Parks Blog officially announces Jamaica as 2013 port

All of the time & effort my hubby did paid off!!! He was right!!!! What a good investigator!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Jamaica ... meh

At least it different but I'd like to see more San Juan (for more than half a day) and other southern exotic ports personally.

Who knows how long I'll be pushing my deposit back...

Now if we could just come up with a clue on when 2014 dates will be released.

insureman said:
Not a fan of Jamaica.

And you can't please everyone. I'm not going to go to Galveston to sail to Jamaica, either, but we have been BEGGING for different for a LONG TIME!!!!

I would go to Miami to sail to Jamaica or a southern route tho.

And you can't please everyone. I'm not going to go to Galveston to sail to Jamaica, either, but we have been BEGGING for different for a LONG TIME!!!!

I would go to Miami to sail to Jamaica or a southern route tho.

agreed, its a start. Here's hoping to break out of the stagnation and mix it up more.

with all due respect though, adding Jamaica to select cruises out of Galveston is not really WOW knock your socks off news.

Just of the blog page.

fans, we want you to be the first to know…Disney Cruise Line is headed to Jamaica next year! That’s right, for the first time ever we’ll call on this beautiful tropical island during select Caribbean sailings from Texas.

The new seven-night Western Caribbean cruises stopping at Jamaica will depart from Galveston in late 2013. In addition to Falmouth, Jamaica, these voyages will call on Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico.

So what are some of the best things to do in Jamaica? Nature lovers can snorkel the turquoise waters and relax on the beautiful beaches…take a bamboo raft ride along the Martha Brae River for exceptional views of the island’s lush tropical scenery…or visit nearby Ocho Rios to see the spectacular Dunn’s River Falls.

If you’re looking to experience the history and culture of Jamaica, you can explore Falmouth, one of the Caribbean’s best-preserved Georgian towns. Whether you take a trip through time on a horse-and-buggy ride, shop for arts and crafts or indulge in a meal with Jamaica’s signature jerk recipes, you’ll most definitely enjoy your time in this quaint port town.

What’s your favorite Caribbean port of call?

5 Comments

Share:

Count me as another person that wouldn't bother getting off the boat in Jamaica. I'd really prefer a different island.

Just saw the announcement of Jamaica as a port on 7 day cruises out of Galveston, TX.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter