passport question

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by dreamsail, Feb 15, 2012.

1. dreamsail

dreamsail Mouseketeer

I'm sorry...I know it seems like you omniscient ones answer the same question over and over again, but I couldn't find the answer by searching the forums.

I dug out my birth certificate in preparation of getting a passport, and noticed that it was essentially ripped in half and someone (my mother?) had taped it back together.

Do you know if the passport office would accept this since it was "altered?"
    It does have the raised seal, as well as full names of my parents.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

I got my passport through the post office. If you have a post office that does passports without an appointment I would take it there and ask, but I am going to guess no.

4. DisneyOHFan

DisneyOHFan Livin' for Disney

That is a great suggestion to go to the PO to ask, but my guess would also be no.

5. msbiscuit

msbiscuit Mouseketeer

I don't want to get your hopes up, but my birth certificate was practically in tatters. Reverse copy (white on black background), folded and falling apart - from 1955. The clerk at the post office didn't think the passport office would accept it, but said 'let's try'. Know what? It went through with no problem.

6. dreamsail

dreamsail Mouseketeer

I'll check at our post office. You have to have an appointment, but it's right down the street from my office.

Thanks for the suggestion!