Parksavers...Legit? Disadvantages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AngiTN did a great job answering all your questions but I just wanted to hop on and share my experience. I purchased from Parksavers about a month ago. Purchased on a Thursday, received codes on a Monday and linked them immediately. No problems whatsoever and it gave me immediate FP access for a rolling 30 days. On April 5th (midnight) I fully expect my 60 window to open.

We are probably planning to head to WDW next June 2017, as well. If so, I will purchase from park savers again and buy the buy 4, get 3 free tix (regardless of if we do 5, 6, or 7 park days).

Searched for info on Park Savers here and found this thread from a few weeks ago. I don't know much about this site so I want to make sure I have this right. Am I missing something here? The 7 day park hoppers are cheaper than the 5 day park hoppers? We are only going for 5 days, but why wouldn't I buy the 7 days for cheaper?

This just seems like a too-good-to-be-true-so-what's-the-catch kind of a situation, so I just want to make sure. The following are all including tax (I think):
  • 5-day PH Direct from Disney: Adult $435.59; Child $414.29
  • 5-day PH Undercover Tourist: Adult $413.27; Child $392.20
  • 5-day PH Park Savers: Adult $400.09; Child $383.32
  • 7-day PH Park Savers: Adult $389.46; Child $370.09
Additionally, there's a chance we will upgrade to DVC Gold APs when we're there, so getting the 7 day also allows for us to bridge off of a higher base price, correct? Seriously, what's the catch??? :confused3

When upgrading these 7 day Park Hoppers from ParkSavers to DVC Gold Annual Passes's are they bridged as 7 Day Park Hoppers?
Or would they be as 4 day Park Hoppers?
I was under the impression that they were essentially 4 day Park Hoppers with 3 free extra days, so I was wondering how they were treated when upgrading.

When upgrading these 7 day Park Hoppers from ParkSavers to DVC Gold Annual Passes's are they bridged as 7 Day Park Hoppers?
I was under the impression that they were essentially 4 day Park Hoppers with 3 free extra days, so I was wondering how they were treated when upgrading.
Well, my email confirmation says that I have 7 day park hoppers, so I'm assuming that they will be upgraded based on 7-day PH prices. However, the key to bridging will be using at least one day's admission before doing the upgrade.

I emailed and asked this question before I bought as I knew we planned on upgrading to AP's and was told that the tickets are 7 day PH tickets and that's all Disney will know about them. Once I added them to MDE it shows them as 7 day PH's not, 4 day PH with 3 free so the upgrade will be based off of the price of a 7 day PH.

Just an update.....I ordered yesterday got my 1st email with auto receipt 3 minutes later....12 minutes after that I got the email with the ticket voucher.....Now I'm just waiting on the FP+ Conf. #..... Hopefully by Tuesday.

What do you put for the redemption date if you are not going until January 2017?
If you are linking them in to MDE it won't matter what date you put. You can put next week in. The date only matters if you plan to take the voucher to the ticket office and get physical tickets.

Just checked an I got my FP #'s yesterday.......
So Super excited, and what a savings too....Kinda ridiculous but I'm not complaining LoL:teeth:

I've always used UCT, but now I see this is quite a bit cheaper. If I buy the 7 day hoppers that will be $78.08 cheaper than buying a 7 day hopper from Disney and want to both link it to MDE as soon as possible to book more FPs but ALSO get the physical tickets when we arrive, can I do that? It seems like, as I read through this thread, it was one or the other. Get the number and link now, or wait and pick up the tickets when you get there. I don't know why I need the actual ticket - I guess I really don't, I just like to actually have it - but I did want to get the physical tickets. However, I don't want to give up making FP+ ahead of time to do it.

The actual plan is to then upgrade to APs, which I calculated would then be an additional $330.15 per person after we use the tickets once. As an aside - That's crazy - a year and a half ago we paid like an additional $25 (maybe it was more like $75, but I really thought it was around $25) to upgrade the 7 day hopper/WPFAM tickets we had bought from UCT then. How much have APs gone up??? I think this may be our last year of multiple trips a year - even this die hard fan is getting fed up with everything that is happening at once.

I've always used UCT, but now I see this is quite a bit cheaper. If I buy the 7 day hoppers that will be $78.08 cheaper than buying a 7 day hopper from Disney and want to both link it to MDE as soon as possible to book more FPs but ALSO get the physical tickets when we arrive, can I do that? It seems like, as I read through this thread, it was one or the other. Get the number and link now, or wait and pick up the tickets when you get there. I don't know why I need the actual ticket - I guess I really don't, I just like to actually have it - but I did want to get the physical tickets. However, I don't want to give up making FP+ ahead of time to do it.

The actual plan is to then upgrade to APs, which I calculated would then be an additional $330.15 per person after we use the tickets once. As an aside - That's crazy - a year and a half ago we paid like an additional $25 (maybe it was more like $75, but I really thought it was around $25) to upgrade the 7 day hopper/WPFAM tickets we had bought from UCT then. How much have APs gone up??? I think this may be our last year of multiple trips a year - even this die hard fan is getting fed up with everything that is happening at once.
had to be more than a year and a half ago. We bought ours last year and they were over $300 to upgrade from a UT 7 day WP and more ticket. APs did not go up that much in a few months time.

As for your first question, I would ask Park Savers to clarify if you can do both, link to MDE and pick up in person. While you are right, it is not needed if you do want to do it there is a chance it's possible. They could tell you for sure.

had to be more than a year and a half ago. We bought ours last year and they were over $300 to upgrade from a UT 7 day WP and more ticket. APs did not go up that much in a few months time.

As for your first question, I would ask Park Savers to clarify if you can do both, link to MDE and pick up in person. While you are right, it is not needed if you do want to do it there is a chance it's possible. They could tell you for sure.

Thanks, I will email them. Not in a huge hurry, although we are in our FP window. We bought our APs Feb 2, 2015 in Epcot, upgrading from UCT tickets. They expired this Feb, but I didn't want to renew since we didn't need them until May. Now I'm curious, I'm going to have to see if I can dig out the receipt.

I found the receipt from Guest Services. We paid $97.98 to upgrade 2 adult and 1 child PH/WPFAM/NO EXPIRING tickets from UCT to APs on Feb 2, 2015. I think they were 7 day tickets, they were whichever saved the most off of Disney Prices at the time. I think the no expiration is the big difference, that added quite a bit to the ticket price and you cant get them any more to compare.

I found the receipt from Guest Services. We paid $97.98 to upgrade 2 adult and 1 child PH/WPFAM/NO EXPIRING tickets from UCT to APs on Feb 2, 2015. I think they were 7 day tickets, they were whichever saved the most off of Disney Prices at the time. I think the no expiration is the big difference, that added quite a bit to the ticket price and you cant get them any more to compare.
Yes, this is correct. NE tickets were quite a jump in price and upgrading from those to an AP would indeed be a lower upgrade fee

There are so many posts on Parksavers! I searched a long time and I appreciate an answer to the questions I am sure have already been answered. We are going next summer for 9 days. Can I buy the 4 + 3 day pass and add the extra 2 days somehow? Would I have to do that at the Park/resort and, if so, would that limit my ability to make FP reservations for those last 2 days?
Thanks for any help. I want to pull the trigger on these passes but don't want to screw up!

We are going next summer for 9 days.
1. Can I buy the 4 + 3 day pass and add the extra 2 days somehow?
2. Would I have to do that at the Park/resort and, if so,
3. would that limit my ability to make FP reservations for those last 2 days?

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes. But, just book for the MOST DIFFICULT 7 PARK DAYS of your 9 day trip in advance.
Then, as soon as you arrive, go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations and upgrade by adding the 2 additional days. Right then, book your other 2 "less difficult" park days.
Using today's prices (they may go up before your trip) the upgrade would cost $10.65 per added day, per ticket, including tax.

Last edited:
Just wanted to add my GREAT experience with parksavers, placed order Thursday AM, received instant email reply, by 4pm a confirmation of order being complete, and a separate email confirming the details. By noon Friday email from Disney with numbers to add to my disney experience. Great overall experience, thanks to all for the reassurance, wanted to pass some along as well !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter