PC Terminal Change for Wish Nov 11, 2024 - June 2, 2025

So what does this mean? Will we not be in the DCL terminal?
If you are on either the Nov 10 or Dec 30 Wish Cruise, your cruise will start at the DCL Terminal, BUT will not end at the DCL terminal.
If you sail on the Wish between Nov 15 (2024) and Jun 2 (2025) except for 12/30, your cruise will not start or end at the DCL terminal.

As with everything, dates and terminals are subject to change. If you driving yourself to the terminal or arranging private transportation, you should verify the departure/arrival terminal closer to sail date.

Does it mean that the terminal will be sub-par? I assume it would be something not used by another cruise line - longer security waits, etc.

Thinking might be easier to just go in September or another time since we have a routine down.

If it helps put anyone's mind at ease, I have sailed out of Disney's terminal at Port Canaveral many times. I have also sailed Disney out of New York, CA, and Miami. All cruises were absolutely magical. The terminal had no bearing on our enjoyment at all. Maybe I'm just so excited to get on the ship, I don't care enough about the terminal.

Does it mean that the terminal will be sub-par? I assume it would be something not used by another cruise line - longer security waits, etc.

Thinking might be easier to just go in September or another time since we have a routine down.

It reminds me of a train station. You should still have Disney employees directing you. And the procedure is pretty standard for boarding.

MSC and Norwegian are the principal users of this terminal.
I
IMG_7148.jpeg

I have 32 cruises under my belt from various locations. None has ruined my cruise. When I step foot on the ship, I am on vacation.

I understand the Disney Bubble. For some, it is part of the experience.

I’m hearing the main reason for the adjustment is Terminal 8 can’t support 3 ships worth of parking when Treasure/Wish and Fantasy all berth in Canaveral and it’s just easier to move one whole group than potentially have a bunch of cars 3-4x a week parked elsewhere and people trying to get there early enough to park vs their PAT

I’m hearing the main reason for the adjustment is Terminal 8 can’t support 3 ships worth of parking when Treasure/Wish and Fantasy all berth in Canaveral and it’s just easier to move one whole group than potentially have a bunch of cars 3-4x a week parked elsewhere and people trying to get there early enough to park vs their PAT
Parking has nothing to do with it.

It's all because the Wish's 3/4 rotation on Mondays and Fridays conflicts with the Fantasy's 5/5/4 rotation on every other Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday in that both ships are in port together on alternating Fridays. This was always the plan, so Disney's contract with Port Canaveral says that one of the ships/rotations will be accommodated at terminal 10. The port has chosen to put the 3/4 rotation there because it keeps every Saturday and Sunday available for Norwegian and MSC, respectively.

Curiously, how does this affect parking? If you park at one terminal but return at another, that seems an issue. I don't know the larger layout, but it would be a pain to have to sit around and wait for a shuttle to get back to your car.

Curiously, how does this affect parking? If you park at one terminal but return at another, that seems an issue. I don't know the larger layout, but it would be a pain to have to sit around and wait for a shuttle to get back to your car.
Yes, that would be annoying. The two terminals are very close to each other and you probably could walk from one to the other. Perhaps the driver could go to the terminal you parked at and then drive over to the arrival terminal to pick up the whole party and bags?

Last time I was at Port Canaveral (December 2023) we would have spent all of 30 minutes at the Terminal from luggage drop off, check in, security and boarding if we didn't have to wait for my wife returning from dropping off the rental car.

Personally, I wouldn't put any weight into which terminal we were using.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter