PART TWO *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome mnmrmustard!! Adding you to the Roll Call now!! :banana:

Page 200!! WOOT!!! Keep chatting everyone! Part THREE is on its way!

mnmrmustard said:
Thank you, happy to be on board! :cool1: Originally we were going to just put up our standard LGMH countdown calendar a month out and see how long it would take them to see it up there.

But our girls are older and MUCH craftier now so we decided to make it a challenge. We are doing a combo WDW/WWoHP trip - both girls LOVE Harry Potter. So in relation to that we're going to leave daily Harry Potter-themed picture clues around the house. More details on the look of it and how we're going to do it in my PTR (see link in my siggy)

Thankyee! :goodvibes It is hard some days not telling them ...especially if one of them is having a bad day. But we are just over 2 weeks out from laying out our first clue. It will be very interesting to see how long it takes them to figure it all out ;)

That sounds like fun!! I'm so horrible at keeping secrets. So far I have 2 that I have to keep and it's driving me crazy ;) you will have to fill us in as you drop clues.

tofubeast said:
Welcome mnmrmustard!! Adding you to the Roll Call now!! :banana:

Page 200!! WOOT!!! Keep chatting everyone! Part THREE is on its way!

At this rate any day now!!!

rubybpc said:
we almost have the same dates! What convinced me was knowing how packed it was going to be that week and the great advantage we'd have with the MVMCP as far as less crowds and more time for us to ride attractions and do more.

We'll be at MVMCP on the 21st! We're going mainly for the lower crowds and seeing it snow on Main Street will be great. But, we're adults with no kids so it won't be hard for us to stay the entire time and "get our money's worth" out of the event.

M&MGirl1 said:
We'll be at MVMCP on the 21st! We're going mainly for the lower crowds and seeing it snow on Main Street will be great. But, we're adults with no kids so it won't be hard for us to stay the entire time and "get our money's worth" out of the event.

Someone else celebrating my birthday! So sweet to think of me. :D

Happy Tuesday everybody, I am so excited 62 days to go. Also I started to get antsy just staying home with the babies and going to school, part time so I applied for a job at close by but it's at a rehab center which I have never done and it's more of a manager position. Anyways I went today and I got the job!! It's good because I work only on weekends and can pick up more time if I want to, kinda nervous leaving my baby home. He will be with my mother but he is BFed and is very spoiled and normally only wants to be with his mommy ;). Hope all goes well training starts next weekend.

Back to the world, I am pretty excited about everything being up and running for our visit. I really hope DH loves it. I mean I have already talked Him into APs, since we have planned to take the kids for their first trip in September 2013. I have been trying to change the park order because now we do have more time. Does anyone with an AP find themselves hopping to other parks more? Well if I am not back on hope everyone has a great week.

Congrats on the job! More spending money :)

So, I've been sitting on full payment for months. Its just what I do. I don't pay til I have to.

Advice: I've been hearing about this Target debit card. I'm assuming there are no fees, its just something linked to my bank account. Although is there a spending limit?

Because I'm thinking, should I put the amount (Just under 6k) on Disney gift cards to get a 5% discount and pay my balance that way? Or am I missing something?

TIA :)

My Target only let me spend $500 on each transaction. I've only used my Target Red card 3 times and the last time it wouldn't let me spend more than the $500. I think it's only for the first couple of months though....the spending limit. Has anyone else run into this? I'll be getting my final $500 worth of Target Disney Cards this friday and paying off my balance then. Woohoo! I would get all you can with your Target debit card. 5% is more spending money on your trip!

ksromack said:
Brilliant! I will definitely be doing this. I want to save all receipts so I can calculate what we would have spent had we NOT been on the DDP.....I'm so bad about saving receipts so this is the perfect solution!

Oooh, good idea. I think I'll add that to my list

Tltorrez said:
Always. Although now that I wear glasses full time, I have no idea what I'm going to do. I can see without them but its nice to actually be able to see things clearly. And I don't want to carry 2 pair.

Ugh! No something I wanted to think about.

I have the same issue, I keep a hard case in my backpack an switch back and forth but it can be a pain especially if I forget

I don't know how I missed this thread so I now have a LOT of catching up to do!

Here's the skinny on us:

When: Nov 29th to Dec 8th

Where: POP Century

Who: Me (Mike - age 43), DW (Roxy - age 38), DD1 (PumpkinGirl - age 16), and DD2 (Bean - age 13)

Why: First time traveling to 'the World' at Christmastime!!!!! And as a bonus our kids have no idea we're going, they think I'm planning for a trip in December of 2013!

Welcome! You have lots of catching up to do alright. ;) We're working on our second set of 250 pages for this thread alone :scared1:

mnmrmustard said:
I don't know how I missed this thread so I now have a LOT of catching up to do!

Here's the skinny on us:

When: Nov 29th to Dec 8th

Where: POP Century

Who: Me (Mike - age 43), DW (Roxy - age 38), DD1 (PumpkinGirl - age 16), and DD2 (Bean - age 13)

Why: First time traveling to 'the World' at Christmastime!!!!! And as a bonus our kids have no idea we're going, they think I'm planning for a trip in December of 2013!

We'll be at POP at the same time, except we'll get there a few days later. Welcome to the thread.

Tonight was Cinderella Movie Night! Love the bonus features showing the new FLE!!!!! Appetizer was the Campbell's Princess Soup:

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

And dessert was Princess cookies! I melted chocolate chips and spread a nice layer on the underside of these.....just to give them a little more flavor :stir:

IMG_0370.jpg

ksromack said:
Tonight was Cinderella Movie Night! Love the bonus features showing the new FLE!!!!! Appetizer was the Campbell's Princess Soup:

And dessert was Princess cookies! I melted chocolate chips and spread a nice layer on the underside of these.....just to give them a little more flavor :stir:

Fun dinner! And a great idea to add some chocolate to the sugar cookies - yum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter