PART FOUR!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I could think at 6am this morning when it was 32 degrees and I was scraping ice off my car windows so I could get to work was, thank goodness one week from today I will be at WDW!! :rotfl:

And to everyone who is celebrating today:

wdw_thanksgiving_jumbo.jpg

Just log in on Disney's site, click on your reservations, and at the top should be a little reminder that you can do Online Check-in. It'll walk you through it, then when you get to your resort, you can go to the Online Check-in counter which is usually shorter. They'll have your KTTW cards and the rest of your package all ready for you. :thumbsup2

I have a room only reservation for our first night at POR......this is because the Free Dining Plan started on the 10th and we were arriving on the 9th. So one night Room Only and the last 7nights a package with FD. Do you think it would be complicated to do online check in for me?

Good Morning All! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Be thankful for yesterday and appreciate today. You never know what tomorrow holds.

Amen sista!

All I could think at 6am this morning when it was 32 degrees and I was scraping ice off my car windows so I could get to work was, thank goodness one week from today I will be at WDW!! :rotfl:

And to everyone who is celebrating today:

wdw_thanksgiving_jumbo.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
I hope everyone has a blessed day with friends and family....and as my public service announcement, special blessings to those who's loved one(s) are deployed and are unable to be with their families!

I have a room only reservation for our first night at POR......this is because the Free Dining Plan started on the 10th and we were arriving on the 9th. So one night Room Only and the last 7nights a package with FD. Do you think it would be complicated to do online check in for me?

Hmmm... I'm not sure. What do you see when you log in on Disney's site? Do you have 1 reminder to check-in online or 2? I would still think you'd be able to do online check-in for the first night anyways, then when you get there you could ask them how it works for the rest of your package. I've never done it before, but I'm wondering if you'll just have to go to the front desk to check-in on your second day there to update your KTTW cards to include the dining plan and tickets? No clue, just thinking out loud basically.

Wow, I missed a whole (week)day and only had to catch up on 6 pages?!? Sweet! :rotfl: Everybody must be super busy getting ready for Thanksgiving ... I got home from the mainland at 10pm last night and found out this morning that we're having lunch at a cousin's house, and my grandmother instructed me not to make anything, so I get a nice relaxing holiday. Since my uncle who usually hosts this Thanksgiving passed away earlier this year I wasn't sure what we'd be doing or if I'd even be here given that I fly standby, but it'll be nice to see the extended family.
Congratulations! That is good news. I know you wanted to come to California but honestly the state is so messed up right now, I would move away if I had the chance!
Thank you. Its funny I hear a lot of Californians saying that these days ... yet there's still hundreds of people at every test I go to for jobs ... grass is always greener.
Today we have to go apply for our marriage license. One of the least fun and exciting parts of all of this, haha.
I actually liked the marriage license part. It lends the whole occasion gravitas, makes it real. Because, in the end, a wedding is just a party to celebrate the marriage, and the marriage is when you strip it down: a contract.
Congrats! I hope you are able to plan that 2013 trip!

I'm in the process of putting together a cover letter for a job opening in my area. I was a receptionist for almost 10 years before getting laid off 3 years ago. There hasn't really been much available in my field. Those that are, are too far away and I wouldn't be able to pick up DS10 from his school's aftercare program in time. Plus now with the holiday rush upon us, most companies are only looking for seasonal help or temporary work, which I can't do.

My only problem is putting together the cover letter. For me, that is the most difficult thing for me to do. I always wind up getting writer's block, even looking at the samples online to help me out. DH said he will help me out today with it. He has more experience with cover letters than I do.
Thanks, DH isn't budging on the idea of a 2nd WDW trip yet, listing airfare as his main objection. And he's right, it would be high airfare. But I can't help but thinking $3 APs + we could just use a few DVC points and getting a WDW trip for the cost of airfare? When is it ever going to be that easy again? Come on, enablers, help me think of some more arguments ...

For the cover letter, I liked a book called The Perfect Cover Letter, because it gives you hundreds of generic examples for people in different stages of various careers and situations ... I often start with a couple of lines copied and pasted from those examples, then start writing what should come next, then I go back at the end and change the copy/pasted ones later. They are a beast to write though. I always feel kind of phony talking myself up and selling myself. Partly a hazard of being female (and Asian) I think, haveing been taught all throughout my life to be humble and not brag.
Just completed online check-in! 10 Days! So excited pixiedust:
Oooh, I should go do that!

I also get to start doing the single digit dance today! party:

I'm finally able to start getting excited! When I left my best friend's house yesterday, I said to him "I'll see you ... in a week! IN FLORIDA!" and that's when it hit me that its really that close! Must start packing now ...

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Happy Turkey Day to all my fellow Dis Roll Call Buddies! May you all have a fantastic holiday!

IMG_0579.jpg

Foo-foo coffee with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.....doesn't get much better than that....oh, wait......yes it can! Foo-foo coffee in my POR resort room :) ::yes::

taaren said:
Wow, I missed a whole (week)day and only had to catch up on 6 pages?!? Sweet! :rotfl: Everybody must be super busy getting ready for Thanksgiving ... I got home from the mainland at 10pm last night and found out this morning that we're having lunch at a cousin's house, and my grandmother instructed me not to make anything, so I get a nice relaxing holiday. Since my uncle who usually hosts this Thanksgiving passed away earlier this year I wasn't sure what we'd be doing or if I'd even be here given that I fly standby, but it'll be nice to see the extended family.

Thank you. Its funny I hear a lot of Californians saying that these days ... yet there's still hundreds of people at every test I go to for jobs ... grass is always greener.

I actually liked the marriage license part. It lends the whole occasion gravitas, makes it real. Because, in the end, a wedding is just a party to celebrate the marriage, and the marriage is when you strip it down: a contract.

Thanks, DH isn't budging on the idea of a 2nd WDW trip yet, listing airfare as his main objection. And he's right, it would be high airfare. But I can't help but thinking $3 APs + we could just use a few DVC points and getting a WDW trip for the cost of airfare? When is it ever going to be that easy again? Come on, enablers, help me think of some more arguments ...

For the cover letter, I liked a book called The Perfect Cover Letter, because it gives you hundreds of generic examples for people in different stages of various careers and situations ... I often start with a couple of lines copied and pasted from those examples, then start writing what should come next, then I go back at the end and change the copy/pasted ones later. They are a beast to write though. I always feel kind of phony talking myself up and selling myself. Partly a hazard of being female (and Asian) I think, haveing been taught all throughout my life to be humble and not brag.

Oooh, I should go do that!

Marriage... A contract... So romantic!! :lmao: So true though!!

So this is how I got my October 2013 trip- points are very low = cost very low, passes "Almost Free" it's going to cost about $100 to upgrade to DVC PAP for the both of us. Disney passes for $50 each- yep that's almost free in my book. Our TiW card will still be valid..... Airfare will be our biggest expense... Maybe we want to move south so driving may be an option, or we might get a southwest card closer to when we know where we will live and use points if they have the 50K promo.... Plus the idea of being adults for 4 or 5 days was appealing and relaxing (grown up restaurants, drinks, no nap time or early bed times!)

Plus the discounts we can use on this trip are a plus as well :D

I'll be doing this tomorrow us, but I'm not sure what online check-in does? Do we by-pass the check-in line when we arrive by doing this or is there a designated line for those that have done it online?

Happy Thanksgiving friends! Hope everyone has a wonderful day! We are headed to my sisters for dinner. I'm going to wear my stretchy pants!

I'll be doing this tomorrow us, but I'm not sure what online check-in does? Do we by-pass the check-in line when we arrive by doing this or is there a designated line for those that have done it online?

There's a designated line for guests who've done online check-in which is usually shorter. Plus they'll have all your package put together and ready for you, so it makes your check-in faster. :goodvibes

cybrkitn said:

There is a separate line at each resort for those who already checked in online. In theory it should be shorter but I think it really comes down to how many people arrive at a given time and have done online checkin vs not. Basically they already have all your info from checking in online so they just need to give you your paperwork, KTTW cards, etc

I won't do it this time because I'd like to have the option to have a CM move our rooms closer together if my parents don't end up near us. We did mark that on our original reservation but you never know.

There is a separate line at each resort for those who already checked in online. In theory it should be shorter but I think it really comes down to how many people arrive at a given time and have done online checkin vs not. Basically they already have all your info from checking in online so they just need to give you your paperwork, KTTW cards, etc

I won't do it this time because I'd like to have the option to have a CM move our rooms closer together if my parents don't end up near us. We did mark that on our original reservation but you never know.

I did it for our first night, but the majority of our trip (7 nights) I am not doing it. With so many people, I don't want to have to worry about my CC being attached to room keys. Plus I have trust issues with my Mom and she has a room at ASM the first night...

DD made a little Thanksgiving treat I thought I'd share :-)

BC537361-E107-4907-A5D6-47B047D5CF71-9558-00000604CCA1F15D.jpg

Hope you're all having a fun and thankful day

So cute!!

pixiedust:

Has anyone used transportation from MCO other than DME? We're staying our first night at Universal so won't be able to use DME until the return trip home. I'm stuck trying to decide whether to use Mears or an airport shuttle....the shuttle seems a little cheaper (by $6) but I don't want it to take forever, kwim? Any ideas?

ksromack said:

I have a split stay and Im assuming I have to check in twice. Someone correct me if Im wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter