past free dining blackout dates for fall

Iloveeliot

DIS Veteran
Hi.
I hope someone can help me. During our last Disney trip we had quite a fiasco at the airport so we were given a credit. We must purchase tickets with that credit by next month or it will expire. We really want to go to Disney World next October and are hoping for free dining. Money is extremely tight and this would just make it so much easier. We can't wait until free dining is announced to buy our airline tickets or we lose that credit so we want to book for a day that is most likely to have free dining. I have found the dates for free dining the past few years but was unable to find the blackout dates. Does anyone have the free dining blackout dates going back as many years as possible for the fall? We will be booking our flight in the hopes we choose a free dining day if there are any this year. If we need to change our flight in order to get free dining we will do so but there will be a fee of $200. Free dining would save us more than that but choosing the right dates would be ideal! Thanks for your help!

Hi.
I hope someone can help me. During our last Disney trip we had quite a fiasco at the airport so we were given a credit. We must purchase tickets with that credit by next month or it will expire. We really want to go to Disney World next October and are hoping for free dining. Money is extremely tight and this would just make it so much easier. We can't wait until free dining is announced to buy our airline tickets or we lose that credit so we want to book for a day that is most likely to have free dining. I have found the dates for free dining the past few years but was unable to find the blackout dates. Does anyone have the free dining blackout dates going back as many years as possible for the fall? We will be booking our flight in the hopes we choose a free dining day if there are any this year. If we need to change our flight in order to get free dining we will do so but there will be a fee of $200. Free dining would save us more than that but choosing the right dates would be ideal! Thanks for your help!

See this thread, there are dates for the bounceback offer. Looks like the first or last week would be your best bet.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3053994

:goodvibes Hope this isn't too confusing, but this info on what the original offers said might help you figure the blackout dates were for the last 3 years. *For info only - these offers have all now EXPIRED*

Offer for Fall 2010 (dates were extended from original offer).

October – December 2010 Free Dining Offer!

Valid for stays most nights October 1 - October 7, October 22-28, November 12-18, November 27 - December 2, and December 10-21, 2010

Book a Walt Disney World vacation package that includes a stay at a Walt Disney World resort and a park ticket, and receive the Dining Plan for free!

Book a Disney Value Resort and and get the Quick Service Dining free!

Book a Disney Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villas Resort and and get the Regular Dining free!

Discount Codes: The following codes can be used to for obtaining these discounts by calling Disney directly, or by contacting Dreams Unlimited Travel.

Dining plans can be upgraded at an additional cost. This discount must be booked by 12/20/10. Free dining available October 1 - October 7, October 22-28, November 12-18, November 27 - December 2, and December 10-21, 2010. All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply. Blackout dates may apply

We checked in Oct. 30, 2011 and that week was blacked out for free dining.

That's too bad -the original 2011 offer did list your date, so I wonder why you couldn't get it? :confused:

Fall/Winter FREE Dining Package
For a limited time, get a FREE Disney dining plan when you buy a full price 2011 Magic Your Way or 2012 Magic Your Way vacation package (including accommodations and tickets) for select dates at select Walt Disney World resort hotels.

Offer is valid for check-ins 10/2/11-10/8/11, 10/23/11-11/5/11, 11/13/11-11/19/11, 11/27/11-12/3/11, 12/11/11-12/17/11, 1/8/12-1/14/12, 1/22/12-2/4/12, 2/12/12-2/18/12, 3/4/12-3/10/12 and 3/25/12-3/31/12. Some dates may have extremely limited availability. Some of the most popular resorts and/or room types may not have any availability. Based on similar offers in the past, the offer can apply to your entire stay as long as you check in within one of the allowed sets of dates.

Stay at select Disney Value resorts and get the 2011 Quick Service Dining Plan or 2012 Quick Service Dining Plan for FREE.

Stay at select Disney Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villas resorts and get the regular 2011 Dining Plan or 2012 Dining Plan for FREE.

The package includes:

Accommodations in a select Walt Disney World resort hotel (3 nights minimum, 14 nights maximum)

Walt Disney World theme park Base Tickets (2 days minimum; can be upgraded to include add-ons such as Park Hopper and/or Water Park Fun & More at an additional cost)

Book by 10/29/11. No group rates or other discounts apply. Excludes suites, campsites and 3-Bedroom Villas. Advance reservations required. Excludes gratuities and alcoholic beverages. Children ages 3-9 must order from the children's menu if available. Some table-service restaurants may have limited or no availability at time of package purchase.

*My note: Some dates were modified after the original offer, and ended up being
October 1 to 6, 2011
October 22 to November 3, 2011
November 12 to 17, 2011
November 26 to December 1, 2011
December 10 to 15, 2011

2012 info

Free dining available select nights 9/30-10/4, 10/19-11/1, 11/9-11/15, 11/23-11/29 and 12/10-12/20/12 (some dates were modified after original offer):

September 2012 – December 2012 Free Dining Offer!

Valid for stays select nights 9/30-10/4, 10/19-11/1, 11/9-11/15, 11/23-11/29 and 12/10-12/20/12.

Book a Walt Disney World vacation package that includes a stay at a Walt Disney World resort and a park ticket, and receive the Dining Plan for free!

•Book a Disney Value Resort and get the Quick Service Dining free!
•Book a Disney Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villas Resort and and get the Regular Dining free!

3 night minimum stay/14 night maximum stay.Must purchase a minimum of 2-day/maximum of 10 day park tickets. Dining plans can be upgraded at an additional cost. This discount must be booked by 9/29/12. Free dining available select nights 9/30-10/4, 10/19-11/1, 11/9-11/15, 11/23-11/29 and 12/10-12/20/12.All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply. Blackout dates may apply. Discount is not valid at campsites, 3-bedroom villas or the Little Mermaid Standard View rooms at Disney's Art of Animation resort.

Money is extremely tight and this would just make it so much easier.

Since you had posted money is tight, if you were thinking of booking a Value resort I just wanted to be sure that you had read DISer danny25's previous posts that Values might not be included in 2013 FD at all (and Mods & Deluxes would only get QSDP - BTW he has a great track record):

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039016

Looks like the first or last week would be your best bet.

I agree, and probably would stick with around the first week of Oct., but again, based on danny25's info they might need to book a Mod or Deluxe to get FD at all. Though hopefully Disney will scrap that possible plan anyway! :thumbsup2

Thank you all so much! I'm thinking of booking 10/22-10/129. This was really helpful! I am thinking that if they don't offer at least the quick service to people staying at the values, we will skip the dining plan. DH is diabetic and I don't care about beverages other than tap water. I also don't have any interest in a resort mug since I just want water. What I've been wondering is if they might offer Stay, Play, and Dine? I have no idea how that works and I don't know if I would want the dining plan if that is offered. Can anyone tell me how that has worked in the past with the values? How much would it take off the plus plan or the quick service plan? If they offer a resort discount and Stay, play, and Dine, how would I figure out what is the best deal based on not wanting a desert with every QS or TS for hubby and not wanting beverages for me? So confusing booking so early but I guess the good news is I can book my ADRs 180 days in advance! Again thanks so much! I'm so happy I now have the free dining dates for the last few years.

The November blackout dates correspond to NJ Teacher's convention dates. That week is indeed known at WDW as "NJ Week" since half the state goes down... Mid October corresponds to some big conventions happening. And early December corresponds with Pop Worner. Of course, then there's also Thanksgiving...

I am getting increasingly frustrated trying to decide on dates for a Fall trip. If only QS is offered at the Mods and Deluxes that will not be much of an incentive.

Last year we went the week after Thanksgiving and had a nice room discount but with Thanksgiving being late this year(11/28) the week after is POP Warner so can not even expect a discount then. :headache:

Really hoping this comes through, we will be there 10/19-10/27. There are 8 of us so free dining really saves us. :stitch2:

So last year US thanksgiving was on Nov 22nd and blackout date ws the 16-22, was this because of thanksgiving. We are going Nov 17-23 this year and thanksgiving is the 28th, just wondering if they do put out free dining in Nov (really not expecting it though) will my week be a blackout week?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter