Past, Present & Forever

Discussion in 'Arts and Crafts' started by Keebles, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Keebles

Keebles I'm OCD and proud of it!

Well, finally finished Self Portrait and got to start on PP&F today! I was so excited...that is until I started trying to work with the metallic thread. I'm having a heck of a time with it. For those that are currently working on it or for anyone who has finished it, got any suggestions on how you managed the thread, or am I the only one having problems? Looks like the entire castle is gonna have it and I'm starting to dread it! I'll take any help you can give!

2. tashasmum

tashasmum DIS Veteran

When you thread your floss and glistengloss through the needle make a small knot with the threads up near the eye of the needle. This stops the glistengloss sliding straight through the needle. Hope this helps, i know it did for me.

3. Keebles

Keebles I'm OCD and proud of it!

Thanks! The thought never occurred to me!

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. tashasmum

tashasmum DIS Veteran

I have just finished The Barbershop Quartet my only problem is what to start next, it may have to wait until our trip to Canada is done.

6. cobbler

cobbler <br><font color=blue>Tag #1: (Under Construction:

Thanks for the tip. I haven't started working on mine just yet but I am sure I will encounter a problem. I always seem to anyway ;)

7. Madaboutthemouse

Madaboutthemouse <font color=red>The frozen Bacardi ones are really

Slightly OT: Do you remember how much these cross-stitch kits were? Did you buy from The Art of Disney or from WDW Merchandising? I was trying to estimate how much it would cost to call and have a few shipped to me. Thanks! :)

8. dreams91

dreams91 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=teal>Loves to veg o

I think it is $45. I remember I called them and they said it would be like $60 to ship it. They charge a lot to ship. Seems like a spendy kit, but it has a lot of thread and stuff, it is huge.

9. Madaboutthemouse

Madaboutthemouse <font color=red>The frozen Bacardi ones are really

Thanks! I guess I'll have to wait until my next trip to pick them up. $15 is a lot for shipping.

10. Ashley80

Ashley80 Mouseketeer

I called yesterday and they said shipping is $10.99 or so I believe. Maybe they lowered the shipping price? :confused3

Any idea where I can get the Cinderella Castle kit?? They no longer carry them and I REALLY want one!! :sad1: