Paying off room charges with gift cards

Kkb0517

Mouseketeer
I know you can use gift cards to pay off room charges, but I wanted to see if anyone knew if you can just wait till the end of your stay to pay with the gift card before you check out or if they charge your card throughout your stay? Does anyone know at what amount they charge your card if they do charge it throughout the stay? Thanks!

They charge you for the remainder of reservation balance upon check in. Not at the end. Only thing youd get charge for at the end is incidental (using the phone) or for things you charged to your room.

There is a limit to what you can spend before you have to pay but I can't recall what that is. Up to that limit though you can just keep spending and when you reach it they will deduct it from your credit card. So if you want to use a gift card go and use it before the deduction is done for you!

Sorry that's what I meant what you charge to the room like food and stuff.

I have ask every time I stay and they give me an answer so I go down early to pay because I have all these gift cards so I don't want it going thru to my bank account, and every time I go to pay, they have already ran it thru. It's very frustrating, I never find a rhyme or reason, just check thru out the week or go ahead and pay early in ur stay and they pay again before you leave. First they told me a $ amount so I kept up with it, so I go to pay and they have already ran it thru my bank because it had been so many days into my stay, anyway, just keep an eye on it. It's a vey convienent perk, but I always have trouble with it.

I did this last week during my stay. I used up the last gift card the night before we left and got an email in the wee hours of the morning that my card had been charged the remaining balance.

When I made the first payment a couple of days into my stay they automatically charged the remaining balance to my card but reversed it immediately when I said I had more gift cards to use up and would make more payments throughout the week.

Charges were put through on my credit card in October when I wasn't expecting it. The front desk reversed the charges and took my gift cards instead.

Planning to do the same, gift cards are stacking up as we speak. I think I will try to do it daily to make sure I dont get additional charges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter