PBH Deluxe Queen Question

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by k&a&c'smom, Apr 21, 2013.

1. k&a&c'smom

k&a&c'smom DIS Veteran

We are due to check in to PBH this Thursday, so I called the resort this morning to make sure my requests were noted on the res. My request was for a West wing, with bay view and/or balcony.

Chatted with a nice TM who said they did have my requests, but I would likely have to choose between West wing bay view and the deluxe queen - I said I thought there were a couple in that area, and he said they were attached to suites and therefore usually occupied. I told him we want the deluxe queen, so we would give up the other requests if necessary and hoped to be as close to the boat dock as possible. He said he made some extra notations on the res.

Should I call back and add another location request? What would be the best location? I thought about asking him if they would consider upgrading us to the villa suite, but figured that was not likely.:) **We are already upgraded to deluxe queen from garden view due to gold status. I assume the possible $50 suite upgrade at check in is to Portofino Suite?**

Thanks for any advice, everyone here is always so helpful!:goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. damo

damo Proud Redhead

We stayed in a deluxe room that was a in the villa wing but very close to the bay. It worked very well. It was actually a pool view but it was a pool view from the side. I think as long as you asked for a deluxe room as close to the boat as possible, that is about the best you can do.

4. k&a&c'smom

k&a&c'smom DIS Veteran

Thanks, damo, good to know!:goodvibes I'll post about our room and trip in general. Can't wait! (off topic for a moment - we were hoping for Transformers soft openings, but hope is waning, lol)

5. damo

damo Proud Redhead

The latest rumour I have heard for soft openings is mid May.

6. Bluer101

Bluer101 Waiting till vacation comes, oh that's next week!

That's what I'm hearing too. I think they are still
    planing grand opening around 4 th of July week.