Paying for room charges on KTTW card?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by dreamalittledream, Feb 17, 2008.

1. dreamalittledream

dreamalittledream DIS Veteran

I used to collect Disney Dollars to pay for things on our trips. I can get the gift cards at church and I have been getting those. I thought it might be easier to charge things to our room KTTW card and then use the gift cards to pay the bill before we check out. I would still give them a CC to hold but I would like to aviod them actually charging it.

Can I do that? :confused3

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. raven69david

raven69david I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

Yes. You give them your card at check-in. On the date of check-out, you will need to go to the front desk and tell them you'd like to settle your bill with gift cards. As long as the gift cards have a Visa, Mastercard, AMEX logo on them, it will be no problem.

Your credit card will not be charged as long as you visit the front desk prior to your scheduled check-out time.

4. dreamalittledream

dreamalittledream DIS Veteran

Thanks, I just looked at the gift card and they have a website for it. WOW!
    http://disney.go.com/disneygiftcard/use.html#wdw_details

It looks like I can do what I was hoping to do. It also seems like I can pay for the room as well with them. I have a room only ressie so I don't have to pay in advance.

I get credit for tuition by buying the cards at church so I was hoping to be able to buy a few each month and save for the trip that way.

5. jey

jey Mouseketeer

We used our Disney Gift Cards to pay for KTTW card charges during our stay Jan. 26- Feb. 2. I went down the night before we left and paid the charges. It worked out great for us.