Party of 8 @ Sci-Fi

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by canadianminniemouse, Feb 12, 2013.

1. canadianminniemouse

canadianminniemouse Earning My Ears

2 years ago my family and I (DH, DS, DD and my parents) had such a great experience at Sci-Fi Dine-In that it was the only restaurant that my kids requested for our upcoming WDW trip. The last time, there were just 6 of us so we fit perfectly in one car but this time, my brother and SIL will be joining us. Has anyone eaten at Sci-Fi with a party of 8? I am wondering if we will be able to sit in cars or if we will have to sit at the tables that are in the back of the restaurant. I know there is at least one car that has a table in it and not rows of bench seats but from what I could tell from the pictures I've seen, it only seats 6 and is more designed for wheelchair accessibility.

Any help is appreciated! :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

We sat at a table for 4 and the 'car' we were in had another table for 4 in it. You don't face the screen. But you can still see it. But I know they will tell larger parties they may be split up. We made a ressie at the Plaza once and they told us we might be split up. We were a table of 3! I don't know if it ever happens but I want you to be prepared. JIC.

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

They'll split you into 2 adjacent cars if you're willing to do that.

5. GoofyinBuffalo

GoofyinBuffalo Earning My Ears

We were a party of 8 when we went there and we were put into two adjacent cars so there wasn't a problem with breaking up the party.

6. laughinplace199

laughinplace199 <font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><

How small/young are your kids? We easily fit our party of 7 in one car when our kids were a little younger. We probably could have squeezed 8 in if he had to.

7. canadianminniemouse

canadianminniemouse Earning My Ears

Thanks for your answers!

We wouldn't have a problem splitting the party. I am most concerned about being in a car. The kids would be disappointed if they don't get to sit in a car and my bro and sil would not get to experience Sci-Fi properly, IMO.

DS is 10 and DD is 5 and both are tall. 2 years ago we could have fit 7 in a single car but we've all grown (some up and some out! ;)) so I don't think 8 in a car this year would work.

Thanks again for your help!