PART FIVE!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

WedgieSock said:
If you're gonna have a PAP anywhere, Disney is the place. I bet they sprinkle pixie dust down there first to make it more comfortable :goodvibes

I'm not sure even Pixie Dust could make that comfortable. (I apologize to all the males on the thread now for the turn this conversation this took, lol)

DisneyDreamerMN said:
Our flight leaves at 8:05 tomorrow morning! :cool1: My back is still bugging me, it is better but just so stiff that I walk a little hunched until it loosens up in the evening. I love my DH so much! Knowing that my back is still bugging me, he upgraded our seats to first class!! Yay for roomy chairs and not being stuck in the middle seat! We are flying Sun Country and if you upgrade 24 hours before your flight, it is only $89 per seat. Not the cheapest thing, but I think a really great deal for first class. :)

First Class! Woohoo! What a way to start off vacation.

PrincessAurora27 said:
The new vajazzling. :lmao:

Do they use the Pixie dust wands from BBB?

:rofl: *blushing*. Wow ladies and gentleman we're all a little punchy on Friday afternoon

grrrlennyl said:
I just got an email for Fastpass Plus!!!

Of course, the Hollywood Studios days aren't ones that work for me. I wonder if I wait if the later dates will be available...

levenhopper said:
I just tried the FastPass+ website with my confirmation number, and it worked! But, now I go back to the drawing board...

The FP+ trial is working the first two days of our trip, Dec 14 + 15, and will be active in MK and DHS. As of now, we're planning on being on DHS on the 15th, so that's fine. But we were planning on going to Epcot on the 14th. Is it worth swapping one of our MK days with the Epcot day, just to experience FP+?

Talking (typing) out loud: I could add park hoppers onto our reservation, and split our arrival day between MK and Epcot (as of now, I have FP+ for Peter Pan's Flight, Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade, Space Mountain, and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, all between 1PM and 6PM).

Then, I could split my MK day on 12/18 between Epcot and MK. Right now, we have a full day in MK, plus MVMCP...with a 4:45PM ADR at 'Ohana. Instead, we could do Epcot in the AM, keep the 'Ohana dinner, then head to MK for MVMCP after.

Or, I could ignore the FP+ for the 14th, and just use it on the 15th while we're in DHS (I got Star Tours, TSM, and ToT, all before 1:20PM).

Yay some of us got picked! I may try entering my confirmation number or just asking at the me desk when I get there tonight.
Currently waiting for my delayed plane in Oakland ... a little worried because our layover in kansas went from being an for and a half to a half hour but as long as I get on my Orlando plane I'll be happy ... Don't even care if our checked bags get there till later ...
12 more hours till we're in Disney! !! AHHHH!!!

Welcome!! :goodvibes There is a lot to read and learn, but dont let the debbie downers scare you ok? There are a LOT of people on here (not this thread) but the DIS in general with negative opinions about Christmas time, but there are just as many with positive. I choose to pay attention to the positive, and what I have learned is for the sake of all you consider special - EARLY MORNINGS! So our plan is opening the parks every day but one (our off day) and only staying late late one (night before our off day). Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. We usually go in late spring/ labor day weekend so the holiday season is complete new to us. We are not early risers but maybe this time DBf will agree to making it to RD for once!;)

What fun to throw together a last minute trip! No time to freak out......just have to pack and go!

We started talking about the Christmas trip about 3 weeks ago. DBf's only request was "if you could get the dining ressies for the places that we typically eat at, then we could consider going". So I started doing my homework:surfweb: and made some dining ressies before we even book the flight and hotel. Finally jumped the hoop last night when the plane tix prices came down a bit. Knowing myself as a obsessive planner, I am sure I would make more changes to the plan/ ressies before we leave.:rotfl2:

:welcome: Our trip starts on the 19th too! We'll be just across the lake from you at AoA! Only a couple more weeks left to wait!!! :banana:

Thanks! I wanted to stay at AoA too but DBf thinks it's too weird for him to stay at the Little Mermaid room (it's going to cost too much $$ to stay at the family suites since there are only the two of us) :lmao:

PhoenixStrength said:
Don't have time to read thru right now, just checking in from Epcot!

Quick note for anyone planning in eating lunch at BOG: I did yesterday, and the food was fantastic, but be warned they close off the line around 2:30-2:45 to enter. It took about 20 minutes after getting in line to even order, then eating time, and they need you out to set up for dinner. So don't wait too long to get in line for it!
Thanks for the update ... I'll be support pleased w a 20 min (or less) wait to order at Bog. :goodvibes:
DisneyDreamerMN said:
Our flight leaves at 8:05 tomorrow morning! :cool1: My back is still bugging me, it is better but just so stiff that I walk a little hunched until it loosens up in the evening. I love my DH so much! Knowing that my back is still bugging me, he upgraded our seats to first class!! Yay for roomy chairs and not being stuck in the middle seat! We are flying Sun Country and if you upgrade 24 hours before your flight, it is only $89 per seat. Not the cheapest thing, but I think a really great deal for first class. :)

That's a decent price! What a great dh you have!

Sorry for the late reply...class registration opened at 5AM, so I pulled an all-nighter last night (got a lot of schedule tweaking done), and I just woke up.

Anyways, I talked to my TA last night (when I emailed her, I said it was OK to call me late since I would be up all night...she called at 12:20AM). We spoke for almost a hour, and made a really good game plan. We ended up taking the MK FP+ and adding on park hoppers. And, we swapped the Monsters Inc FP+ out, and got Under The Sea instead.

So we'll hop on Friday from MK to Epcot, since Epcot has PM EMH until 12:30AM.

We'll also use the hoppers on Thursday, so we can simply start the day in Epcot before our tour, instead of going HS->Epcot->HS. And, having hoppers gives us the option to go to MK or Epcot after we do California Grill on Monday (though I bet we'll just monorail hop and look at decorations).

A little cutie for an afternoon smile...

39FFDE59-35D2-4517-AD43-CE59111963F2-17555-00000B1BC37404F0.jpg

DisneyDreamerMN said:
That's what I was thinking! But DH, is like "you can't mix your muscle relaxers with drinks" blah blah blah. I could be on my own little magical express.:rotfl:

Oh, I forgot about the muscle relaxers ;)

I'm pretty sure Wishes was an option for one of my evenings (I chose the 13th for HS and the 14th for MK.), but it it was already grayed out as if it had already been booked to capacity.

There's a MVMCP on the 14th...I'm betting they aren't doing FP+ during MVMCP (no matter how much I tried, I couldn't get any of my FP+ options to give me a return time after the 5PM-6PM window).

I need to share my secret. My DH and I left last Saturday to an all inclusive to Punta Cana, and today we woke up in ORLANDO!!!!!!! We hated the resort we were staying at. It was beautiful, but we were sick from the food and the terrible liquor. The entertainment was nothing like Disney, SO WE PLANNED A SECRET ADVENTURE! we took the next flight to Miami and had a quick road trip to Orlando and booked our room on the way. TONIGHT WE GO TO MVMCP!!!!! We cant tell anyone because our family and friends dont understand. Only you all will understand. So we are here now and leave on Sunday!!!! We plan to do epcot and HS on Saturday. phew! I feel better now. Crazy huh!??:rotfl2:

That's awesome about the surprise trip! But not so much about Punta Cana...

Last work day! And I leave early for a school event. :)

:santa: We've got 9 days!!! :santa: It can't come quick enough!

Congrats to both!

I just came here to post about how we leave a WEEK FROM TODAY! :dance3: And, I realized that I never properly introduced myself. So here goes:

Your 3 sentence biography: I'm a 20-something who is a relatively new Disney World fanatic. My Dbf enjoys the trips, but doesn't get nearly as excited as me. We're gamers who love good movies and travelling. I have a special affinity for Tigger, and Dbf's favorite Disney movie is Aladdin.

Welcome! I'm always glad to see 20-somethings here on the boards!

Awesome pixie dust (from your husband) before the trip even starts!

The new vajazzling. :lmao:

Do they use the Pixie dust wands from BBB?

I was doing OK with that conversation until now :/

Yay some of us got picked! I may try entering my confirmation number or just asking at the me desk when I get there tonight.
Currently waiting for my delayed plane in Oakland ... a little worried because our layover in kansas went from being an for and a half to a half hour but as long as I get on my Orlando plane I'll be happy ... Don't even care if our checked bags get there till later ...
12 more hours till we're in Disney! !! AHHHH!!!

If you try using your confirmation number, be sure to use the long, numeric one on your DME info (not the 8 character resort confirmation).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!