Party of 8 is growing, arriving in 3 weeks!!

PiratesMommy

Earning My Ears
160 days ago, I booked ADR's for our party of 8 at CRT, chef mickeys, Cali grill, ohanas, le cellier, etc. I just found out that, last minute, there will be be an additional person tagging along on our trip. What should I do? Can I show up and add the person at the restaurants, or do I have to make all new ADRs??

You should try to make new ADRs. However, you have booked extremely popular restaurants and it will be difficult at this date to do so. You could also try to find an extra reservation for 1 or 2 and then ask that your parties be seated near each other, but that is difficult as the one extra person could still be seated away from everyone else.

If the restaurants are full to capacity at the time you show up, the extra person will not be admitted. If you choose to keep the ADRs you have, you should let your party know that one of your party may not be admitted to the restaurant.

Even if the restaurant is not full to capacity, your party of 8 is now a party of 9, which will need a larger table, so if they can accommodate your extra person you may have to wait longer for a larger table to be ready.

Thanks for your response. I had a feeling this might be a problem. I tried to get new ressies for 9, with no luck! The only must-do's for us are Cali grill & CM for my DS. Can you show up to a reservation minus one person and still be seated?

Showing up with fewer people than your reservation is usually much easier than showing up with more. However, I would suggest you not try that for California Grill as there is a no-show fee there. From what I understand, the fee is charged for absent party members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter