Passport stamps

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by pls3399, Mar 28, 2013.

1. pls3399

pls3399 Disney Fanatic

I read on an older post that if you leave your passport with guest services, they will get it stamped for you at each port. Does anyone know if this is still being done? Thanks.

Kevin

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. keaster

keaster DIS Veteran

I would say no to that. I can't imagine Guest Services agreeing to take responsibility for someone's passport, those are pretty valuable documents to fall into the wrong hands.

4. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

You definitely can for Castaway Cay, but I think for the other ports they more often can't do it than can. We took our own to Nassau and it was easy, right at the port. When we went to St. Maarten, it was a holiday so we couldn't get stamps on the Dutch or French side:(

I saw on the Panama Canal crossing in Dec. that they had someone on board doing the stamping on that day, but you had to take your passport there yourself; I'm hoping that is the case in May because I really want that one.

Nancy

5. Jillpie

Jillpie Can you package some Main St. music and send it to

So if you want a CC stamp, do you simply take your passport down to GS and they do it right there on the spot? Any specific time and does it have to be on the CC day?

6. bobyetman

bobyetman Mouseketeer

Yep, on the day we went through the canal, you could get the passport stamp, and buy Panamanian stamps & postcards.

7. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

We left them the night before, they give you a receipt, and then we picked them up the next day.

Nancy

8. DisneyOrBustColorado

DisneyOrBustColorado Pixie Dust Adventures

This is a great education for me. On our first Disney cruise we asked when we checked in at boarding if there were anywhere to get our passports stamped & the CM told us that they don't stamp passports at all anymore. I wish I knew this a few cruises ago so I could have accumulated a few stamps for my kids. Thanks for the post!!!

9. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

It's not actually guest services that holds them it's the passport control officer. On my first two cruises with DCL I had to hand over my passport to them to hold on to. It used to be a policy that all non US Citizens had to hand over their passport to DCL to make them available to customs officials in all ports should they request them. In most ports the passenger manifest is sufficient for the customs oficial to clear the ship.

Since Castaway Cay is not it's own country (as much as DCL would like it to be) it is under the jurisdiction of the Bahamas, sometimes Guest services is able to get stamps in peoples passports when they clear the ship but only if the customs officer brings a stamp with him or her.

10. Princess Bree

Princess Bree Earning My Ears

I am SO glad the cruise lines don't hold our non-US passports anymore. It used to be such a pain to get up at 6 am and stand in line to get them back on debarkation day!

11. pls3399

pls3399 Disney Fanatic

Thank you to everyone that replied. I will know for sure in 23 days