Passports?

DisneyFaeriePrincess

Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.
I'm not sure if you guys can help me on this but I have a quick question. My fiance and I are going on a eastern carribean cruise for our honeymoon and in our booklet we got from disney it said that we would just need our birth certificates and a photo id not an actual passport. Would that work for us? We really don't need the passport for anything else and could use the money we would save not getting them. I'm just really worried about not having everything in place! Thanks so much!

I am guessing you are both from the US. Do you NEED passports for that particular cruise? No. Should you have them? That's a question that each person must answer for him/herself. I would never travel without one. You can see many opinions on your question in this thread.

- Dreams

It's a "closed loop" cruise (meaning that you leave and return to the same port) so technically you do not need a passport at this time. Your birth certificate and photo ID will suffice. However, if something happened while on the cruise and you needed to leave and fly home (illness, family issue, etc), you would need to have a passport.

Passports are good for ten years so it's an expense up front but is valuable for that last minute vacation to Aruba, Cancun, etc!!

Thanks for all of your help! I feel much better now. I think we'll just stay with the birth certificates. Unfortunately there's no such thing as last minute trips for us, neither of our jobs allow it :sad1: But thank you so much to all of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!