Paying balance with gift cards??

amy-momofthree

DIS Veteran
My trip payoff is fast approaching and I have a stack of Disney gift cards to use (22 to be exact). I am nervous because I keep hearing the groan(in my head) when I tell the CM my payment method. Has anyone ever done this? Any tricks? Do you get the balance each time you apply a gift card to make sure they all went through? Can I pay online using gift cards??

I would have paid a few gift cards a week until the balance was due
but didn't want to be on hold for 15 minutes each time.

What's your method?

Thanks!!!:)

My trip payoff is fast approaching and I have a stack of Disney gift cards to use (22 to be exact). I am nervous because I keep hearing the groan(in my head) when I tell the CM my payment method. Has anyone ever done this? Any tricks? Do you get the balance each time you apply a gift card to make sure they all went through? Can I pay online using gift cards??

I would have paid a few gift cards a week until the balance was due
but didn't want to be on hold for 15 minutes each time.

What's your method?

Thanks!!!:)

When we've used gift cards, they have told us the balance of the gift card as it's gone through (what it was worth). Then they'll tell you how much is left to pay. Since you have 22 GC's (do you hoard them or something?? Cause that's what WE do!! :lmao: :thumbsup2 :banana:), it'll take a little while.... but if you tell the CM that upfront that you have that many, they should be ok with processing your payment. OR, what I would do because I like calling Disney :laughing: is give them a call today to ask what they prefer you do. It might be as easy as sending a specific person an email with all of your GC#'s. But I'd call and check what they prefer.

You'll be fine. If you get a castmember whose "Disney Magic" is a little worn at the edges, just call back and get another one.

I used 18 gift cards to pay our trip. I couldn't do it online so I called. I had a great cm. I told him first thing that I had 18 gift cards and he just kinda laughed and said wow. Not a problem at all for me. Went very smooth.

you can start to do it online if you didn't want to do it over the phone. I just paid a chuck of our balance with 6 giftcards on the website. It was pretty easy, just put in the gift card amount and the number and it comes off.

I was wondering about this, too, I have about 16 gift cards to pay for our October trip. It is fast to just pay it off at check in? They can just swipe them there, right?

I did read that if you pre-pay with gift cards, to save the used gift cards until after your trip? Something about if you have to cancel the trip, they put the $$ back onto the same gift cards? I thought I read some people had applied the GC to their hotel bill before the trip, then chucked the GC, then had to cancel the trip, and had a problem getting a refund??

I paid with 18 of them a few weeks ago. The CM was very nice about it and it didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. She actually was aware of various deals for gift cards that is resulting in many people paying trips off with multiple cards. She asked me what I had gotten (I got mine at sam's with the extra disney store cards) She told me there was a gas station deal that was popular too, but she wasn't sure what it was.
Don't worry about it! Like others have said, just tell them first that you have a bunch of gift cards to pay the balance and if they aren't magical, do a few and just call back!:tink:

When we've used gift cards, they have told us the balance of the gift card as it's gone through (what it was worth). Then they'll tell you how much is left to pay. Since you have 22 GC's (do you hoard them or something?? Cause that's what WE do!! :lmao: :thumbsup2 :banana:), it'll take a little while.... but if you tell the CM that upfront that you have that many, they should be ok with processing your payment. OR, what I would do because I like calling Disney :laughing: is give them a call today to ask what they prefer you do. It might be as easy as sending a specific person an email with all of your GC#'s. But I'd call and check what they prefer.

lol! Yes, hoarding them I guess. I have been collecting them since January (the week after we came back from our VERY first trip:)) I just knew we had to go back!

I have been picking up a few with groceries and doing some rewards sites that pay in gift cards :thumbsup2

My pay-off date is approaching also, and I have 6 gift cards. I have been doing them online 1 per day when I feel like doing it. After each time, I have received an email showing my payment amount, date and the remaining balance.

I booked a vacation package online Sunday....I had no problems using 5 Giftcards online....:)

One other option that I've used before is to take all the gift cards to the Disney Store. I've used the many smaller cards to buy one large gift card. Then I call Disney with that GC number. I hang on to that card until the trip is over, that way if we'd have to cancel (which hasn't happened), I'd be able to get the full amount on one card.

THIS MAY HAVE CHANGED. I was just having a discussion in another thread that said the store policy had changed earlier this year. If there is a store near you, I'd call first to ask.

I had no problem just a few weeks ago using my 12 to pay off my balance. It got a super nice CM who was happy to do it. He totally didn't mind. I did tell him up from how many gift cards I had just to warn him.

Holy crap! I thought I was the only one who does this! I have been saving up giftcards for a trip in October (meeting friends there, they are letting me stay in their suite for free) to pay for the ticket to the parks. I'm comforted to know other people do this!

Our trip is comming up and we decided we were going to see about getting the deal at Sams for the GCs to pay off balance and have some spending money too. I called the 3 Sams closest to me and 2 said they didnt sell Disney gift cards and 1 said they had them but didnt have or know of any deal to get the $10 extra with $100 card. How do I know what stores have it? Are the stores even aware? Im doing some traveling between now and WDW not to mention driving to WDW, so happy to stop along the way, I just dont want to waste time, I rather call and know they have it. Does anyone know what to ask them when calling? Are these special or specific cards?

Im from central IL and will be traveling to Branson next week, then off to Seiverville TN then to WDW, so lots of driving and possible Sams clubs in my path. Thanks for any help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter