PART TWO *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cybrkitn said:
That's good to know! We'll be there on 12/2 as well :goodvibes: We've got ADRs for H&V since 50's PT was booked.

We are hopping to DHS this evening also!! Crazy... we all have the same plan!

You could add them on down there... We use them but it works with our schedule set up.... How much is it again? $55?

Personally I like the freedom of skipping around too- however you also have a lot of ADRs too.. Right?

Yup, $55 per person. And yes, we have lots of ADRs. Usually a breakfast and a dinner. But it would allow us to move around for PM EMHs.

I recommend Park Hoppers to all of my friends and family. We don't follow a strict schedule, and there have been many times we have gone to a park, found it too crowded and hopped to a different park. AK and DHS don't take all day, so it goes the option of 2 parks on those days.

Our AK day we have a 5PM California Grill ADR, so I figured we'd leave the park by 3PM at the latest to head to AoA, change, and then to the ADR. Then, I think we'll monorail hop for a bit to see resort decorations before heading back to California Grill or the Polynesian beach to watch fireworks. It's our only "free" night, so I doubt we'll head to a park. Plus, I think we'll end up at Jellyrolls that night, too.

It's weird, some people say DHS doesn't take a full day, and others say they need two days. I'm incredibly confused as to how to plan our day(s) there. My TA has us there for an AM EMH + most of the day for one day (before heading to a 6PM showing of Cirque du Soleil), plus another full day later in the week.

cybrkitn said:
DH and DS were watching the game while I was catching up here with 4 pages to read. I heard DH yell, "YES!" NYY won!

DS was mad when he found out that Lou Ford is with the Orioles now. He was part of the Long Island Ducks not too long ago. DS got his autograph when DH took him to a game.

Wow! Page 240 and just 10 pages to go. We will definitely be on the 3rd incarnation of this thread before the weekend is out.

Small world... Lew Ford is from our town.

My TA (yes, I booked with a TA...before I learned of the DIS) is trying to convince me into adding park hoppers onto our tickets. I'm not sure when we'd use it based on our schedule. I'm gonna ask her when she thinks we would use it. I'm torn about it. Thoughts?

I like having hoppers only because we end up hopping a lot. We usually start with one park in the morning, take a break and then end the night at another park. Even if you have plans to stay at one park all day, you never know when you may want to change the plan. For example DH and I were at HS one day and it was hot and miserable and really crowded. Even though we did not plan on leaving HS we decided to hop on a boat to Epcot. It was great to have that freedom. :)

levenhopper said:
Yup, $55 per person. And yes, we have lots of ADRs. Usually a breakfast and a dinner. But it would allow us to move around for PM EMHs.

Our AK day we have a 5PM California Grill ADR, so I figured we'd leave the park by 3PM at the latest to head to AoA, change, and then to the ADR. Then, I think we'll monorail hop for a bit to see resort decorations before heading back to California Grill or the Polynesian beach to watch fireworks. It's our only "free" night, so I doubt we'll head to a park. Plus, I think we'll end up at Jellyrolls that night, too.

It's weird, some people say DHS doesn't take a full day, and others say they need two days. I'm incredibly confused as to how to plan our day(s) there. My TA has us there for an AM EMH + most of the day for one day (before heading to a 6PM showing of Cirque du Soleil), plus another full day later in the week.

I think 2 days at DHS is a waste personally, I don't think we have ever spent 2 full days there.

levenhopper said:

I don't think 2 full days is needed there... Unless you want to ride RnR, ToT, ST over and over again. I think one day there is more than enough. However it is a great place to "hop" to - to do one or two of those rides. I think HS is also easy to get around it doesn't have as much ground to cover as the other parks...

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Ok guys I really want to do Chef Mickey's but I can't find any openings that aren't at 9pm the week of Dec. 10-16. If anyone sees any let me know please. Should I be stalking dining reservations daily?

Yes
Kinda need to at this point.

My TA (yes, I booked with a TA...before I learned of the DIS) is trying to convince me into adding park hoppers onto our tickets. I'm not sure when we'd use it based on our schedule. I'm gonna ask her when she thinks we would use it. I'm torn about it. Thoughts?

Post your abbreviated schedule again. That will help me in advice giving.

