Party of 5's First family trip to WDW! Just back from POR 6/16 *update 8/13 thoughts

Boy I wish I was only 7 hours away by car. *sniff sniff* It would take us something insane like 24 hours to drive.

Are you two planning a little DIS meet while you are there?

Allyson

It's quite dangerous being so close.

We are definitely hoping to run into each other! :goodvibes

Yes of course we will see each other, after all it's JUST going to be our families, Lesleys, Lynn's, ILUVXU, and Jenn's families there!:rotfl2: :laughing:

Sorry that you are 24 hour car ride away.... that stinks!! :(

Hey there! I stumbled upon your PTR and wanted to say hello. You have a really lovely family. :) 5 days...wow!

Yes of course we will see each other, after all it's JUST going to be our families, Lesleys, Lynn's, ILUVXU, and Jenn's families there!:rotfl2: :laughing:

I thought everyone already knew that!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl: Now THAT would be a FABULOUS trip! ;)

Okay, Chuck will be packing up the laptop tonight so have a wonderful trip filled with plenty of pixie dust! We'll be looking forward to hearing all about it!!!!

Hey there! I stumbled upon your PTR and wanted to say hello. You have a really lovely family. :) 5 days...wow!

Thank you for the sweet words :goodvibes ... It looks like our kids are the exact same ages except your boy is your youngest... Are you planning on doing a PTR or TR? I would love to hear about the family suites... :)

I thought everyone already knew that!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl: Now THAT would be a FABULOUS trip! ;)

Yes That would be a fab trip!!!

Okay, Chuck will be packing up the laptop tonight so have a wonderful trip filled with plenty of pixie dust! We'll be looking forward to hearing all about it!!!!
thanks our trips will be filled with pixie dust for sure! :)

Thanks Jackie for the directions....

So today I finished up my shopping I got our sunscreen, ponchos and the very LAST MISTER FAN at walmart!! I have most of our snacks but still need to get water and some chips b/c guess what we FINALLY decided our mode of transportation!!!........

Which way will we be traveling to Disney you ask??

The car...... as much as we would love to fly and get there earlier. It just isn't worth the S-T-R-E-S-S involved with flying standy on full flights.

Plus the whole packing thing is a problem with what we would like to bring and need to bring.. this just makes it soo easier to throw everything in the car and go! plus we can now drive to the parks if we decide the buses stink!
( I am very worried about our@ 8am adr)

The gas is going to kill us, but we never would have even considered flying if the cost of gas was what it used to be to begin with... so we'll just have to suck it up!

So our plan is to leave Sunday am by 7, we'll see if that works or not... it should be. MY Dh is used to getting up in the middle of the night for work anyway.

This time next week we will either be back at HS or checking our AK in the pm...

There is my update for today!!!:)

Whew! I'm glad you finally decided. I wouldn't mind driving either, but DH said his time is more valuable. I wanted my kids to see different states like I did when I traveled as a kid. He told me they can see them from the air.:rotfl:
Hopefully we'll still be able to afford to fly next year with the way things are going. And now my cheap airfare out of Detroit is going bye bye. Spirit is closing their hub in Detroit.:( :( :(

Whew! I'm glad you finally decided. I wouldn't mind driving either, but DH said his time is more valuable. I wanted my kids to see different states like I did when I traveled as a kid. He told me they can see them from the air.:rotfl:
Hopefully we'll still be able to afford to fly next year with the way things are going. And now my cheap airfare out of Detroit is going bye bye. Spirit is closing their hub in Detroit.:( :( :(

I know, I think airfare is going to keep going up, the way Americans travel is going to change big time over the next few years I think.

I'm glad that you have your travel plans finalized -- that must be a relief!

4 Days! We only have 4 Days! :yay:

Yes it is a huge relief now, I can actually start to pack! and do all my lists!

I just tried out the new mister fan and it appears to work pretty darn good! I am sure we will be using that alot! :)

Happy Wednesday everyone!!!

This time next week..... Mk and lunch at CP! wishes parade at night.

Yes it is a huge relief now, I can actually start to pack! and do all my lists!

I just tried out the new mister fan and it appears to work pretty darn good! I am sure we will be using that alot! :)

Happy Wednesday everyone!!!

This time next week..... Mk and lunch at CP! wishes parade at night.

It's funny to me that next Wednesday Tim and Lesley are doing breakfast at CP, you guys are doing lunch, and we are doing dinner.

We are also planning on the parade and wishes -- too bad there isn't a special DIS section for us all to sit in!

Judging by the blast of heat I just encountered when I walked to the mailbox just now, that mister fan will come in handy!

Aw, thank you! Our trip is really far away but I'll definitely be doing a TR. In the meantime, I'll stay entertained with you guys here on the Dis. Can't wait to read more. :)

Wednesday is a big day at MK.... we are there too!

Glad you finally know how you are going!

Aw, thank you! Our trip is really far away but I'll definitely be doing a TR. In the meantime, I'll stay entertained with you guys here on the Dis. Can't wait to read more. :)

oh good, can't wait to read about your TR :)

Looks like June 8 is a great day to go to Disney :goodvibes
Hope to see lots of Lime green there!

yes yay to lime green!!! Have a magical trip also!

