Patio vs. Balcony

Nolcrest

DIS Veteran
Do more people request a balcony room instead of 1st floor patio?

My husband is one of those who really prefers 1st floor rooms - he likes the option of leaving his room via patio.

We've always been able to get a 1st floor room at the moderates. Was wondering if deluxes are as accommodating? :wave:

I don't think first floors are requested as much at deluxes because they have elevators. People want higher floors for views. You usually can't leave a first floor deluxe through the patio, there are usually bushes between the patio & the walkway. You have to go out through the hallway. You would want to lock the patio door and that can only be done from inside.

We have always requested a higher floor and have never had a problem. During our last stay at WL, the CM gave us the choice of 5th & as she said "you don't want 2nd, do you?" (2nd is ground level). Apparently, most people prefer being up a bit.

If you perfer ground, note it on your reservation. I don't think you'll have a problem getting it!

I had a patio at the Polynesian, as well as at the Wilderness Lodge in 2000. Both were nice. The patio at the Polynesian had nothing blocking it, so you could walk out of the room from the sliding door and go anywhere. The patio we had at the WL was near the stream and had a small rock wall surrounding it. I think if you request a room on the 1st for in one of the deluxe resorts they will be pretty accomadating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter