PCC 5.0 dates...looking ahead

I hope dates are announced soon.
PCC 5 is my first choice for a 2014 cruise. But I've been seriously looking at the EB Panama Canal in Sep 2014. Or taking DD and her roomie on a 4-5 day [and leaving DH at home ;)].

Since the planning on PCC 5.0 doesn't sound like it's going to take shape until after the big December party is done (or at least well into planning), I'm wondering what we do with our dummy date cruise. It's currently scheduled for 12/4/13 on the Magic, and we have the payoff deadline in September. We wanted to use the dummy date for PCC 5.0, but I'm not sure if we can move a dummy date out again or what we should do... Anyone else having a similar dummy date problem? :confused: What are you planning to do with yours?

I hope it's not in December...

That puts me out of going, since my boss told me no more December vacations after the last cruise. :(

If that happens, it will be the first podcast cruise I'll miss. I'm bummed.

Since the planning on PCC 5.0 doesn't sound like it's going to take shape until after the big December party is done (or at least well into planning), I'm wondering what we do with our dummy date cruise. It's currently scheduled for 12/4/13 on the Magic, and we have the payoff deadline in September. We wanted to use the dummy date for PCC 5.0, but I'm not sure if we can move a dummy date out again or what we should do... Anyone else having a similar dummy date problem? :confused: What are you planning to do with yours?

Exactly. What to do with dummy date.... And we usually have to reserve over a year out to get HC room for DS.

There is no imminent announcement of PCC 5.0.

If you have booked a dummy date, you can ask your agent to move it to a future dummy date without penalty.

I'm not teasing or being coy...just letting you know.

If you have booked a dummy date, you can ask your agent to move it to a future dummy date without penalty.

Thanks, Kevin. :) Good to know we can move it to another dummy date and wait for the plans to solidify later.

Thanks Kevin. :thumbsup2

Oh, BTW, the vaho bag from PCC 4 is perfect for when I travel to conferences. Thx.

I also had a Dec. 2013 dummy booking that I moved to Dec. 2014. I'm pretty sure I won't book anything until 2015 cruises are released, at the earliest.

I enjoyed getting to know some of you on PCC 4.0, but next time I want to be part of the offical Podcast group, not just the cabin crawl.

How is it usually announced?

How is it usually announced?

Just stay tuned to this thread! I'm guessing the first mention of a PCC 5.0 will come on one of the podcasts followed very quickly by lots of activity on this board.

Did Pete drop a hint about the date of podcast 5.0 on the new england meet podcast. He said he would love to do it around his birthday in dec 6.

does that mean next year or the year after.

I really hope it's later. I don't think I can convince DH to go this time, and DD can't go until the following week. And taking care of DS on my own will make it ... well.... not a vacation.

It will not be in 2013.

We have already started planning Disapalooza 2013..

Our past history has been party / cruise / party / cruise.

This should give you an idea of what's in the works!!!

Maybe December 2014? Disney Fantasy departs on Eastern Caribbean itinerary Dec 6, 2014.

It will not be in 2013.

We have already started planning Disapalooza 2013..

Our past history has been party / cruise / party / cruise.

This should give you an idea of what's in the works!!!

A Cruise Party of course!

I just listened to the 7/9/2013 show and John gave an update on the podcast cruise 5.0!!! He said that he and Pete were focusing on early December 2014. I believe he also said that Disney no longer does group rates, so the price on the website would be the price for the cruise. Perhaps someone could give more info on that part?

On the show, John said that Pete wants to do a 7 night, and insists that as many people as possible can go. Without having to worry about group pricing, this probably wont be a concern.

So looking at the Disney website for early December...

Fantasy 7 Night Eastern December 6th
Magic 7 Night Western December 7th
Fantasy 7 Night Eastern December 13th
Magic 7 Night Western December 14th

Any of these 4 dates seem like a good possibility. The Fantasy Cruise is a good possibility. I remember Pete saying on the Podcast Cruise 4.0 show, that next time he would like to do an Eastern. But then again, with the Magic going in for a refurb later this year, I could see this being a good choice as well.

I'm thrilled with the timing of this cruise. I've been waiting for this good news! I can't wait to hear the official announcement!:cool1:

Pete has said that he would love to have his 50th birthday (12/6) happen during PCC 5.0.

Yes I remember him saying that and I am headed on a cruise next week so booking the eastern for dec 6 next year in anticipation

Yes I remember him saying that and I am headed on a cruise next week so booking the eastern for dec 6 next year in anticipation

Enjoy the cruise Mark and Susan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!