Parking pass when staying on site ? still the same?

eeyoresnr

DIS Veteran
silly question here... does Disney still issue the paper parking pass that you place on your dashboard when you stay on site? this also enables free parking at parks correct? does anyone have a recent one they can show a picture of? thanks

we haven't stayed on site for a few years... just wondering if the are still the same

I've stayed onsite 3 times since April. I was never given a paper parking pass. Now you scan your MagicBand to enter your resort. I did not drive to any parks, but I would assume it's the same there.

We didn't get any parking passes for the hotel or the parks. Some places scanned our magic bands; some just wanted to see them.

wow, how recent was that?

March 2015. I think it's part of the new online checkin. We never needed to go to the front desk, so there was really no way to get a parking permit. We stayed at POR. However, we drove to GF for the spa and an ADR, Poly to drop DS at the kid's club, and to the TTC, DHS, Epcot, and AK. Some places scanned our MB; some just wanted to see it. I think a couple asked to see DH's driver's license.

I did online check in as well. That is a good guess as to why we weren't given paper passes.

I can't figure out the current inconsistency. We were there for Easter (end of March/beginning of April) and we were given parking passes at AKL and we showed them to the parking attendants at the parks everyday. No one asked to see our bands there.

In my recent trips (last few years) we got the parking pass for our resort from the guard gate, not at the desk.

I stayed at AKL in April and a split at CBR/POR in February. Both times I received a paper parking pass. For AKL, I received the pass from the guard at the gate. At CBR and POR, I received the pass from the guest check-in. I had a friend join me in April who drove up separate and I had to get an extra parking pass at the guest check-in. The parking pass has been the same for each place and each stay: about a half sheet of paper with my name, my reservation number, the name of the resort I was staying at, and the dates of my stay. The few times I drove to the park, they would just look at the parking pass in the window and send me through.

Interesting - no parking pass for us in April (BCV) or June (Poly) of this year. I asked in April and was told no more passes just use your MB, out of habit I asked again in June and was told the same!

I stayed middle of June at CSR and Pop. We were not given parking passes at either resort. At some of the parks they are scanning your MagicBand and at some they are just looking at the band. It is inconsistent. We had one attendant even ask our name and where we were staying after scanning.

Perhaps right now they are testing the MagicBand as the parking pass. It sounds like this is the case because in the past only certain guests were selected for possible changes that may be made, and they were given that ability whereas others still used the "old system". I know we went at the beginning of December 2014 and they were still using paper passes, but not long after I read somewhere that they were going to start using the MagicBands as the passes.

Paying for parking just makes no sense. Add it to the ticket price or be done with it.

Last edited:
I did online check in for my March trip to POFQ. I usually get a parking pass at the guard shack, but she said they weren't handing them out there anymore. She said if I wanted one I would have to go to the front desk to get it. I commented that it kind of defeated the whole point of online check in to do it that way, and she agreed but said that's how they were doing it. When I came back home, word on the Web was that they were phasing out the paper passes and that you would be scanning your MB instead. Maybe they just haven't phased into all the resorts yet due to working out the kinks in the process.

It's been some months ago, but they gave us a paper parking pass at the front desk of our resort (POFQ). We also did the online check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter