Passport Question? not a U.S. Citizen

CJDJ

Mouseketeer
Hmmm now I'm really stressed. Ok, this is my problem six of us are scheduled for the eastern cruise in April. We all have passports except my husband who is not a U.S. citizen but he's a permanent resident. You can't get a U.S passport if your not a citizen although he applied for citizenship, I know it won't be in time for our cruise. He only has one passport from when he was two. So, it's definetly expired. So, now what do I do? Do I have to get a passport from the Phillipines? or can we just bring his permanent residence card w/his drivers license.

Thanks

Carol

you will not need a passport for cruising this April....as of right now all you need is a photo ID (driver's license) and a certified birth certificate. Just to be sure I would call DCL and ask them directly if the permanent residence card would be necessary also.

I called Disney and they said to call ins. Remember my husbands not a citizen but a permanent resident.

Thanks

Carol

My hubby is also not a citizen, but a permanent resident alien. He needed his passport and Green Card on all 3 DCL cruises we have taken. As a matter of fact, DCL held on to either his Green Card or Passport for the duration of the cruise (it was returned to him before getting off the ship when he presented himself to Immigration EARLY on the last morning. I suggest contacting the Phillipine embassay/consulate nearest you and having his passport renewed ASAP. Just my $.02... Enjoy!

I am pretty sure any non U.S. citizen is going to need a passport! Perm. resident or not! Can you call the Phillipine Embassy near you and see what you have to do to obtain a passport?

Yes, unless you're a US Cit and have proof (BC) you will have to have a passport. GC by itself will not let you get on board unfortunately.
I'm in the same boat as your hubby... :)
Your best bet is to find Phillipine's embassy and apply for a passport.

Good luck!

good morning,
It is my understanding that as of today, passports will be needed to go anywhere outside of the United States. My girlfriend is suppose to go to Nassau Feb. 2nd and was notified that if she didn't have a passport, she would not be allowed to go sooooooooo I can be wrong, but this was on the local news several days ago.
Always
Shirley

I was in the same situation several years ago when I was still a permanent resident (became a US citizen a couple of years ago) and cruised three times on Disney. The answer is: your husband needs both a valid Philippine passport and his green card to go on the Disney Cruise.

Upon check-in they will look at both documents and will actually keep them. They will give him a "receipt" showing they are holding these important documents for him. For Eastern Caribbean cruises that go to St Thomas, he will have to wake up very early to be checked by US immigration officials on the day you dock in St Thomas. And like all other non-US citizens, he will also have to wake up very early (again) on disembarkation day to get his documents from the crew. This is when he shows the receipt so he can claim the documents.They do this very systematically and there should be no problem. He just has to wake up early (bummer esp when on vacation).

Contact the nearest Philippine consulate office (depends on where you live) and ask for a passport application. I think you may even be able to get this online as well.

Good luck! Cruise or no cruise, he should have a valid passport anyway. When he does get his US citizenship, apply for that US passport immediately.

:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter