Pathways Revealed - Links fixed

Caskbill

<font color="blue">DVC-Operations<br>DVC-Planning<
As many of you know, over the last several WDW trips, I've used my GPS receiver to measure the distances of different paths or walkways at the World. Posts were made for each path.

When the DIS boards had problems recently, all the links for the posts were lost. These links have now been fixed.

This post here can also now serve as a gateway if anyone else ever desires to reference the posts in one of their replies. Just link to this post in the future.

Caskbill's Pathways Revealed Posts

<b><font size = 4>LINKS to the other reports</font></b>

Part 1 - OKW resort to Downtown Disney

Part 2 - MGM park to Boardwalk Villas

Part 3 - Boardwalk Villas to Epcot International Gateway

Part 4 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness Campground

Part 5 - Walk around the Epcort Resorts Area Lake

Part 6 - Epcot

Part 7 - Magic Kingdom

Part 8 - MGM Studios

<b>If anyone has any other paths or walks of interest, please post back or e-mail and I'll try to include it for our next trip.</b>

Caskbill, I saw this mentioned the other day and I had missed the original posts. This was a great job, thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Now, maybe you and Doc can get together and do a land survey of all the DVC resorts! ;)

Pam, thanks for the kind words.

We actually met with Doc again this past January, had lunch at the Commissary at MGM Studios. Although the pathways threads didn't come up. He probably knows the resorts by heart well enough anyway. I think he's got the building numbers memorized...:smooth:

Anyway, think you were joking, but got me to thinking. I bet a lot of folks would be interested in how far of a walk it is from South Point, or Turtle Pond, to Hospitality House at OKW.

Or how far it is from the furthest room at BWV's to the lobby. :D Oops, cant' do that one as I can't receive the satellites while indoors. However could do it outdoors? Hmmmm.

Cmon DVC'ers, anything you got in mind? Maybe I can catch it next trip. ;)

Bill

Caskbill....thanks again for these links. They really are neat, and the pictures are a nice touch.

Now with the opening of BCV, and the announcement of Disney Institute Villas....you've got some more measuring to do!

BCV to Epcot & MGM, for instance.

Hope your boots are made for walkin'. ;)

Hey, I was looking at these and it seems like 6, 7 and 8's links are broken again. Any ideas how to find them? These are really great! Thanks Caskbill.

Caskbill:

As you know, this is info that even the health clubs at the resorts don't have. I'm a jogger and this is really great to have. Last trip down I told them about you and that they really needed to get the distances (especially around EPCOT Resort Area lake) because so many people jog and walk it.

Thank you again.

HBC

Thanks SO much, Caskbill. I haven't seen these posts for a while and I bookmarked it today. Now that we've stayed at OKW once, we're interested in the walk to DD (just needs to be less than 90 degrees when we do it).

Sounds to me like someone has a new toy !!! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: I'll have to see what kind of ideas I can send along to help you have some more fun. Thank you for your time in doing this. I actually really enjoy reading the info and dreaming of the walks I will take when we get there in January.

I'm glad these got bumped up and that you've taken the time to research and post this information. We'll be arriving 2 weeks from today at OKW and the family going with us has an avid runner. I'm sure he will enjoy this discovery. Thanks alot!

Lissa

Originally posted by rwodonnell
Hey, I was looking at these and it seems like 6, 7 and 8's links are broken again. Any ideas how to find them? These are really great! Thanks Caskbill.

Caskbill,
I was looking for Epcot distances and did a search to find this great thread. Any chance on updating the links?

Casbill, you take such good care of us ::yes::
And we thank you:cheer2:

Now, for the request! I often see people ask how far it is from VWL (say the main entrance) to the boat dock. Also, how far is it from Poly to GF (along that pretty walkway). We love both those walks, and would love to have a number to go along with it. Thanks! :worship:

Thanks so much for posting this info !!! The distances always feel so much further than they actually are (especially at the end of a very long day in the parks!!) :smooth:

Originally posted by disney4me4ever
Whoa! Did I miss something?? :earseek: More info please!

Nancy :earsgirl:

The post you quoted is almost 3 years old and referred to the announcement about SSR. :)

One danger of resurrecting old posts is that some of the links may no longer work. I know Caskbill had updated all links back in 2003, but some of the picture links may be outdated at this point.

Originally posted by WebmasterDoc
The post you quoted is almost 3 years old and referred to the announcement about SSR. :)

Thanks Doc! I was really worried there for a minute that I missed a "major announcement"! Whew!

Nancy:earsgirl:

Originally posted by WebmasterDoc

One danger of resurrecting old posts is that some of the links may no longer work. I know Caskbill had updated all links back in 2003, but some of the picture links may be outdated at this point.
The links to the park distances is lost forever. Those posts were originally on the resorts board and since have dropped completely off the archive list.

The links to the DVC resort posts are still active.

All the photograph links are now gone. The photos were originally placed on the DISboards home web page site, but were lost when the DISboards had to discontinue that site.

I always keep thinking that someday when I get some time I'll redo the posts.

As for the Epcot information I do remember that the walk around the lake is exactly 1-mile in length, and that the American Adventure is at exactly the 1/2 mile point.

Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter