Passport photos

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by need_a_Disney_fix, Jul 18, 2005.

1. need_a_Disney_fix

need_a_Disney_fix <font color=indigo>There is nothing like floofing DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Where is a good place to have passport photos taken? Walgreen? Kinkos? :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

The cheapest place you can find! Most places have instant passport photos....Walgreens here is $7.99. DOn't know about other places. The nice thing is that many places don't require and appointment and only take 5 minutes.

4. imomtojd

imomtojd Mouseketeer

If you have AAA they do it for free. Otherwise Kinkos is a great place.

Lisa :earsboy:

5. DrCavin

DrCavin DIS Veteran

6. goofymama

goofymama DIS Veteran

or Costco, if you are a member.

7. #1Mouse

#1Mouse <font color=green>Croc Hunter<font color=purple>

We just did ours at Costco for $4.99. They were actually good quality photos. I was expecting drivers license photos. The lady at the Post Office mentioned if you have them done at Walgreens or CVS to make sure that they are the exact size they are suppose to be. She said she sends people back to those two places on a regular basis because the photos are too big. It shows an outline on the application.

8. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

We had ours done at the local luggage and travel outfitters store for $4.99

9. Billinaz

Billinaz Waiting to spend time in our home away from home..

I did ours at home and printed them.

They dont attach them to the passports anymore, they scan them in. If you do it yourself you can get the photo you like instead of whatever the photo looks like when they take it for you.

10. spellhex

spellhex Mouseketeer

We got it done the same place we were getting our passports... Not sure about the cost, though, but it was very easy as we didn't have to travel to different places to get the pictures taken, to get the birth certificuts, and then get the passports (BTW, if you have an abstract birth certificut, like my brother did that he used for baseball, trade it in for the regular one. Both the passport people and sports leagues don't accept them anymore. Well, at least in California and Texas).

11. lotsofboys

lotsofboys DIS Veteran

We did ours at home as well. For a family of 5 it is a significant cost savings and so easy to do yourself.

12. Keggy

Keggy <font color=blue>So this is a first for us<br><fon

I didn't realize you could do them yourself at home! I will get the guidelines from the website and just do my at home!

Much easier!

Kelly

13. mrsfuzzmo

mrsfuzzmo DIS Veteran

We've done ours at home for the last couple of passports (renewal, change of name and a new one). They have all worked out well.

14. Billinaz

Billinaz Waiting to spend time in our home away from home..

We needed to get 5 as well, and it was a great savings.

Just get the guideline for the head size and make a few different sizes of your photo. I transferred mine into Microsoft Word and after printing a rough draft I held the template behind the photo and got the exact size we needed.

15. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

Techinically, Little League has never accepted abstract birth certificates...however some local league weren't being very good about checking. Little League starting cracking down 5 years ago. Especially after the Danny Armana (sp) mess in the Little League World Series several years ago.

16. TootyJane

TootyJane DIS Veteran

Was just in the AAA website AAA California. Scroll down a bit. They say passport photos are $8 for members and $15 for non-members. Maybe it's different in every state or office?