Passholders Offer For FREE "Leap Day Ears"

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by WEDWDW, Jan 5, 2012.

1. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

The first 1,000 Passholders to register will receive FREE commerative Ears and be among the first Guests to enter Magic Kingdom on Leap Day!:)

Registration begins January 9 at 3:00 PM EST and Guests must pick up their Ears at Magic Kingdom by 5:30 AM on Leap Day.:)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. notfrostyjosh

notfrostyjosh DIS Veteran

Ridiculous.

4. notnothin

notnothin A Pirate's Life For Me

Ah, what a wonderful promotion. :rolleyes:

5. ethanwa

ethanwa Disney Superfan

Where did you read this at, and where do we "register" at? (not that I'm actually going, just curious so others know)

6. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

Now I'm sold. ;)

I can confirm the offer, as I also got it in an email earlier today as an AP holder.

7. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

Passholders were provided a link in a Passholder email.:)

My "guess" is that the link will eventually be on the Passholder site as well.:)

Below is the info from the link.Sorry you're not going!:)

In celebration of Leap Day, both Magic Kingdom® Park in Florida and Disneyland® Park in California will be open for 24 hours straight*, beginning at 6 a.m. on 2/29/12, for you to enjoy select attractions and entertainment.

The first 1000 Walt Disney World® Passholders that sign-up online will have the opportunity to be a part of this historic event and will receive a special pair of commemorative Mouse ears.

Additional Information
    • Sign-up is only available online and is limited to Passholders only.
    • All Passholders (aged 3 and above) will need to show a confirmation voucher and valid Disney Annual/Seasonal Pass at the time of check-in. Passholders over the age of 18 will also need to show a photo ID.
    • Mouse ears are limited to one per Passholder. Passholder must be present at the event and checked-in by 5:30 a.m. to receive a pair of commemorative Mouse ears.
    • Passholders will receive a confirmation voucher via E-mail to the address provided during sign-up no later than January 24, 2012.

* Hours of operation are from 6 a.m. on 2/29/12 to 6 a.m. on 3/1/12. Subject to capacity restrictions. Valid Theme Park admission required.

8. LeslieLou

LeslieLou Mouseketeer

I'm an ap holder and I didn't receive said email...:sad1:

I'm really considering going too...fly in on 28 and stay one night, flying out march 1

9. ethanwa

ethanwa Disney Superfan

I'm also a passholder and didn't get the email.

10. suemom2kay

suemom2kay DIS Veteran

Can you have the ears sent back to your room while you tour the park sans commemorative ears... Mwah ha ha ha! :rotfl2:

I'm sure the distribution of said ears will be fun times for all! :lmao:

11. bouncycat

bouncycat DIS Veteran

Man, that's SUPER early!! I love ears, but yikes!! Sad thing is, I may actually have to go!! LOL

12. DRDISNEYMD

DRDISNEYMD *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A gi

LOL! The enthusiasm in this thread is just overwhelming! However, it is interesting that Disney is only giving the "ears" to Passholders. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's a great photo op to see 1000 people lined up at 5:30 AM. And yes, if I could I would be one of them. ;)

13. Bonniec

Bonniec DIS Veteran

Meh...I'll pass. Ears are cool and all but no way am I getting up before 5:30, lol (or staying all night).

14. d_lairson

d_lairson There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!

Am I the only one getting a little nervous about this. I still have not gotten an email about this and there is nothing on the passholder website about it. Does anyone have the link that we need?

15. amurra21

amurra21 280 vists and counting

Yep I really hope someone has the link!!! I'm definitely going and I want my free ears! :banana:

16. Annal606

Annal606 Mouseketeer

Can you have the ears sent back to your room while you tour the park sans commemorative ears.
    [​IMG]

17. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

Evidently,it isn't going to be announced on the Passholder site(unless they do it later today)which is surprising.:)

Below is the link I received in the email.I HOPE it works for you at 3:00 EST!:)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/OMDD

18. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

Here is the link from my email.:)

I hope it works for you and you can get some of the cool "Leap Ears"!:)

Have fun at "24 Hour MK Leap Day"!:)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/OMDD

19. amurra21

amurra21 280 vists and counting

Thanks guys for the link. I finally able to talk DBF into going. We only live 2 hrs away. This is going to be fun!!!!!!!!:cool1:

20. stargazertechie

stargazertechie Toy Story Midway Maniac

If DH and I are lucky enough, we'll be going.

21. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm DIS Veteran

I am toying with flying down as well, but I didnt get the email, so apparently Disney doesnt want me there! :rolleyes1

Thanks for the link all. So I have about an hour and a half to decide if we are actually going! :laughing:

I wonder what happens if you sign up and dont get there by 5:30. Will your ears be for sale later? Or just given to someone else that didnt sign up at 5:30?