Passport at port question

schwenksvillemouse

DIS Veteran
I have traveled in Europe plenty time, all by plane, and I know I need to show my passport before I get on the plane, and when I arrive in the US.

How does it work when cruising? For example, in the Bahama's when do I need to show my passport? When I get off the boat, on the boat, or both?

Feedback would be appreciated.

I just got my info packet for our Feb cruise and I was reading the info. They said keep passport in locked safe in room. If worried carry a photocopy with you while in port. This is for a 3 night cruise though so we are only going to Nassau.

You do not need your passports when leaving or boarding the ship---only when you check in to the welcome center in the airport---unless you are leaving st. thomas and going to tortola for the dolphin excursion--then you need them--

Like others said, you just need your passport when checking in for the ship. When you get on and off the ship, you need to have your KTTW card and photo id (like drivers license). The ship clears customs as a whole, not individual guests. So once the ship is cleared, they just need to know that you are a guest on the ship (that's why you need the KTTW card for everyone) and the photo id to prove you are who you say you are (only needed for guests 18 and up). If you chose to use your passport as your photo id, that's fine. But I usually just lock it in the safe and bring my driver's license since it is more durable for travel.

You'll also need to show it when going through Immigration/Customs on the way back into the country after the cruise is over. But, yeah, after you're checked in, you won't need it at all on the cruise itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter