PART FIVE!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

cybrkitn said:
How much was it to make the photobook? I just showed DH and he liked the idea of doing it.

They really have a pretty good range of prices from about $15 for an 8.5 x 8.5 softcover up to $60 or so for leather (and a bunch of price points in between) my 12x12 hardcover was $71 and it was 12 extra pages. I had a 30% off coupon code which brought it to about $50. The 8.5 ones were $30 or so each - they were also hardcover and 20% off.

It was more than I anticipated spending - but we hadnt seen my SIL and her husband in 6 years and well it was just the best time ever :) However, it does seem like they run sales around holidays. Also when you sign up they give you a code for 20% off. Also shutterfly does them too. What I liked on mixbook (and I don't know if you can do this on shutterfly) is I could create the book and wait until a promo was available to purchase. I missed the Xmas one and took advantage of the New Years one - which I had to rush to finish before it expired :)

It was a lot of fun to make- I should have the finished copy next week and ill let you know what I think :)

Before DS10 was born and up until he was 7, I worked full time as a receptionist. Then I was laid off in 2009 and became a SAHM. Mostly b/c there were no jobs available in my field. The other reason is that DS was acting up a lot at the age of 7. When I became a SAHM, he made a complete 180. Turns out that he wasn't getting enough quality time with DH and I. By the time all of us got home, I'd make dinner than about an hour afterward eating, it would be time for DS to go to bed. There wasn't any time for us to be together except on weekends. Both DH and I were exhausted during the week and I was ready for bed at DS's bed time.

Things are getting a bit tight with one income (DH's) that I now need to find another job to give us that extra income. I'm not thinking of going back to school. I've already done that while I was working full time at one of my jobs (that company offered tuition reimbursement and I took advantage of it). The only problem with my area is that most of the jobs in my field are too far away that I would not be able to get back in time before after-care ends to pick up DS. DH and I don't have anyone that would be able to pick DS up 5 days a week.

I have been checking Indeed dot com's web site periodically and have applied for one job yesterday that is close by. It's been hard with the holidays, but I feel that the job market may change after today now that the holiday season is over.
Yeah, I know several of my friends are starting work next week since the companies they'll be working for just got their funding together for new/extra hires.
It is difficult finding work within a commuting distance ... if nothing else we've been fortunate to have work within a 5 minute drive of our house/DS6's school, and the job I'll be going back to is wonderfully flexible on the occasions which I might need to go pick him up from school because he missed the bus, etc.

Good luck in your hunt!
They really have a pretty good range of prices from about $15 for an 8.5 x 8.5 softcover up to $60 or so for leather (and a bunch of price points in between) my 12x12 hardcover was $71 and it was 12 extra pages. I had a 30% off coupon code which brought it to about $50. The 8.5 ones were $30 or so each - they were also hardcover and 20% off.
Yeah, I probably should have signed up for the ShutterFly e-mails before the holidays ... :scratchin I used to love getting coupons from Kodakgallery and making books over there a few times per year.

I am finally BACK in the real world :teeth:

Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2013 is your year!

Well, Disney kinda took it out of me .... came back, of course was totally depressed about it, Christmas was on top of me and I hadn't done a darn thing so frantic shopping, baking, planning, cleaning (but I loved it HA!), our family always take between Christmas & New year as vacation so I have been totally consumed in the holidays & cooking .... lots of cooking ....

I am over my Disney depression by way of planning our next trip :thumbsup2

Hope is everyone is well, missed you guys and looking forward to being back with my December Roll-Call Buddies :hug:

Will take a wander over to our group TR thread and maybe I will finally be ready to talk about my trip :p

WedgieSock said:

Well, Disney kinda took it out of me .... came back, of course was totally depressed about it, Christmas was on top of me and I hadn't done a darn thing so frantic shopping, baking, planning, cleaning (but I loved it HA!), our family always take between Christmas & New year as vacation so I have been totally consumed in the holidays & cooking .... lots of cooking ....

Hope is everyone is well, missed you guys and looking forward to being back with my December Roll-Call Buddies :hug:

Will take a wander over to our group TR thread and maybe I will finally be ready to talk about my trip :p

Hi!! :wave:

I've missed everyone! Kinda been in a slump since Disney it was just so awesome... And warm!! Yep it's gonna be -5 tonight :( brr.

When is your next trip??

Our christmas was rather frantic like getting our tree on 12/23 hehe the day after our tree farm closed for the season! :eek:

Hi!! :wave:

I've missed everyone! Kinda been in a slump since Disney it was just so awesome... And warm!! Yep it's gonna be -5 tonight :( brr.

:eek:

Its not that cold here - although it got to 32 last night and I was whining HA! but it has not stopped raining ALL day, lots and lots of rain - bleh!

When is your next trip??

Not FOREVER :sad: :sad:

This year we have to concentrate on getting a ranch built for my parents, my Mum can't really do any form of stairs now so that is No.1 on the agenda.

Sooooo, although it pains us, no trip this year. We have decided on 2014 BUT BUT BUT to make up for it, we're going for 12 days :teeth:

Our christmas was rather frantic like getting our tree on 12/23 hehe the day after our tree farm closed for the season! :eek:

:rotfl:

Seriously, thats how I like it. I am so much more productive under pressure ... don't give me time cuz I will do absolutely nothing with it :thumbsup2

http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/travel/disney-2012-8646917?vk=BmA4W5Ubjh

Let me know if that works... It's a mix of 2 different cameras, cell phones, photopass and the stock gallery CD....

This is so cute Sarah!!!!!!! I couldnt view it on my ipad and I finally got on the laptop today. I think my favorites are the fireworks/parade collage and the ride photos. And DD with Cinderella.
I really need to talk DH into PP for our next trip. We have exactly 3 pictures of the two of us together. And they were taken by one of us with our arm outstretched, so you can imagine how good they are. Lol. Oh wait, I forgot I took redneck photos of our Buzz ride photos. And of the SSE story at the end. So there are a few more of us. :rotfl2:

For those asking about the link to the Group TR... it is at the top of post #2 on the first page.

Tofu - Thanks for creating this thread (all 5 parts)! I've really enjoyed talking to everyone and meeting one DISer from this thread on our trip!

You are so welcome. I still can't believe it is all over. :sad2:

Group TR Thread

So it's January. Sigh.

I am not trying to kill this thread, but would love if we could move on over to the Trip Report thread. That way we can make it more active, start doing some phone photo contests etc.

I am in that post Disney funk, and need some fun ways to keep the memories alive!! So if we could move on over to there, that would ROCK.

Again, the link is in post #2. But here it is as well. GROUP TR!

Just finished eating at Le Cellier! We discovered this morning that we had two more table services than we thought and went to the concierge to see if any restaurants had openings and it turned out that Le Cellier had one table for two! Now we're waiting for O Canada to start.

We're not done partying (sp?) yet. Since we couldn't have a holiday get-together with friends before Christmas, DH went ahead and invited a few of our friends from church over for this Saturday. Of course he does this right after church service during our coffee hour. Later that day he comes to me and says, "Oh, btw, I invited a few people over for a party on January 5th." :rolleyes:

For NYE, we were supposed to go over to a friend's house after our NYE bowling party at our local bowling alley. Unfortunately, they had to cancel, so we hosted a small one with another of our friends and their son and another friend and her two daughters.

Group TR Thread

So it's January. Sigh.

I am not trying to kill this thread, but would love if we could move on over to the Trip Report thread. That way we can make it more active, start doing some phone photo contests etc.

I am in that post Disney funk, and need some fun ways to keep the memories alive!! So if we could move on over to there, that would ROCK.

Thanks for the link again. I went over and subscribed.

We were also in a Disney funk as well for a bit. Now it feels like our trip never happened, even though it did. However, we felt like we were back there when we were going over our PhotoPass photos yesterday. All of us were laughing at the comical looks on some of us.

Group TR Thread

So it's January. Sigh.

<sigh> I moved over...

Happy New Year all!!!

I'm sorry that I've been neglecting my Dec Roll Call thread duties (trying to type anything more than a couple of sentences on a Kindle is murder) . But I'm back to work now, and typing shouldn't be an issue. Just don't tell my boss. :surfweb:

DH fell in love with the Contemporary when we were resort hopping, but if we stay there I want to be in the Tower with TPV and that is $$$$$. He didnt like AKL much for some reason. We both like WL and it is a contender. I like YC a lot, but we need a good CS for breakfast. Loved Pop's food court. I think the goal will be CR and we will see how the saving goes. We might do a split stay too.

I talked to my friend when we got back and she said they arent posting the job--it is mine. I will interview as a formality with the manager in mid January and start in early Feb. She was able to hire someone else from our old work too, so that was good news.

Congrats on the new job.

I would like to hear some 1st hand opinions about the Contemporary, AKL and WL. We prob won't have the money to stay in them for a whole trip. But they could be a nice option for a 1 or 2 night/travel day.

Hi everyone!

I haven't had much time to check in with you all since I went on my trip, but I wanted to say hi!

Our trip was really great. We didn't have ANY rain, which is a miracle. My feet were KILLING me, so I definitely need to get in better shape and walk a lot more before my next trip. I guess walking for 8-12 hours a day is a big deal.

I'm so glad that I got to hang out with you all and get to know you through this thread!

I think we had rain on each of our middle 3 days that we were there. But as luck would have it, we missed it every time. Either we were in a ride, at a meal or on the bus. The wettest we got was on Splash Mtn.

With each phase here is who is allowed in, and not, per WDW Magic:

Phase 1
Guests with 'Magic Your Way' base tickets, or a '1-Day 1-Park Ticket', Guests without an admission ticket, and Cast Members using Main Gate & Silver Passes will be turned around at the parking lot booths.

Phase 2
Admission is limited to:

Disney Resort Guests (including the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and guests arriving by bus from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels)
Annual and Premium Annual Passholders
Guests with Hopper tickets coming from another park
Guests re-entering the park
Guests with dining reservations
Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League
Guests using Walt Disney World Resort Transportation will be admitted.

Phase 3
Admission is limited to:

Disney Resort Guests (including the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and guests arriving by bus from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels)
Annual and Premium Annual Passholders
Guests with dining reservations
Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League

Phase 4
Closed to all guests.

Thank you for posting this. I've tried to explain to people over the holidays, why we didn't go over Christmas week, and how crowded it would get. They would say "How crowded could it really get?" I'd reply, "Crowded enough that they shut the doors." But I couldn't go into more detail. Thanks.

We were in Disney from December 22-29. I was dreading the crowds most of all. I was pleasantly surprised by how well we navigated everything! I would go here every week of Christmas, for sure! What helped us was getting up early and arriving within the first hour of rope drop. The only park we went to later was AK on our first day. We met up with long time friends. We took them to FOTLK and EE. We missed the safari since they already rode it once, but we have riden it many times, so we weren't disappointed. The only time we felt the pressure of the crowd was on December 27 at DHS. It was pretty crowded mid day. We had rider swap passes for RNRC and the line went past the fastpass entrance. We decided not to wait and eventually gave away our pass. We left the park for about 90 minutes to visit GF for the gingerbread house. We were able to get 2 sets of fastpasses for TSM, but we gave our 2nd set away to a wonderful family that we met at Osbourne Lights. They arrived too late to get passes because they had planned to go to MK that day but got turned away. We had already ridden it once...they deserved a turn as well:)
It seemed as if many people did not know about fastpasses at all...I will never understand not doing your homework when you spend good time and money on a trip like this.
Our only big disappointment was the luau at the Poly. We had category 3 seating and felt out of the loop. The food was also just okay.
The highlights were CP with Gary Sinese on Christmas Day, the Osbourne lights and the ice castle.

That sounds like a great Christmas day. I've always heard that Sinese does a great job with the CP (still wouldn't trade the show we got with Blair Underwood though). And that was a thoughtful thing you did with that family and the FP for TSMM. We had a similar instance our last trip. A family had given us FP for Mission:Space (speaking of Sinese ;) ), because they couldn't use them. They had gotten them because the ride was down and they were in line, so they were any time FP's. As the day went on, we realized that we couldn't use them either. We saw a family in line, so we gave them to the family. The kids were happy.

I have the first three days of my trip report up! Come take a look!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3038743

Can't wait to start reading. I need to get off my duff and start our's.

Having a bit of Disney withdrawl right now. really wanting to plan another trip for next xmas, but we usually go everyother year., I think it was in part to a few issues we had at our resort(still waiting to find out how to get a hold of them to voice what went on)....First time on QS dining(or any dining for that matter)-felt like we waisted a lot of food, but was nice to not have a ton of OPP meals.

This was our 1st trip using the deluxe dining plan. And we BEAT IT :thumbsup2 . It took some effort and a couple of dining/show combos, but we beat it. I keep the final receipt in my wallet as a trophy.

Finally finished going through all of our photos (added borders to some) and have ordered our completed PhotoPass CD! It will arrive in 7-10 days :cool1:

I received an email stating that it will expire on the 8th so we had to get our butts moving and edit them so we could order the CD. I can't wait to get it!

I still have to call Disney, and try to straighten out our PP+ issues. Been playing email tag with Disney, with my AAA travel agent stuck in the middle.

:eek:

Its not that cold here - although it got to 32 last night and I was whining HA! but it has not stopped raining ALL day, lots and lots of rain - bleh!

Not FOREVER :sad: :sad:

This year we have to concentrate on getting a ranch built for my parents, my Mum can't really do any form of stairs now so that is No.1 on the agenda.

Sooooo, although it pains us, no trip this year. We have decided on 2014 BUT BUT BUT to make up for it, we're going for 12 days :teeth:

:rotfl:

Seriously, thats how I like it. I am so much more productive under pressure ... don't give me time cuz I will do absolutely nothing with it :thumbsup2

You're such a good doobie helping your folks build a house to accomodate them. That means that fate will give you all the ADR's you are hoping for when you go back in 2014.

While we're on the topic... (see below Tofubeast's quotes)

Happy New Year!! Our month is over (wah wah), but the spirit lives on!!

Hoping 2013 is magical, fun, healthy, and rewarding!

Group TR Thread

So it's January. Sigh.

Tofubeast... I just want to thank you for all the work you did on this thread. It wouldn't have been as much fun, as warm or as close without you taking the reigns.

Thank you very much.

That being said, any chance that you might be starting a December 2014 Roll Call thread? I'm not saying that BDLsgal and I are a definite for that time frame, BUT, it has been discussed. I already miss the EPCOT food, and she is already jones-ing for the Castle lights.

I will be updating the post-trip thread as I start writing our post-TR. I also want to thank you all for sharing the goods, the bads, the ups and downs over the past year. It's been a pleasure getting to know (and occassionally banter with :teeth: ) all of you.

Hope to see you on the post-trip thread. And I'll try to keep an eye out for you around the boards. :grouphug:

Tofubeast... I just want to thank you for all the work you did on this thread. It wouldn't have been as much fun, as warm or as close without you taking the reigns.

Thank you very much.

That being said, any chance that you might be starting a December 2014 Roll Call thread? I'm not saying that BDLsgal and I are a definite for that time frame, BUT, it has been discussed. I already miss the EPCOT food, and she is already jones-ing for the Castle lights.

I will be updating the post-trip thread as I start writing our post-TR. I also want to thank you all for sharing the goods, the bads, the ups and downs over the past year. It's been a pleasure getting to know (and occassionally banter with :teeth: ) all of you.

Hope to see you on the post-trip thread. And I'll try to keep an eye out for you around the boards. :grouphug:

Happy New Year to you as well and a big thank you for your nice words. As you know, the fun isn't over yet for all of us! Come chat on the group TR! I was happy to lead this thread, but it is only as good as its participants. You guys all rocked. :thumbsup2

Regarding: 12/2014. Hahaha. Not sure if we will be at WDW that timeframe this far in advance!! I will be going in Oct of this year (but roll call already started). hehe. I am thinking we might be heading out to CA in 2014, so a trip back to my old home park would be in order. I will keep ya posted though if Dec happens. ;)

I know this thread is winding down, but wanted to post some exciting news here because I've been chatting with y'all for so long you feel like friends.

I've been job hunting in California for about a year now, and this morning I got a call from one of the counties I interviewed with right after my DisneyWorld trip. They needed another reference, since one was out of the office until Monday, and wanted to get the paperwork in to make an offer before then!

So it looks like we'll be living 3K miles closer to Disney World by the time our next trip rolls around! Such a relief! :woohoo:

Just wanted to say thanks for all the moral support ... this group was one of the few things that kept me sane and cheerful while going through this job hunt the last year. There truly is something magical about Disney friends ...

taaren said:
I know this thread is winding down, but wanted to post some exciting news here because I've been chatting with y'all for so long you feel like friends.

I've been job hunting in California for about a year now, and this morning I got a call from one of the counties I interviewed with right after my DisneyWorld trip. They needed another reference, since one was out of the office until Monday, and wanted to get the paperwork in to make an offer before then!

So it looks like we'll be living 3K miles closer to Disney World by the time our next trip rolls around! Such a relief! :woohoo:

Just wanted to say thanks for all the moral support ... this group was one of the few things that kept me sane and cheerful while going through this job hunt the last year. There truly is something magical about Disney friends ...

Yaaaaay!!!!!!

I feel the same- almost a little lonely that my disney friends aren't around as much..

taaren said:

Congratulations on the new job! :woohoo:

We will just have to keep the conversation going in the TR thread and then follow it up with a "December 2012 forever" thread on the community board :-)

mom2travel said:

We will just have to keep the conversation going in the TR thread and then follow it up with a "December 2012 forever" thread on the community board :-)

Hahahahaha!!

Congrats on the job. I've felt the same way about this thread.

Hahahahahahahahaha... :lmao: You know that I'd be on board with that.

mom2travel said:

Rofl!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter