1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

PayPal dollars account

Discussion in 'UK DVC Discussion' started by Minniesgal, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Minniesgal

Minniesgal DIS Veteran

If I rent some points and get a dollars PayPal account is it possible to use this to pay DVC loan payments or dues or do I have to convert it into pounds?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wilma-bride

wilma-bride <<This space intentionally blank>> Moderator

I don't think you can pay your maintenance fees by Paypal :confused3 Not sure about loan fees although I wouldn't have thought so - aren't they normally taken by Direct Debit?

4. Minniesgal

Minniesgal DIS Veteran

yes but i wondered if i could use any rental income to over pay it.

5. wilma-bride

wilma-bride <<This space intentionally blank>> Moderator

I honestly don't know how you would do it :confused3

It is my understanding that a Paypal account normally has a card linked and, when you pay something by Paypal, it is debited from your Paypal account or your card. It would really depend whether your loan company would accept payments by Paypal, which I can't see happening.

Why not either open a $$ bank account (perhaps while you are in Orlando in August) or transfer your Paypal funds into your bank account, then overpay your loan that way.

6. crabbie1

crabbie1 DIS Veteran

Just looked into this as here at the moment.To pay the dues monthly u wld need to open a US bank account. Not paypal. Though u can transfer from paypal to ur US bank account.
    I cld not open one as only had my passport and driving license card. They needed a bill.
    Never mind.