Passport delayed/ID problem...Will I be able to cruise?

That is great they are rushing your passport. I wanted to say even if you do not - my parents just went through something similar with a short form bc. They are cruising NCL and were told they could use the short form bc - because that is all they have (they are older and pre 9/11 that was all that was needed). As long as it has the "raised seal" - which it does.

Hopefully is this a mute point and you get your passport! :goodvibes Have a great cruise! :cheer2:

And just to state the obvious - don't ever let your passport expire!! Much easier to renew than to go through this hassle again!! ::yes::

And just to state the obvious - don't ever let your passport expire!! Much easier to renew than to go through this hassle again!! ::yes::

As long as your passport has been issued within the last 15 years you are able to renew it. You NEED to send in the expired passport when you send in your renewal passport paperwork, that info is even listed on the State Dept. website.

We're going on a closed-loop cruise in September. It was my understanding that should you have to leave the cruise and fly back to the States (illness, accident, etc.) you MUST have a passport to re-enter. So, rather than take a chance, we're getting passports. May never need them again but better to be safe than sorry.
Hope your passport arrives in plenty of time and your cruise is wonderful!!

I prefer to have current passport, but I look at it as an invitation to the world.

I renewed all our passports last April because we moved to Fla and it was easier to get our driver's licenses/permits with passports (and Fla said they must be current). Since then, we've been on 2 cruises, I'm going on another, my 17 year old is going to France on a school spring break trip, and my 16 year old was just invited to go with a friend's family to St. Maarten in July. None of us may have gone on our trips if we'd had to get passports just for the trips, but it was a non-issue as we already have them. Trip to Canada or Mexico? We're ready!

We're not wealthy at all, but there are opportunities that come up and I'm glad we can take them because we have the passports.

Nancy

As long as your passport has been issued within the last 15 years you are able to renew it. You NEED to send in the expired passport when you send in your renewal passport paperwork, that info is even listed on the State Dept. website.

The one I sent them was issued more than 15 years ago. They are making a special exception because my BC apparently doesn't exist in the format they require anymore. I will be sure to never let this one expire!

Glad you got it all taken care of!

That is so odd that they sealed a BC when it was obviously an adoption that everyone knew about. And that they can't do anything more about it.

Usually a copy of a BC isn't good enough for boarding.

What won't work is a copy (photocopy) of anything.

What's interesting is the wording on the DCL page AND in the stuff they send before your cruise.

With the exception of the state issued birth certificate, photocopies of the above documents are not acceptable

That means photocopies of the birth certificate ARE acceptable.

Which is pretty weird to me, but they say it more than once and in different places.

It's moot for the OP because she now has her passport which she will never let expire, or at the very least renew at 14 years and 11 months from now, but I still find it interesting. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter