PART FIVE!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

I talked to my friend when we got back and she said they arent posting the job--it is mine. I will interview as a formality with the manager in mid January and start in early Feb. She was able to hire someone else from our old work too, so that was good news.

Val, that's great news! Congrats!

I've been a SAHM since 2009. Now it's time for me to go back to work (we really need 2 incomes) and have found that there isn't anything in my field close by. Those that I have been finding require skills and degrees that I don't have. Hopefully, after the holidays are over those jobs will start popping up.

So, my mom calls me up the other day b/c she is marking the back of her Disney pictures with the date and where it was taken. Her question? "Where was the Yacht Club?" Huh :confused:? So I ask her what she means by where is it . She then replies with, "What park was it in? Was it in Epcot, Magic Kingdom?" Oh-kay :rolleyes: (DH is looking at me with the same look of confusion and trying to hold back laughing) . I then tell her that it's not a park, it's a resort. I then here a very surprised, "Oh!" and then here her start to laugh. She really does come up with some doozies that make us all :rotfl2:! Love you mom!

What is phase 2?

With each phase here is who is allowed in, and not, per WDW Magic:

Phase 1
Guests with 'Magic Your Way' base tickets, or a '1-Day 1-Park Ticket', Guests without an admission ticket, and Cast Members using Main Gate & Silver Passes will be turned around at the parking lot booths.

Phase 2
Admission is limited to:

Disney Resort Guests (including the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and guests arriving by bus from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels)
Annual and Premium Annual Passholders
Guests with Hopper tickets coming from another park
Guests re-entering the park
Guests with dining reservations
Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League
Guests using Walt Disney World Resort Transportation will be admitted.

Phase 3
Admission is limited to:

Disney Resort Guests (including the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and guests arriving by bus from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels)
Annual and Premium Annual Passholders
Guests with dining reservations
Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League

Phase 4
Closed to all guests.

cybrkitn said:

I've been a SAHM since 2009. Now it's time for me to go back to work (we really need 2 incomes) and have found that there isn't anything in my field close by. Those that I have been finding require skills and degrees that I don't have. Hopefully, after the holidays are over those jobs will start popping up.

I am glad I have stayed at my job PT. I only work 12 -13 hours a week. However I've maintained my pay rate and it will be an easier transition if/when I go FT....

cybrkitn said:
So, my mom calls me up the other day b/c she is marking the back of her Disney pictures with the date and where it was taken. Her question? "Where was the Yacht Club?" Huh :confused:? So I ask her what she means by where is it . She then replies with, "What park was it in? Was it in Epcot, Magic Kingdom?" Oh-kay :rolleyes: (DH is looking at me with the same look of confusion and trying to hold back laughing) . I then tell her that it's not a park, it's a resort. I then here a very surprised, "Oh!" and then here her start to laugh. She really does come up with some doozies that make us all :rotfl2:! Love you mom!

Hahaha sounds like my MIL!!

What did you do before the kids were born? Are you thinking about going back for more training/degrees?
I think since we will be kidless and packing lightly it wouldn't be too bad. If I had my two little ones with me I wouldn't consider it at all! We don't plan on doing any cooking and just going with the flow. BWV for the food and wine days and BLT for our MK days? :) I am also expecting it to be slightly difficult to get close to Epcot during F&W so it's also my way of rationalizing two different resorts because of availability :)
BWV during food and wine would be :cloud9:.

I think because of DVC availability and the fact that I know I won't get either BLT or BCV during the first week of December next year is the reason I'm okay with mid-November in 2013. There's a chance I might get into one of the resorts that are closer to a park during mid-November, plus then I don't have to worry about wanting one more park day when our passes are expired, plus DH really is pushing for pre-Thanksgiving (I think he wants the relaxing part of the vacation where he can sleep in at the end).

1stvisit0909 said:
We were at EPCOt, but MK hit phase 2 closure about noon. Having been here all week, rope drop is a MUST if you want to actually do anything and not feel like a sardine. MK at/after wishes last night was good too.m

Thanks for your input
Wow I'm going to rethink it, my kids are young only 5 and 4 now, and I'm maybe thinking waiting till there like about 8 9 for Xmas at disney, I can imagine how busy it is, when I was there from 13-18 it was busy. My sister wants to go for Christmas 2013, but I don't like crowds. My sister thinks it will be easy and she has even smaller kids

DisneyMom0709 said:
Thanks for your input
Wow I'm going to rethink it, my kids are young only 5 and 4 now, and I'm maybe thinking waiting till there like about 8 9 for Xmas at disney, I can imagine how busy it is, when I was there from 13-18 it was busy. My sister wants to go for Christmas 2013, but I don't like crowds. My sister thinks it will be easy and she has even smaller kids

Meh. Get there early and do what you want to do and leave once it gets crowded. Kids that age don't stay up late anyway.

We were in Disney from December 22-29. I was dreading the crowds most of all. I was pleasantly surprised by how well we navigated everything! I would go here every week of Christmas, for sure! What helped us was getting up early and arriving within the first hour of rope drop. The only park we went to later was AK on our first day. We met up with long time friends. We took them to FOTLK and EE. We missed the safari since they already rode it once, but we have riden it many times, so we weren't disappointed. The only time we felt the pressure of the crowd was on December 27 at DHS. It was pretty crowded mid day. We had rider swap passes for RNRC and the line went past the fastpass entrance. We decided not to wait and eventually gave away our pass. We left the park for about 90 minutes to visit GF for the gingerbread house. We were able to get 2 sets of fastpasses for TSM, but we gave our 2nd set away to a wonderful family that we met at Osbourne Lights. They arrived too late to get passes because they had planned to go to MK that day but got turned away. We had already ridden it once...they deserved a turn as well:)
It seemed as if many people did not know about fastpasses at all...I will never understand not doing your homework when you spend good time and money on a trip like this.
Our only big disappointment was the luau at the Poly. We had category 3 seating and felt out of the loop. The food was also just okay.
The highlights were CP with Gary Sinese on Christmas Day, the Osbourne lights and the ice castle.

taaren said:
What did you do before the kids were born? Are you thinking about going back for more training/degrees?

BWV during food and wine would be :cloud9:.

I think because of DVC availability and the fact that I know I won't get either BLT or BCV during the first week of December next year is the reason I'm okay with mid-November in 2013. There's a chance I might get into one of the resorts that are closer to a park during mid-November, plus then I don't have to worry about wanting one more park day when our passes are expired, plus DH really is pushing for pre-Thanksgiving (I think he wants the relaxing part of the vacation where he can sleep in at the end).

I agree, we are debating where to stay in Jan 14 for our family trip. I am thinking excluding the marathons we could easily do a stay at most of the resorts. I love OKW but I want to try a few more ;) We also plan on a Dec 14 trip with extended family so I need to conserve points for a GV :)

I finally finished my photobook!! It took forever but looks great :D I wonder if I could share it on here....

This is good to know! I was planning on taking the kids next year for Christmas. I had talked to someone who went a couple of years ago during this time and they said they would never go back again at this time. She said it was to crowded and they stopped letting people into Magic Kingdom at 12 noon Christmas day because they were at max capacity!:wizard:

I finally finished my photobook!! It took forever but looks great :D I wonder if I could share it on here....

Ooh, you could post a link if you can make it public ... is it on Shutterfly?

I haven't even started mine yet, since we haven't finished playing with and downloading the Photopass pictures.

taaren said:
Ooh, you could post a link if you can make it public ... is it on Shutterfly?

I haven't even started mine yet, since we haven't finished playing with and downloading the Photopass pictures.

I published it on mixbook... Hmmm I wonder if I could do it from my phone. :)

We were in Disney from December 22-29. I was dreading the crowds most of all. I was pleasantly surprised by how well we navigated everything! I would go here every week of Christmas, for sure! What helped us was getting up early and arriving within the first hour of rope drop. The only park we went to later was AK on our first day. We met up with long time friends. We took them to FOTLK and EE. We missed the safari since they already rode it once, but we have riden it many times, so we weren't disappointed. The only time we felt the pressure of the crowd was on December 27 at DHS. It was pretty crowded mid day. We had rider swap passes for RNRC and the line went past the fastpass entrance. We decided not to wait and eventually gave away our pass. We left the park for about 90 minutes to visit GF for the gingerbread house. We were able to get 2 sets of fastpasses for TSM, but we gave our 2nd set away to a wonderful family that we met at Osbourne Lights. They arrived too late to get passes because they had planned to go to MK that day but got turned away. We had already ridden it once...they deserved a turn as well:)
It seemed as if many people did not know about fastpasses at all...I will never understand not doing your homework when you spend good time and money on a trip like this.
Our only big disappointment was the luau at the Poly. We had category 3 seating and felt out of the loop. The food was also just okay.
The highlights were CP with Gary Sinese on Christmas Day, the Osbourne lights and the ice castle.

I agree! We were there 12/21 - 12/30 and only twice that entire time did we feel overwhelmed by the crowds. My one recommendation would be to avoid the MK on Christmas Day. We were heading over to Epcot around 10 am on the monorail when we saw cars backed up for a few miles to get into the MK.

Disney did an excellent job in keeping the lines moving. I was talking to someone who worked there and she said she works in the offices but was put in the parks to help facilitate keeping people moving.

I would definetely go again during Christmas. Just need to get to the parks within 1 hour of opening. We took a break every afternoon back at the hotel. Then would head into one of the parks at night for fireworks.

We saw Gary Sinese too! He was great :)

Having a bit of Disney withdrawl right now. really wanting to plan another trip for next xmas, but we usually go everyother year., I think it was in part to a few issues we had at our resort(still waiting to find out how to get a hold of them to voice what went on)....First time on QS dining(or any dining for that matter)-felt like we waisted a lot of food, but was nice to not have a ton of OPP meals.

Heading back home now after a great Disney vacation!! DH and I are even talking about becoming DVC members! We got more done than I thought and the crowds did not seem that bad (thanks to early arrivals and good planning). Kids had a great time...each one of them, and it really helped to have a younger child. We were able to do rider swap so the bigger two kids got to ride each popular ride twice in a row. We did everything we wanted and never waited more than about 30-40 minutes per ride (and that was about one to two times only per day). We waited longest for the Harry Potter ride (an hour) at 7:55am! Lots of memories and pictures to scrapbook. Glad everyone else had such a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter