Pass thing I kept seeing today...

ter-moo

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has been covered here before: My daughter and I headed over to the parks before I drop her at college in Irvine, and we kept seeing people with these 3 x 5 sized passes getting onto EVERY ride (not just Fastpass rides) by going through the exit and to the front of the line. Sometimes they just SHOWED them to the CM, and sometimes the CM was collecting them. They weren't the little free fastpasses you get from the Disney hotels--at least not the same kind we got earlier this year that just looked like regular Fastpasses.

I kept saying to my daughter, "I consider myself to be pretty smart about Disneyland, but this is new to me!" What were these? How does one get them? Why hasn't this been all over the boards???? :confused3

I'm almost positive you're talking about a Guest Assistance Card which is intended to assist guests with disabilities, both seen and unseen.

Nope--none of these seemed to be GAC's. In fact, I saw one really large group with these cards talking to another guy (who was in the regular line at Alice in Wonderland with us) about the cost and whether it was worth it. And in every case, the person just waltzed to the front of the line with the card. :confused3

They were big index cards (not small driver's license sized ones) and I think they were either light green or yellow.

If it was a beige card (about 4 inches by 5 inches) and they were using it at the exit line--then it was a Guest Assistance Card. They may have been talking about something else as far as the "cost" (talking about getting an annual pass rather than a park hopper). There is no other card that you can purchase like you are describing.

GACs are tan with a blue border about a 4x6, and CMs look at them. There are also child swap passes that are colors, and CMs collect them.

Sorry, I just read your follow up. If they were yellow or green--I don't know what they were.

There are extra fast passes that are yellowish that we got for staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel--maybe it was that? They gave us them when we checked in--there were 3 for each person in our party.

I've had a green rider swap card before and a yellow one. Also, they used to give out yellow "FPs" that were good for any ride for specific instances.

They weren't like the GAC passes in the above picture. I thought about the child swap passes, but that group on Alice in Wonderland puzzled me. They had all ages with them (I think there were 8 of them altogether), and there would be no reason to do a child swap on that ride. :confused3

Maybe I'm just losing it... :lmao:

here's one of them

308033_2228687209343_1612730378_2222133_711680492_n.jpg

I saw people with these passess too when we were there at Christmas time and was wondering what they were. They are definately not any of those passes pictured above. It was really starting to irritate me too because we would stand in line forever and then large groups of giggly teenagers would waltz up through the exit and hop on the ride. At Mr. Toad we had to wait for 10 cars to go to them when we were at the front of the line. :confused3

My son has a disabled friend ( not really visible ) that has a card that looks different from any of these - and gets him and up to 5 others to the front of the line. I think it was tan and about 4x6. It has his name on it. He has an AP and keeps the pass - think it's good for 1 year but not sure.

Maybe 6 is TOO many to let in though.

Sorry if this has been covered here before: My daughter and I headed over to the parks before I drop her at college in Irvine, and we kept seeing people with these 3 x 5 sized passes getting onto EVERY ride (not just Fastpass rides) by going through the exit and to the front of the line. Sometimes they just SHOWED them to the CM, and sometimes the CM was collecting them. They weren't the little free fastpasses you get from the Disney hotels--at least not the same kind we got earlier this year that just looked like regular Fastpasses.

I kept saying to my daughter, "I consider myself to be pretty smart about Disneyland, but this is new to me!" What were these? How does one get them? Why hasn't this been all over the boards???? :confused3

Did it have a picture o Benjamin Franklin on it??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter