Pay £660 more for Deluxe Dinning Plan, is it worth it?

Last year at SSR for 3 weeks we paid for an extra ticket and said 4 people in the room which meant we got 21 more credits per day. We then used all these extra credits to go to the signature restaurants and the CS for breakfast. It was alot cheaper than paying for the deluxe plan. Plus we only wanted it to go to signatures, we would never have been able to eat all the starters. However we spent a fortune in tips! When I got home I called Disney and said I had a ticket I hadn't used but it expired at end of 2011. They actually re-issued it for me at no cost and sent me a 2012 ticket which I used this year.
This year we gave up on SSR (even though we love it) and stayed off site at Wyndhams Bonnet Creek which we love just as much. Just can't justify the cost anymore as gone up so much. We loved the offsite restaurants but still went back to our favourite on site but I just didn't order the $44 steaks!

We haven't long come back and had the DDP for 7 nights, 3 nights we were off site.

We didn't use 7 of our snacks, so I got sweets and Mickey Lollys to take home and we didn't use 5 counter service meals, but there was nothing we could do about those, we were going to offer to buy someone lunch one day, but then didn't do it!!!

Breakfast was included with our room, so to be honest, after breakfast we didn't really need much more to eat during the day, a coffee, or a soft drink and would have a CS meal to share as they were soooo huge! We ate around 5 or 6 in the evening and didn't have a problem booking restaurants the day before if we did this, even in popular places.

We did however upgrade dd to an adult on the plan, as the kids menus are terrible, Mac. Cheese, burgers and pizza - everyday!!! dd loved being able to choose steak and fish dishes, it only cost us £27 to upgrade her, well worth it.

We practically stayed on site for the full 7 days, but when we moved up to International Drive and stayed at Universal, we realised just how expensive it is to eat at Disney, we were getting huge breakfasts and had several large evening meals at various places for around $60 for all of us, including drinks and we weren't skimping either! in Disney we would have been paying double that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter