Passed ROFR for First Purchase

Drewski77

Mouseketeer
We passed ROFR yesterday on our first DVC purchase, we are buying two 100 point contracts with the same UY for Grand Californian.

Very excited and the contracts have enough points for two trips next year, will be trying for a week in Aulani at the 7 month mark and then a week at the Grand Californian in the fall.

We'll see how long the next steps take, but no real rush. Thanks for everyone's help with the many questions I've asked the last couple months, much appreciated.

You must be so excited. Congratulations!!!

Yes, we are very excited! The Grand Californian is where we spent our honeymoon and while we like the Disneyland Hotel we absolutely love the Grand.

Very happy to know we'll be there for at least once a week each year for the next many, many years!

Congrats!! Been watching Aulani for quite some time now. (planning a vacation there myself within the next few years) If you are right on at 7 mos things there are pretty wide open. After a few weeks it become dicey. The thing that I notice the most about non-home Aulani reservations is that you shouldn't plan on the standard rooms. Those are iffy so give yourself a bit of wiggle room on your points in case you need to go pool view or ocean view (that'll cost ya)

Congrats!! Been watching Aulani for quite some time now. (planning a vacation there myself within the next few years) If you are right on at 7 mos things there are pretty wide open. After a few weeks it become dicey. The thing that I notice the most about non-home Aulani reservations is that you shouldn't plan on the standard rooms. Those are iffy so give yourself a bit of wiggle room on your points in case you need to go pool view or ocean view (that'll cost ya)

Thanks for the head up about Aulani. We purchased enough points to book an Ocean View Studio for a week during the time of year that will work for us. Hopefully this will give us the flexibility we need.

Why would one go to the Aulani and not get an ocean view room? :D
It's just too awesome to sit on the balcony, look at that ocean, step inside to get a refill of
your favorite adult beverage and snacks... Already have the room booked for next June...

Congratulations!!! We just put in our first offer for 200pts at BWV. We are in the long wait for ROFR and hoping Disney lets us have it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter