PassPorter’s Disney Weddings & Honeymoons - Must Read!

jenna77

Disney Vow Renewal 2015!
Hi Everyone,

I just finished reading the new e-book written by Carrie (lurkyloo), PassPorter’s Disney Weddings & Honeymoons. It is a must-read for every DFTW bride and those honeymooning at Disney. It is packed with so much information, it answered just about every question I've had and it's much faster (and less frustrating) than waiting for your coordinator to respond to your e-mails or phone calls. In 275 pages, Carrie covers every type of Disney wedding - Escape, Wishes, Couture, and Cruise, in great detail as well as the most current information and prices. She also has excellent sections on honeymoons, special events such as dessert parties, as well as timelines, interactive planning worksheets and ways to save money, and gorgeous photos throughout.

I signed up for a 1-month Passporter membership for about $5 and was able to download all of the e-books on the site as well as Carrie's. I would have glady paid fives times that amount just for the wedding e-book. It's that good! I know I'll be referring to the book numerous times as I plan my wedding and honeymoon.

Thank you for providing us with such a wonderful and up-to-date reference Carrie!

AND....My picture is in the book! I got married on the Disney Cruise and my picture of my civil ceremony is in the book along with a picture of my cake and my inlaws sitting on the beach at our ceremony site! Just a little self promoting. LOL The book is great though!!!!!!

I agree that it's fantastic!! :lovestruc A priceless resource to have while planning! :surfweb:

ITA carrie did an AWESOME job & i couldn't think of a better person to have written it!!!!

carrie you did awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo: :cheer2: :dance3: :banana: :cool1:

I posted a thread on passporter today asking if it is possible to get it printed as a book available in B&N

I was in B&N last night and looked through all their wedding planning books and no one had a Disney planner..there were one or two with DFTW information, but only as a "get married with Mickey" jokingly.

Nothing as a true planner for brides who are serious about Disney!

here is the link
http://www.passporter.com/weddings.asp

Can I get this in hard copy? Is there a link on the website? I have a mac...will it effect the download??? Can I download it to a jump drive? Questions Questions...sorry e-book illiterate! BUT Mom says to get it asap! :lmao:

I posted a thread on passporter today asking if it is possible to get it printed as a book available in B&N

I was in B&N last night and looked through all their wedding planning books and no one had a Disney planner..there were one or two with DFTW information, but only as a "get married with Mickey" jokingly.

here is the link

As a Certified Professional Author's Assistant this option is feasible. It can be done on a self-publishing scale. I recommend Lightning Source. Due to the fact of the arrangement they have with the distributor, the book would end up being listed on Amazon and Barnes and Nobles. It would also make it available in Europe/UK to be sold. No need to purchase inventory. HTH!

here is the link

Thanks for asking them to get it printed as a book!

here is the link

Agreed! I was just thinking that this book should be available printed in stores. An e-book is great because of the interactivity and ease of updates, but not everyone likes e-books. Carrie's book could stand up to any wedding planning book IMO! It might also help to make known the fact that Disney weddings can be affordable! I almost didn't look at the DFTW Web site initially because I just assumed all Disney weddings would be ridiculously priced.

Can I get this in hard copy? Is there a link on the website? I have a mac...will it effect the download??? Can I download it to a jump drive? Questions Questions...sorry e-book illiterate! BUT Mom says to get it asap! :lmao:

I am not sure about hard copy, you would have to check the PassPorter site. You can certainly view this book on a Mac and store it anywhere on your computer or on an external device such as a jump drive. That would make it portable!

Just make sure that you have Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher (available freely from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html) to view the interactive pages!

I am not sure about hard copy, you would have to check the PassPorter site. You can certainly view this book on a Mac and store it anywhere on your computer or on an external device such as a jump drive. That would make it portable!

Just make sure that you have Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher (available freely from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html) to view the interactive pages!

From the sounds of it...no hard copy yet...
I think i need to update my adobe...
What is all of this interactive stuff?
WOW! am I smart...and to think I'm a college student! :laughing:

you can fill out forms before printing and I think it has excel spreadsheet for figuring /per guest totals

AND....My picture is in the book! I got married on the Disney Cruise and my picture of my civil ceremony is in the book along with a picture of my cake and my inlaws sitting on the beach at our ceremony site! Just a little self promoting. LOL The book is great though!!!!!!

That's too cute, I have some shots in the book too, so your post made me smile :goodvibes

Agreed! I was just thinking that this book should be available printed in stores. An e-book is great because of the interactivity and ease of updates, but not everyone likes e-books. Carrie's book could stand up to any wedding planning book IMO! It might also help to make known the fact that Disney weddings can be affordable! I almost didn't look at the DFTW Web site initially because I just assumed all Disney weddings would be ridiculously priced.

I totally agree!!! If it wasn't for Carrie, I never would have even looked into a Disney wedding. I happened to see her link to her wedding TR and then read how she stayed at the minimum and then Df and I were sold on a DFTW. This book should be in print.

I have purchased this too it looks good i will have a proper read tomorrow

Is it worth it for those of us just Disneymooning and not having a Disney Wedding?

Is it worth it for those of us just Disneymooning and not having a Disney Wedding?

Yes, in my opinion it is worth it. There are 18+ pages strictly on WDW honeymoons and a separate section on cruise line honeymoons. Carrie has all kinds of great suggestions for romantic things to do on your honeymoon, ways to make it extra special. I got some great ideas from reading it.

And, for only $5 you get access to all of the e-books on PassPorter.

Downloaded this and started reading it yesterday. It's a great resource, I'd highly recommend downloading this if you're planning a Disney wedding in the near future. It goes into so much detail, and it's useful to have everything in one place. Great work Carrie!

:goodvibes I'm so glad you are finding it helpful!

As a Certified Professional Author's Assistant this option is feasible. It can be done on a self-publishing scale. I recommend Lightning Source. Due to the fact of the arrangement they have with the distributor, the book would end up being listed on Amazon and Barnes and Nobles. It would also make it available in Europe/UK to be sold. No need to purchase inventory. HTH!

Apparently, if we did it this way, the pages of the book (and therefore all those pictures) would have to be black and white.

What do you all think? Would you still be interested in a physical copy of the book if it were black and white?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!