I love having park hoppers, I don't think we have ever not had them. We 'plan' where to start our day but usually never end the day in the same park. This trip we only have 3 day tickets, so hopping will be a mist to see everything we want too

It's a COLD, FROSTY morning here in PA. We have a 2 year olds birthday party to go to today. His momma is a Disney fanatic too and the party theme is Mickeys clubhouse. I can't wait to see it, she said she's doing a 'hot dog bar' for food, lol. Gotta love Pinterest

Good morning! I realised last night I was out of milk so I got up at 7am to go get some and you never guess what?!?! A box of doughnuts (or donuts as you guys say ;) ) FELL INTO MY BASKET. I was so mortified I thought I better eat them quick because WHO KNOWS who they could have attacked next. I know, striving for a safer world each day. You're welcome.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Ok guys I really want to do Chef Mickey's but I can't find any openings that aren't at 9pm the week of Dec. 10-16. If anyone sees any let me know please. Should I be stalking dining reservations daily?

Stalking is good. You never now when that window of opportunity will open.

It really depends on you. I know some that cannot live without them .... I thought we couldn't but when I reflect, we don't hop enough and its not a necessity. We don't have them this trip and I am totally comfortable with that. You can add at anytime so, if you feel you need them, add there. Don't buy now and then regret that you didn't use them enough.

Ok DHS is a park I really enjoy - I love the atmosphere, the look of it (its beautiful at night when lit up) I love the shows and I'm a Star Wars freak so love the SW shop.

I wouldn't say it was a two-day park at all but it is most definitely a full day park - I had to make sure I schedule this day to co-incide with EMH.

Ummmm, no offense, but I don't think your TA has been to Disney :rotfl2:

It's a COLD, FROSTY morning here in PA. We have a 2 year olds birthday party to go to today. His momma is a Disney fanatic too and the party theme is Mickeys clubhouse. I can't wait to see it, she said she's doing a 'hot dog bar' for food, lol. Gotta love Pinterest

It's a blustery 80 degrees here. But windy and dry! Love the dry! We are going to a 3 year old's b'day party next weekend with the same theme. I am excited! :thumbsup2

tofubeast said:
It's a blustery 80 degrees here. But windy and dry! Love the dry! We are going to a 3 year old's b'day party next weekend with the same theme. I am excited! :thumbsup2

80*!!!! Wow! All though I'm ready for winter so that all these germs can get killed off around here. We had practically no winter last year and we are paying for it with sickness.

80*!!!! Wow! All though I'm ready for winter so that all these germs can get killed off around here. We had practically no winter last year and we are paying for it with sickness.

same here in Iowa...not a bad winter last year, add that to all the flooding last summer and now the drought this summer and fall,....I would like it to freezew hard, kill off the germs and rain to hold off the allergies.....woke up today to hopefully find the rain they called for-ya, no rain, but it does feel a bit like a Dec Florida morning....we tend to mention that alot when we are counting the days til we go! a bit humid, hazy, and warm....just no rain! Really hoping for a ton of snow and cold here when we are in Disney where it will hopefully be warm!

We also didn't have a winter - it was so mild that bugs (especially fleas) have been a huge problem this year because the cold didn't kill them/lay them dormant etc.

Mind you, spose it was making up to 2010 when we had a snowstorm - it never snows here!

Happy Saturday All! I've noticed that WDW hasn't put out a numbered map of the Fantasyland Expansion. They love their secrets!

Soooo, I made one in Photoshop by combining the hi-res graphic that Disney gave out and information provided by talented and dedicated DISboarder Robo who has been keeping up on attraction locations on a sattelite map. Here is a board-friendly version:

fantasyland_expansion_small.jpg

And here is a link to the big version CLICK HERE

Enjoy! :goodvibes

On the 1 or 2 day DHS debate it really depends on how many of the stage/stunt shows you want to take in and still enjoy the rides. With the Indy Stunt Show, LMA, Beauty and the Beast, and Fantasmic! you have a pretty full day if you can even make the scheduling work. Add on to that ToT, RnRC, TSM, Muppets, and more and you're easily beyond a day. If you want to see everything you're probably looking at a day and a half. If you can miss some stuff a day will do you.

And since we're on the subject of DHS, I've done some combing of the thread and haven't found an answer to a question so I'll put it here and see what y'all have to say on the matter:

Is it really possible to see the turn on of the Osborne Lights and enjoy it ...and catch Fantasmic!? Or is it possible to watch Fantasmic! and still have enough time to go over and really take in the lights?

On another subject, I've read several posts about the wait for Neil Patrick Harris's reading of the Story of Christmas/Candlelight Processional. He seems to be the one to see and he is doing his last night the day we fly in. I've heard his line can stretch down to Canada, even with the Processional Dining Package. Is it worth it to pay the premium for the dining package if the line is still going to be that long?

Good call on the doughnuts Wedgie, good way to start your weekend :thumbsup2

We're finally getting some rain today, which I'm actually happy about. We've had a long summer with higher than seasonal temps and this is the first rain we've seen in months. Tomorrow will be cloudy and cool, which also works as we plan on taking our girls to a local farm/pumpkin patch :goodvibes

Can you change us on roll call for the 3rd to Boardwalk Villas? Never been there before, but we decided to give it a try this time. Hopefully this will be our last change :)

We are getting so excited. So much work left to do, but the new FLE pics are making me unable to do much else other than plan!

We are hopping to DHS this evening also!! Crazy... we all have the same plan!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm making sure to have my LGMH tag on my hip pouch, aka fanny pack, and possibly on my back pack as well. I know Home Depot doesn't have them anymore, but if you Google it and click on images, you will get a lot of LGMH's from the here that can be used to make one.

Happy Saturday All! I've noticed that WDW hasn't put out a numbered map of the Fantasyland Expansion. They love their secrets!

Soooo, I made one in Photoshop by combining the hi-res graphic that Disney gave out and information provided by talented and dedicated DISboarder Robo who has been keeping up on attraction locations on a sattelite map. Here is a board-friendly version:

Happy Saturday! Thanks so much for that! You work is appreciated :goodvibes

On the 1 or 2 day DHS debate it really depends on how many of the stage/stunt shows you want to take in and still enjoy the rides. With the Indy Stunt Show, LMA, Beauty and the Beast, and Fantasmic! you have a pretty full day if you can even make the scheduling work. Add on to that ToT, RnRC, TSM, Muppets, and more and you're easily beyond a day. If you want to see everything you're probably looking at a day and a half. If you can miss some stuff a day will do you.

I agree with the above but if you have evening EMH you might just squeeze it all in.

Is it really possible to see the turn on of the Osborne Lights and enjoy it ...and catch Fantasmic!? Or is it possible to watch Fantasmic! and still have enough time to go over and really take in the lights?

The latter yes. If F! is at 6.30, you'll be in Streets of American by 7.30 at the latest so that give you 30mins (the show is 10ins long) if my recall memory serves me right.

On another subject, I've read several posts about the wait for Neil Patrick Harris's reading of the Story of Christmas/Candlelight Processional. He seems to be the one to see and he is doing his last night the day we fly in. I've heard his line can stretch down to Canada, even with the Processional Dining Package. Is it worth it to pay the premium for the dining package if the line is still going to be that long?

If you are scheduled for a NPH night then I would DEFINITELY do the package. That way you get in the CP Package line which is way shorter.

Good call on the doughnuts Wedgie, good way to start your weekend :thumbsup2

Thank you, it was something I just had to do .... for humanity. :teeth:

We're finally getting some rain today, which I'm actually happy about. We've had a long summer with higher than seasonal temps and this is the first rain we've seen in months. Tomorrow will be cloudy and cool, which also works as we plan on taking our girls to a local farm/pumpkin patch :goodvibes

We've had some rain recently which has been a good thing, we really need it! Hope the weather holds out for your trip tomorrow.

Small world... Lew Ford is from our town.

And here I thought he was from Long Island since he was playing for a baseball team that is local.

The Long Island Ducks are part of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball (the ALPB). The MLB recruits new players from this league (and I'm guessing other leagues like it).

ksromack said:
I bought the Canon Power Shot SX260HS. It was around $300 when I bought it right after christmas......I do not love it, but I don't hate it either. I specifically bought it for this trip and I promised myself I'd use it so that I'd know the ins and outs of it.....but I always find myself using my dSLR all the time because it takes such fantastic pictures. On the upside, the new camera came with a darling wrap around short tripod.....I envisioned wrapping it around a tree or some fixture so I could take good fireworks pictures at MK. :lmao::lmao::lmao: It's small enough to throw in my small cross-body bag but who am I kidding....I'll probably use my Rebel more than anything. I will try to make myself use this silly camera between now and December.....did I mention that I don't love it?

Yeah, I have one of the upper end Powershots too. And I know it's a good camera every time I pick up one of the cheaper P&S that belong to other family members. But if the pic is important, I have to pull out the DSLR. My problem is I can't carry the DSLR every day in the park. Too heavy and it bothers my back. So I have to make tradeoffs. Also, I mostly take stills but the Powershot is good when I really want video, like for Jedi Training.

I also have a small tripod by Gorillapod. Mine is sized to support the weight of the DSLR. I love it for fireworks and Illuminations. It's perfect on the fences surrounding the lagoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter