Paul & Julie ~ 4/20/13 *SBP/LSS/Italy* - [update 6/27 -Disneyland Engagement Photos]

Discussion in 'Planning our Happily Ever After' started by YouLoveJulianne, Apr 8, 2012.

1. YouLoveJulianne

YouLoveJulianne Mouseketeer

Wedding Information:

Ceremony: Sea Breeze Point
    Reception: The Living Seas (EPCOT)
    Dessert Party: Italy Isola West (Illuminations)

Guests: About 80
    Bridesmaids: 5
    Groomsmen: 5
    Flower Girl: 1
    Ring Bearer: 1
    Color scheme: Blue & Green
    Theme(s): Vinylmation & Vintage Disney

Room Blocks: Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, & POP Century

Vendors
    Hair/Makeup: Beaute Special
    Men's Tuxes: Men's Warehouse
    Officiant: Reverend Kevin Knox
    Photographers: Disney Fine Arts Photography

DIRECTORY:

Our story/About us/The proposal/The ring

Our Disneyland Engagement Photos

Our UP themed Engagement Party

Save The Dates & Newsletter

Bridesmaids Dresses

Gifts so far.. (bridal party gifts & welcome bags)
    More gifts (flower girl & pillow boy)

Planned DIY Projects (so far!)

My Dress

My Shoes

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well.. I've been stalking the boards for a while now and posting here and there but I think it's time for me to finally create my own pj! :goodvibes

Introductions & Our Story:
    I’ll start at the obvious place, with the introductions. I am Julianne (most people call me Julie) and my fiancé is Paul. :wave: We are both 27 years young and we have been engaged for about a year now. We started dating almost 6 years ago after being friends for a couple of years. We met through work; at the time we were both working at a Best Buy store. We both just graduated this past January (2012) and are looking (hoping:scared:) to start our careers; Paul has a degree in marketing, and I have both English and Adolescence Education degrees. But enough about this boring stuff… let’s get to the fun! :hyper: In the past 6 years of our relationship, Paul and I have visited either Disney World or Disneyland (or both!) at least once each year. Considering that we are from NY, this is a lot. Every time we would go on vacation, our friends/family would respond with “Disney. . . again?” (They just don’t get it :rolleyes:). So naturally, immediately after we got engaged our closest friends responded with, “YAY! When’s the wedding in Disney?!” -LOL:rotfl:

[​IMG]
    Here's us in Disneyland!

The Proposal:
    Ok.. so this is actually a pretty funny story. I’ve read/heard of/seen so many wonderful Disney fairytale proposal stories that happen in the parks (in front of the castle, by the wishing well, etc.). They all sound so perfect and romantic.. I did not have one of those proposals…. My proposal was not in Disney, but it was much more “us.”

The story begins that I went away with my family for a weekend to visit some family friends in Rhode Island (about 4 hour drive away). It was Sunday night, and we were on our way home.. about 40 minutes before we were going to be home I texted Paul to see if he wanted to come by my house. He said he was in the middle of making dinner and told me to come by him. Well, after being in the car for about 4.5 hours, you can imagine my aggravation of having to then drive 15-20 minutes to get to his house. Anyway, he ended up getting me to agree, and I went to his house. I was expecting him to surprise me with a plate of food, since he told me that he was cooking dinner… but alas, I arrived and there and there was no food. Now, you can imagine my frustration…. Not a happy camper! Anywayyy… moving on…. Paul told me that he picked up a few Vinylmations (we collect them) and he was waiting for me to open them. This is nothing out of the norm.. we like to open them together, it’s the fun of the mystery. So, he has a few boxed of the Muppets Vinylmations (that series had just been released a week or two prior). Well… to cut to the chase, he made me a custom Vinylmation that he concealed in the box… He did such a great job repackaging it inside of the Muppets box that I had absolutely no clue when I was opening it! (Needless to say, I was not angry anymore! :laughing:) [If you'd like to see more pics of the vinylmation, or read Paul's side of the story check out this link... http://destinationvinylmation.com/2011/04/when-paul-met-julie/ - Paul submitted our story to a popular Vinylmation site and they posted it!]

Here’s what it looked like:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anddddd… here’s the ring!!!: (I LOVE IT - IT’S ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PS: I realize the pics are huge.. sorry, I'm new at this! :confused:

Ok, that's it for now.. more to come!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Icecoldpenguin

Icecoldpenguin May the Force Be With You

I love the story so far. I collect vinyls too so the custom vinylmation thing is so sweet!

your ring is also very pretty I like it.

Can't wait to hear more

Teresa

4. mebbradley

mebbradley Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Oh! I love your ring!! So different!

Welcome to the boards! Can't wait to follow along!

5. luvs2cruise

luvs2cruise Mouseketeer

Welcome, Julianne! Can't wait to read more and follow along!

6. NoOrdinaryPrincess

NoOrdinaryPrincess DIS Veteran

Yay! A new PJ! Welcome!

7. peachydreamyxx

peachydreamyxx Mouseketeer

Another New Yorker!!

Cant wait to hear more about your plans!

8. DisneyEverAfter

DisneyEverAfter Can't wait to marry my prince charming!

Yay! Welcome! Love your story- can't wait to read your plans!

9. CinderALLIE

CinderALLIE DIS Veteran

Congratulations!!

10. Sizzle

Sizzle Mouseketeer

awww what a sweet engagement story!! :lovestruc Excited to watch your plans!

11. YouLoveJulianne

Thanks so much guys! It's very exciting, and touching to hear all your comments!

Let me try and catch you guys up to our plans thus far:

What we have done:
    • I bought my dress (pics to follow - I promise!:upsidedow)
    • We chose our bridal party (5 girls and 5 guys)
    • We created our guest list (about 100 people)
    • We've chosen, and submitted our location choices to the coordinator (ceremony=SBP / reception=LSS / Illuminations Dessert Party=Italy Isola West)
    • I started our Save The Date's (pics to follow)

Big things I'm working on right now is trying to find the bridesmaid's dresses, getting the save the date's done and ready to go out the moment we get our date confirmed, the pre-rsvp's that we'll be sending out with the save the date's, and building the wedding website. I started a website through the Disney honeymoon registry site, it's still a work in progress, but here's the link to check it out: http://disney.honeymoonwishes.com/JulieAndPaul

I do want to share with you guys pics from our engagement party that we had last summer. We did an "UP" theme, because we both love that movie and we should only be so lucky to be as happy as Carl and Ellie were! I will do an entire post on that when I'm home (and not at work! :laughing:)

Let me know if you have any tips or advice that you think would be helpful for me at this point! Thanks ladies!! :lovestruc

12. tinydancr06

tinydancr06 Mouseketeer

What a cool and unique proposal!!! Can't wait to see more of your plans!

13. yourgypsy

yourgypsy Mouseketeer

Hello! What an awesome proposal and such a beautiful ring! I look forward to reading more of your plans :goodvibes

14. YouLoveJulianne

HELP! I need some serious advice ladies! (Not sure if I should post this here or on the main thread page)

The other night I was sitting around with Paul, my mom, & my brother and the topic of the guest list came up. Here's our problem... our guest list is at around 105 (give or take a few) people. We are IN LOVE :lovestruc with SBP for the ceremony. It's the only location that we both absolutely LOVED from the beginning and agree on 100%. Those of you who do not know, SBP has a very strict maximum of 80 people. Also, our reception location that we want is LSS which is not a huge area. It has provided seating for about 84 people, any more and we'll have to add table to a space that is already slightly tight (IMO).

Here's the question posed:

Someone mentioned that we can say that the wedding is adults only (ages 15/16 and up). If we did that then we'd definitely be under our numbers and be able to keep the venues that we want. My uneasiness with this is that many people will be coming in from out of town. How can we invite people to a wedding "in Disney" and not invite the kids. (I know that Disney has a babysitting service that I can recommend to all of my guests with kids, but I still feel kind of bad. I know that many people don't feel comfortable leaving their kids with people that they don't know).

Here's what we are considering: We'll do an adults-only wedding, and then a kids-only (accompanied by at least one of their parents of coarse) breakfast with the characters the next day at Chef Mickey's. This way, we will at least have an event for the kids (that they would actually be into).

Second question: I plan on doing Pre-RSVP's with the save the date's that I will be sending out as soon as we get our date confirmed in a couple of weeks. If we get more "no's" than expected we may not even need to do this crazy kid-ban. How early do I need to let people know that we may be considering doing adults-only? I was thinking that on the pre-rsvp I can include a sentence that states "For your information, due to strict venue capacities one or more of the events may be adults-only, however it is too early in the process to know if this will be necessary." Then, if we realize that we will have to do adults-only, I can post it on our wedding website, and explain everything in detail with a newsletter or something like that.

:scared: Ugh.. I'm like stressing! Please tell me that someone else has gone through this before! What did you do?! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! (keep in mind that the budget is not really an issue, that's not why we need to cut down the list, it's because we want to keep the specific locations).

Thank you!

15. Boston Disney Bride

Boston Disney Bride DIS Veteran

Hi! :wave2: Really cute engagement story!! I can't help much with your guest issues you are having..we had a ceremony at SBP but only had 11 guests! I look forward to reading more and seeing some pics!

16. MrsDuck

MrsDuck DIS Veteran

Just joining in!

Your ring is gorgeous!

17. YouLoveJulianne

party:

Hey everyone! Just stopping in to share pics from our engagement party. It was in August of last year and it was a buffet brunch. We chose to do an "UP" theme because we both love the movie, and it really is a love story (regardless of how sad it might be!).

Ok, lets start with the invitations. We did the invitations ourselves. We ordered custom balloons and tied them to cardstock invitations that I created and printed. Here's a pic of the original inspiration for the invites:
    [​IMG]

And here's how ours came out:
    [​IMG]

I loved them.. They were PERFECT for the theme!

Now lets move to pics of us and the bridal party (the groomsmen, bridesmaids, and flower girl and pillow boy)...
    [​IMG]

Ok... Here's decor of the party
    [​IMG]
    The centerpieces were vases filled with either water and floating candles or colorful gumballs, with 3 mason jars surrounding.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, we made a mailbox with our names and handprints (this was really fun to do!) for all our guests to put their gifts & cards in.

Now, to represent the "Ellie Badge" we had grape sodas as the place cards, and grape soda bottle caps scattered around the tables, and paul wore one pinned to the lapel of his jacket, and I had one clipped in my hair!
    [​IMG]

For favors we gave out red velvet cake pops and a couple lollipops. We arranged them to look like the house and balloons, and placed them at every place setting:
    [​IMG]

Last picture is of the thank you cards. They all had a picture of us inside that was able to be removed because it was attached with photo corners, this way if people wanted to take the picture out and keep it they could. I also designed these as well:
    [​IMG]

Other than all of this, we made activity books for all the children that were there. I found random UP connect-the-dots, pictures to color, etc. and clipped them all together and gave it to the kids with a box of crayons. (we didn't get a pic of this:sad1:).

Hope you guys enjoy!! Thanks again for reading along, and all your support!:hug:

18. tric8783

tric8783 DIS Veteran

Hi there!! Just joining in!
    All of your plans look great, and I love your engagement party! So fun!!
    As for your guest list and inviting kids- I know in the ballrooms you can reserve a separate room and have 'Kids Night Out' come, they will host a separate kid's party in an adjoining room, this way the kids arent technically in your count but they aren't far from their parents either. I'm not sure if LSS has another room you could do this in, but you can certainly ask :)

You could also not comment about kids on your STD's and pre-RSVP's, then when people ask, tell them right now kids are not allowed. If people don't come because their children can't, are they not that close to you to be invited? You could obviously tell people ahead of time that you are close with that their children will be allowed if that might be an issue? We are allowing children and have 9 total, but we didn't have a guest count restriction on any of our venues. Orr you could tell people they aren't allowed and if youre able to have them once your totals come in, give people with kids a personal update? I totally see wanting to restrict and hopefully you won't have to! We invited 136 and we're ended up with 75. (We only have 1 couple that is actually in FL, everyone else is flying).

popcorn::

19. itsmebabygi

itsmebabygi Counting Down!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the details at your engagement party!

I'll be following along :)

I don't know what to do about the guest list though :confused3

20. itsmebabygi

itsmebabygi Counting Down!

I just looked at your wedding website... we work at the same company! Haha. Small world!

I am going to have to come say hi and introduce myself on Monday!

21. DisneyEverAfter

DisneyEverAfter Can't wait to marry my prince charming!

LOVE your engagement party theme & decor!!! So creative! Looks like it was a wonderful day! :goodvibes