stop by and watch. If I missed it I would go up and talk to the ducks. Those ducks are very spoiled.

8. 4kids4karen

4kids4karen DIS Veteran

Yes, seen it in Orlando. The kids love it.

9. Shea&Van

Shea&Van &Waves

Yes. We saw it either in Little Rock or Memphis.

I was on a business trip and my daughter and my mother went with me. She was about 2.5 and was totally mesmerized by the ducks. It was really something to watch them do the little parade.

I got such a thrill watching her clap and chatter to them. Def a great memory!

You will enjoy it.

And the chain is very nice. We've stayed at severl of their resorts (although not the one in Orlando) and have always been very happy. Very classy hotel and great customer service IMO.

Have a great time!

10. #1hoosierfan

#1hoosierfan DIS Veteran

I saw it in Memphis. very cute!

11. mikkiwikki

mikkiwikki DIS Veteran

12. tinkerbell313

tinkerbell313 DIS Veteran

I just saw the Peabody duck walk the week after ThAnksgiving. I was at the Peabody for a conference.

The ducks comedown from their penthouse everyday at 11am. They have their own private elevator. It's so funny to watch them come out of the elevator as they make a beeline on the red carpet for the fountain. The reason they are so quick coming out of the elevator is because they only get lettuce and some duck feed upstairs in their penthouse. Down in the fountain, they get duck feed, dog food (protein) and meal worms. Apparently they love the meal worms.

They go back to their pent house at 5 pm every night, They waddle on the red carpet back to their elevator.

The pent house is on the recreation level of the hotel. It's really neat to see it at night. The inside is made of Italian marble and cost $150,000.

What a great story and a great tradition.

13. Beth D

Beth D DIS Veteran

We went to the Orlando one when my son was 3 to watch their 5 PM return. We were there early, just waiting around the lobby for the show to start. A fellow from the hotel came up, and asked how old my son was, and if he'd like to be the honorary duck master. We said sure!

Each day for the walk, they choose a duck master to ceremonially help with the walk to and from the elevator. Most of the time they are planned ahead, but the person for this day fell through, and they needed someone to help.

He got to help hold the pole, guide the ducks, and we all got to ride the elevator back up to their lodge. He also got to see their enclosure and help feed them. Afterwards, he got a certificate, a rubber duck and some other goodies.

He's 7 now, but still remembers it! They keep a log of everyone who does it. Oprah, Queen Elizabeth, and some presidents have also been the duck master for a day.

It's a great tradition that you definitely want to see at least once!:thumbsup2

14. deserrai

deserrai DIS Veteran

We stayed at the one in Orlando a few years ago. The ducks are very cute and the hotel is nice. I would recommend it.

15. penlanspice

penlanspice Addicted 2 disney

We stayed here last year and it really is worth seeing, you can go up to the roof to see them in their "hotel" if they aren't in the lobby.

Totally off topic but they have some of the best red velvet cake i've ever had here.