Wednesday is a big day at MK.... we are there too!

Glad you finally know how you are going!

Great more diser's to look for :) yes such a relief to finally know!
one day for you :)

3 days!!!!! :cheer2:

ok here is my latest problem... and I don't know how long this info has been posted, but I JUST FOUND out last night...:confused3 I was double checking stuff on TGM then came across this post about Ak adding another EMH day while we are there... So I went and double checked WDW calendar and sure enough yep they added another EMH am on Friday the 13th..

(after just typing that I also just realized Friday the 13th.. yikes) anyhoo...

This is our only am RD day and we also have an 8 am adr @ tusker house...
TGM has updated anything so it still shows it as a green am... so know I don't know WHAT to do!!

Do I leave it alone and just hope the crowds aren't to crazy and accept the fact that we will miss out on "ride time" for the first hour.. or do I try and change our ressie for later in the am... which will then possibly screw up our afternoon lunch plans.... I am soo confused ... any input advice??

If we leave it alone does anyone know if we will be able to get some FP right away??

It's funny to me that next Wednesday Tim and Lesley are doing breakfast at CP, you guys are doing lunch, and we are doing dinner.

We are also planning on the parade and wishes -- too bad there isn't a special DIS section for us all to sit in!

Okay, now I am just jealous--you all are partying at the CP without me!!! ;) ;) :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: But it is funny how all of us are going to be in MK that day!!! Someone is BOUND to run into someone else!! Look forward to seeing who sees whom in our TRs!!!!

Love the idea of a special section just for us DISers!!! I'll tell you how to find me though at the parade and Wishes---I'll be the one all choked up and crying---DOES THAT HELP?!?!?!? :rotfl: :lmao: ::yes:: :rotfl2:

3 days!!!!! :cheer2:

ok here is my latest problem... and I don't know how long this info has been posted, but I JUST FOUND out last night...:confused3 I was double checking stuff on TGM then came across this post about Ak adding another EMH day while we are there... So I went and double checked WDW calendar and sure enough yep they added another EMH am on Friday the 13th..

(after just typing that I also just realized Friday the 13th.. yikes) anyhoo...

This is our only am RD day and we also have an 8 am adr @ tusker house...
TGM has updated anything so it still shows it as a green am... so know I don't know WHAT to do!!

Do I leave it alone and just hope the crowds aren't to crazy and accept the fact that we will miss out on "ride time" for the first hour.. or do I try and change our ressie for later in the am... which will then possibly screw up our afternoon lunch plans.... I am soo confused ... any input advice??

If we leave it alone does anyone know if we will be able to get some FP right away??

To be honest, I would leave well enough alone -- you could call and check on a later ADR for Tusker House, but to be honest, I bet there isn't anything anymore. Do you have any other AK days planned?

I don't know about fast passes. :confused3

Okay, now I am just jealous--you all are partying at the CP without me!!! ;) ;) :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: But it is funny how all of us are going to be in MK that day!!! Someone is BOUND to run into someone else!! Look forward to seeing who sees whom in our TRs!!!!

Love the idea of a special section just for us DISers!!! I'll tell you how to find me though at the parade and Wishes---I'll be the one all choked up and crying---DOES THAT HELP?!?!?!? :rotfl: :lmao: ::yes:: :rotfl2:

:lmao: Except I may not be able to see you through my own sentimental tears!

I say we all meet in Frontierland/Liberty Square to watch the parade! ::yes:: That's our usual spot.

To be honest, I would leave well enough alone -- you could call and check on a later ADR for Tusker House, but to be honest, I bet there isn't anything anymore. Do you have any other AK days planned?

I don't know about fast passes. :confused3

:lmao: Except I may not be able to see you through my own sentimental tears!

I say we all meet in Frontierland/Liberty Square to watch the parade! ::yes:: That's our usual spot.

yep that is where we will probably watch too..

I think I am going to just leave the Tusker house alone.. I could try, I have been starring at the phone all morning... but after I went and looked at what was actually opened for EMH anyway.. it didn't really wow me b/c Emma can't do the big ticket items anyway so well try and get FP as soon as we get in and right after TH and just hope the crowds are already to crowded
It is really our only planned day there.. so well just have to see what happens.

Well I am not sure who is still left reading this PTR , as I know most of the ones already left for Disney...Have a great Trip everyone!!! :)

so today will be spent doing more laundry, organizing and packing!! I still need to get to the store and get our chips and water. I went to Home Depot yesterday and got some Lime green mickey heads to put in our hotel window,and attach to my bag.. so if anyone passes us, please say " hi"

This time next week.... we will be getting up early and going to Tusker house for our early ADR ( I decided to just leave it alone) we will spend how ever long we can take AK for.. then go back to hotel for swim and rest and the night is open for whatever we want...

I can't believe in 2 days we will be at Disney!!!!

I think you made the right decision to leave the Tusker House ressie alone. I wouldn't stress about it at all. 2 days....yay! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter