Passports came today..

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by tevagirl, Sep 4, 2007.

1. tevagirl

tevagirl <font color=teal>Saving little old ladies from gun

My dh, ds and ddil received their passports in the mail today. It only took five weeks. Meanwhile, my dd and her family are still waiting and applied a few weeks before they did. I guess there's no rhyme or reason as to how and when they process them. :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Perrier

Perrier Mouseketeer

I still don't have mine, but DH got his in 4 wks, DS & DD got theirs in 5 wks. I, however, am still waiting... :rolleyes1

4. EmEyeSeeKayEeWhy

EmEyeSeeKayEeWhy DIS Veteran

So true....no rhyme or reason. We were just notified yesterday by email that ours were approved/finished processing and being mailed....7 weeks after we applied. Our friends applied in May and just received theirs last week. So you just never know, but at least you have them and check that off your list :woohoo:

5. KayR

KayR DIS Veteran

My son's are still outstanding. Going on 12 weeks now :-(

I still have to apply for mine, but as mine will be processed by the British Embassy in Washington, I am hoping they won't take too long ....

6. tevagirl

They must be rethinking yours. ;)
    May! Geez, I hope they get them soon.
    I hope your son's comes soon and yours goes smoothly.

7. jonesing

jonesing "Research" is what I'm doing when I don't know wha

Embassy-processing shouldn't take too long. Overseas US citizens can apply at the Embassy but they are shipped back to the US for processing except in emergencies.

I didn't want to rely on the hinky system so I went to the passport agency to renew mine in person. Took about 3 hours to create.

8. Perrier

Perrier Mouseketeer

HA! That's exactly what my DH said! :laughing:

9. KayR

KayR DIS Veteran

tevagirl, you must have sent me some pixie dust. My son's US passport arrived yesterday!

I still have 5 months before I cruise, but as my passport expires in November, I should get it in soon. I am not aware of any lengthy delays in processing UK passports so I should be OK. (Famous last words here)

:wizard: Sending pixie dust out for anyone else still waiting for their US passports. :wizard:

--Kay

10. Magic Family

Magic Family Mouseketeer

All of our passports are in the mail, according to the email I just received...and in less than 5 weeks! :cool1: No expedited fees either!

The passport website has also been changed from 10-12 weeks to 6-8 weeks for regular processing. Perhaps they're getting their act together.

We're in Michigan...not sure where we were processed...probably Chicago?

11. tevagirl

I have special powers. ;)